Ched Evans signing for a League One Club... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybluetony176

Yes I do, why think differently considering my stance thus far whenever a Ched Evans thread crops up and the uninformed start with there mouths??

Uninformed? He's a convicted rapist convicted by a very informed jury. I would suggest you're the one uninformed or possibly misinformed.

skybluebeduff

Uninformed? He's a convicted rapist convicted by a very informed jury. I would suggest you're the one uninformed or possibly misinformed.

I know his conviction ffs, but are you aware that the victim, to this day, still don't remember consenting or not?.

What does it matter, get your pitchforks out when he arrives in another team's colours against us.

skybluetony176

That's cool you'll also know Luke McCormick is a convicted of causing death by dangerous driving, killing children yet you was quiet during the Plymouth game...

Some people ffs.

Why do people always make this comparison? Are you suggesting that Luke McCormick deliberately drove his car into the other car intent on killing the occupants?

kg82

That's cool you'll also know Luke McCormick is a convicted of causing death by dangerous driving, killing children yet you was quiet during the Plymouth game...

Some people ffs.

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you at all. Ched Evans is a convicted rapist. End of story. Knowing him and getting his side of things means nothing. The judge and jury also had that. End of story with that one. McCormick is a convicted fellon also, for killing children whilst drink driving. That is a fact. But I don't get your argument (I actually don't know when the Plymouth game was either, I can't remember it)? He hasn't played for us. He isn't going to play for us. It's not the same.
Also, we're not the club being linked with Evans!! So I'll leave it now!

The Philosopher

An interesting thing, the price of morals.

Ched Evans is a very good player at this level.

What would the clamour be if the player in question was, say, David Bell?

Probably not the same as for
Callum Wilson?

What about if Rooney was without a club and an outcast, didn't need any money and just wanted to play?

To many, morality is a sliding scale - Marlon King proved that.

skybluebeduff

Everyone deserves a second chance in life, that is what prison is for, but the guy has served his time, let him get back to building his own life.

All i put in my first post was that he is a good guy, he's done a lot for charities before his conviction too. He was a role model before it happened. Life goes on, it has too for all involved with it.

skybluetony176

I know his conviction ffs, but are you aware that the victim, to this day, still don't remember consenting or not?.

What does it matter, get your pitchforks out when he arrives in another team's colours against us.

Which has what to do with his conviction? He was clearly convicted on other evidence then wasn't he? Which I would imagine must mean his conviction is even more water tight as the victims own account would have assisted the perpetrators defense.

skybluetony176

Everyone deserves a second chance in life, that is what prison is for, but the guy has served his time, let him get back to building his own life.

All i put in my first post was that he is a good guy, he's done a lot for charities before his conviction too. He was a role model before it happened. Life goes on, it has too for all involved with it.

Jimmy Saville also did a lot for charity.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

There are seemingly an awful lot of judgemental people on here.
Before getting moralistic on Ched Evans - ask yourself if you are fully aware of all the facts presented in court (I don't mean what you read on twitter or in the newspapers)...& then ask yourself if you'd be happy to sign a new star striker that had been known to have been with prostitutes (Wayne Rooney perhaps) because that will be deemed by many to be immoral...taking advantage of a vulnerable woman desperate for money to survive!
Many will consider it immoral that all these footballers earning in a week 5x more than the vast majority of their audience.
Where do you draw the line?

PUSB

stupot07

We're honestly not going to have this debate again are we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

I know It's a huge generalisation but Ched Evans + Fans of Oldham Athletic = the perfect marriage from my experience . Timewarp up there .

kg82

Jimmy Saville also did a lot for charity.

I think you mean Saville!!

Also, so did Lee Hughes I think? I also remember him saving a little girls life. People make mistakes. Sure they do. It doesn't stop you judging them for things they've been convicted of. That's not small mindedness by the way, that's normal.

Paddy9239

Think there is a bit more to the trial than he pulled a girl and she doesn't remember whether she consented?

