Championship thread 23/24 (9 Viewers)

skybluegod

What we learnt tonight: -

Birmingham are shit (not that it means anything for Saturday)

Hull can't buy a win.

West Brom are going to crawl into the play offs.

Bristol City are still trying to win games for some reason.

Ipswich have the jitters.

It seems like nobody wants to win the league this year. Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich have all been throwing away points

napolimp

It seems like nobody wants to win the league this year. Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich have all been throwing away points

Ipswich doesn't surprise me, I think their players are starting to realise what they're on the verge of after promotion from League 1. May not actually be a bad team to play at home during the run in.

Viktor17

Stoke fans really slagging Rose and McNally and Blackburn doing the same for Hyam and McFadz, we really did get the best from them all
Been keeping eye on McNally - I still rate him and wouldn’t be against going after him in summer. (Think robins still rates also)

but clearly not worked at Stoke - suggest more down to club and team?

Blackburn in free fall - Leeds next for them.

Saddlebrains

That Blackburn result astonishes me

Thats the kind of result that knicks the stuffing out of a side. Against nothing to play for Bristol aswell.

All of Wednesday, Blues, Huddersfield, Blackburn and Stoke are toilet, should relegate the lot of them

SkyBlueSoul

Wow hyam had an absolute stinker for first 3 Bristol city goals. Looked like a fan who won a prize to play with the pros
Just watched the highlights, that's ridiculous. Followed by Fadz punching it out to give away a penalty.

SkyblueTexan

Watching the highlights, Hyam had a nightmare. Though a couple of games ago they went to Sunderland and hit 5 themselves, so who knows what’s going on
Just watched it now. Yes, Hyam had a mare. Even Fadz handled one for a penalty. Yikes!

SkyblueTexan

Heard Sargent may not be available for Norwich vs Preston. Not sure how much I can trust this news after he (i.e. Sargent) was supposedly injured during the int'l break and could not play for the US. Anyway, I suppose there's no point hoping for others to slip up it we keep passing up the opportunities to make ground.

fernandopartridge

Blackburn's fans are incredibly deluded about their status in the game. They are from a small town in East Lancashire who challenged in the top flight nearly 30 years ago off the back of a wealthy benefactor. They hadn't been a top flight team since the 60s before Walker's millions. They are around their natural level now.

SkyblueTexan

The way Leicester have squandered the seemingly insurmountable lead at the top they had, I think they may end up missing out on promotion altogether if they fail to get autos this season. I don't think they'll win the playoffs as their psyche would be so shattered.

Users who are viewing this thread