Championship thread 23/24 (19 Viewers)

Hobo

The Athletic reported that the total cost (loan fee and wages) was £500k

Sounds about right, reported to be on £40,000 a week at Liverpool and Hull will only be paying a percentage of that.

David O'Day

Nah Rosenior was the reason they steadied the ship first half of the season and had build great foundations. Their nutter owner went and got in a load of names on loan. Massive risk that didn't pay off.

You watch the owner go get a 'name' manager and fuck it even worse next season.

I said it in January. Never bet the farm. Slow and steady, stay within reasonable spending and it will pay off eventually.
He still massively underachieved from January onwards, end of story,

Brighton Sky Blue

Baffling how an owner can see what happened to Birmingham after sacking a decent manager and thinking it’s worth doing again.

David O'Day

I wonder how much input he had over that January recruitment. Whilst no doubt they signed some good individuals on paper, there never seemed much of a plan on how they would actually work within the solid foundations he'd already built.
i'm not saying they should have sacked him but he still massively underachieved

Hincha

While we didn't do enough in January to finish in the top 6, they actually went too far in January despite making some great signings.

Trying to bed in 7 players (4 were loans who's parent clubs will expect them to start) in the middle of the season is actually nuts.

You can sign quality but its team cohesion will make you a good side at any level. Now the owner sacks the manager even though he fucked up the squad dynamics.

Grendel

I think the rest of the £5million went to Kasey Palmer.

People love to make things up.

Bournemouth back in the day paid Kenwyne Jones wages from Stoke his £30,000 a week wages in their promotion push

What on earth has - according to you - the next ccfc player to be signed by a premier league club wages to do with it?

Hertsccfc

While we didn't do enough in January to finish in the top 6, they actually went too far in January despite making some great signings.

Trying to bed in 7 players (4 were loans who's parent clubs will expect them to start) in the middle of the season is actually nuts.

You can sign quality but its team cohesion will make you a good side at any level. Now the owner sacks the manager even though he fucked up the squad dynamics.
Yes there is a lot if space between no loans and doing what they did.

SBT

Bournemouth back in the day paid Kenwyne Jones wages from Stoke his £30,000 a week wages in their promotion push

What on earth has - according to you - the next ccfc player to be signed by a premier league club wages to do with it?
It’s posts like this that make this forum what it is - bravo

Grendel

I genuinely don't but if you're trying to say I said Palmer will be signed by a Premier League team it's not true.

Phil Foden is playing quite well don't you think?

You said palmer could be the next player signed by a premier league club

You also said Dasilva was an upgrade on Bidwell - who seems on this forum to be one of the best 3 players this season.

Grendel

It’s posts like this that make this forum what it is - bravo

Can you quote me in the sports section of the Basildon? I will require a fee though

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Carvalho cost them about 5 million for a 6 month loan didn’t he?

Whoever sanctioned that deal is the one that should be sacked.

PVA

Animated GIF

SleepyGinger

Bolton 5-2 up on aggregate, they up very similar to how we did in league 1. Could see us going after Evatt if we ever lost Robins, local lad too I think.

Londonccfcfan

They played with no out and out strikers last few months.
Sharp and Connolly were on the bench not used. Only recently started using that Ohio as impact sub.

Strange playing with Carvalho/Tufan as your main strikers.

Even Giles didnt play as many minutes as I thought he would. It was very strange.

I think their squad value was in excess of £100m only the big 4 had bigger values.

It was a huge failure. When you consider the players in the squad they had.

Users who are viewing this thread