Match Thread Charlton Athletic vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 6th Oct (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

Been on the Charlton forum and in the main, they think we are dogshit and can’t believe they lost the game. There are some that credited us on our second half and how dogged we were.

It’s a cracking result but for 60-65 minutes we were pathetic by all accounts. It’s a results business but we must be better.
They are right but fuck em. We won they lost

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

#HarryWalkerIsACunt day?
It's baffling beyond words.

1. Shipley wasn't in the starting 11 today.

2. He only came on with 2 mins to go and therefore cannot be judged on today's performance.

3. All he is doing here is congratulating City's goalscorer today on Twitter, something we should all applaud.

4. We won.

What on earth justifies a 'f**k off you s**t c**t' remark? What on any day, but today after a great victory?

Madness.

Adge

Just seen the goals! What was brown thinking? The man was running nowhere!!

As for Bakayoko, I think I’m going to get his name tattooed* somewhere! What a player ;)

*not strictly true
Is that going to be next to the one that has mum and dad in a scroll with a snake wrapped around a dagger?

Otis

Is that going to be next to the one that has mum and dad in a scroll with a snake wrapped around a dagger?
I'm waiting for the first Dad and Dad snake dagger tattoo.

Or perhaps there already is one.

Sky Blue Harry H

A poor showing from both sets of fans. Charlton were the quietest they have been all season and Coventry, despite travelling in very impressive numbers, took until the 80th minute to make any noise. Understandable, considering the team gave them little to cheer for before Bakayoko’s first.

The above is an extract from a piece in Charlton's press. Laughable. The SBA (particularly as we were losing) were loud all through the second half!

Liquid Gold

A poor showing from both sets of fans. Charlton were the quietest they have been all season and Coventry, despite travelling in very impressive numbers, took until the 80th minute to make any noise. Understandable, considering the team gave them little to cheer for before Bakayoko’s first.

The above is an extract from a piece in Charlton's press. Laughable. The SBA (particularly as we were losing) were loud all through the second half!
Their official club twitter even said they were enjoying the twist and and shout that had been going on for 10 minutes at about the hour mark.

Sky Blue Harry H

Their official club twitter even said they were enjoying the twist and and shout that had been going on for 10 minutes at about the hour mark.

Yep - elsewhere on their forums they have said we were loud in the 2nd half, despite being behind. Also referred to MR outthinking Lee Bowyer with tactical substitutions (one for various posters!!)

larry_david

Was listening on some shitty fb commentary stream and all I could hear were cov songs all the way through. Well done boys.

PS who was singing allez allez allez?

Ricketts

A bit like Portmouth last week. I had to stand on my foot to stop it tapping along to the Portmouth Beatles song.

Sick Boy

Hahahaha it was one of the best atmospheres away from home all season with a lot of noise being made throughout the game.

jordan210

Watching the goals back. Brown was a bit unlucky for the pen. Stupid lunge tackle but in the build up he was clearly fouled multiple times. Basically was in a head lock at one point and his shirt is was half way up his body.

higgs

Is brown the answer to our left back problems or were we sold a pup?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adge

Is brown the answer to our left back problems or were we sold a pup?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think Stokes would have been more than capable if he had been retained.

clint van damme

One think that hasn't been mentioned from yesterday (I think), was the method of the goals.
Get striker in 6 yard box, get ball in 6 yard box, not been doing enough of it this season. Paid dividends yesterday.

standupforcity

To be fair to them I think they were the better attacking team compared to ours, had Baka not come on and changed things the team would have had a right slating,
Before we scored I was thinking i wish we had someone like Taylor who could hold the ball up and actually beat a man...that man was usually the inept Brown its a good job the rest of their players didnt have the same attributes as him
Taylor's arrogance is ugly, his celebration resembled some display from a jungle inhabitant...embarrassing!!!

standupforcity

It never ceases to amaze me how precious some football fans can be. Another case of being able to dish it out but not take it.
Comparing the Taylor celebration with that of Babayoko's....well I know which one I prefer!! Taylor had a long way to fall, and fall he did!!

clint van damme

you're right! Leave it up to the keeper in future Liam!!

Do5sAAQXsAAmpcl.jpg:large

peace ndlovu

Been on the Charlton forum and in the main, they think we are dogshit and can’t believe they lost the game. There are some that credited us on our second half and how dogged we were.

It’s a cracking result but for 60-65 minutes we were pathetic by all accounts. It’s a results business but we must be better.
We weren't pathetic. We were, on the other hand, mediocre for prolonged spells.
They were certainly the better team over the 90 minutes, but it never felt as if we were under siege. They needed a big favour from Junior Brown to score FFS. We have played better and lost e.g Scunthorpe, Rochdale etc. Shit happens.

Users who are viewing this thread