Seem to remember something along the lines of a friend Clayton McDonald pulling a girl then texting Ched 'i've got one' before ched turns up and sleeps with the girl his friend met who happens to be drunk out of her skull?

Completely agree with those convicted should have a chance of reform, but not those that show zero remorse and don't apologise?

Wouldn't have him near my club.

covcity4life

No he had sex with an intoxicated women who followed him out of her taxi, into his hotel, all on her own, and consented for sex. But she was so drunk she never remembered any of it. That's her words in court. Jimmy Saville and Ched Evans don't belong in the same sentence.
You're nit picking at best.

Yup. He's a drunk prick no doubt but a rapist? Not for me.

Some people just wanna believe women need saving. It's quite sexist really.

Astute

No he had sex with an intoxicated women who followed him out of her taxi, into his hotel, all on her own, and consented for sex. But she was so drunk she never remembered any of it. That's her words in court. Jimmy Saville and Ched Evans don't belong in the same sentence.

So you know him? So you know what happened that night?

You certainly don't have a clue what happened that night. The woman went back to the hotel room with the other player. He sent a text to Evans saying he had a bit of skirt in the room. Evans got a taxi to the hotel, went to the room and raped her. He didn't go to the room to sleep as his mother lives 10 minutes away. This is why he was found guilty and the other player that she went to the hotel room with was found not guilty.

Let us not forget that this is the same Oldham Athletic who gave a route back into football for the cowardly killer Lee Hughes on his premature release from prison. The club have the morals of a sewer rat.
I hope that Evans receives deserved abuse at each ground that he visits this season.

joemercersaces

There were only three people in that hotel room. Two of them, Evans and his mate, know what happened. The third, the girl, may or may not know. The point is that the jury came to the conclusion that she didn't have the capacity to consent to sex with Evans. It appears that she didn't have a clue what had happened and contacted the police because she woke up in a strange place minus her handbag with no idea how she had got there. Their enquiries revealed that she had come to the hotel with Evans' mate. Interestingly on Evans own website he reveals that he was en route to the local police station in a taxi with his brother and another mate in order to speak up for yet another mate who they thought had been wrongly arrested.

He then got a text from McDonald which said "I've got a bird." Evans had booked the hotel room for him but he wasn't going to stay there. You might think that carrying on to the nick to get his mate released was more important but, again according to his own website, he then instructed the taxi driver to divert to the hotel. He then blagged an extra key by telling the porter that he had paid for the room and his mate wasn't going to use it. He then reckons that as he entered the room both the girl and McDonald ooked at him and the girl agreed he could join in. Seems pretty sordid at the very least given that he had never set eyes on this girl up to that point. Afterwards he left the hotel via the fire exit. He told the police that as a footballer he could have any girl he wanted. A jury decided to give McDonald the benefit of the doubt but not Evans, and, as I say, these facts are from his own website. It's interesting that they are very coy on that website about the text message, saying it was along the lines that Clayton was with a girl. They would know exactly what Clayton sent and Ched received and, according the the reports from court it was "I've got a bird". Why so coy?

SkyBlueSid

Let us not forget that this is the same Oldham Athletic who gave a route back into football for the cowardly killer Lee Hughes on his premature release from prison. The club have the morals of a sewer rat.
I hope that Evans receives deserved abuse at each ground that he visits this season.

I agree with that. Horrible club, Oldham. I remember a couple of their moronic fans posting on GMK, gloating about Hughes and his crimes.

Hughes has been employed by several clubs since Oldham too, including Notts County, Blackpool, Port Vale and now Forest Green. They were all willing to take on someone whose crime was far worse than Evans. Likewise Plymouth re-employed McCormick, again a worse offence than Evans.

So if Oldham (or anyone else) take on Evans, it has to be borne in mind that other clubs have taken on some appalling offenders without the outcry Evans has prompted. I seem to recall we took on Marlon King, whose crimes were many and varied, if not as serious.

rob9872

Would it have got to court if he wasn't famous? Not a nice thing, but from limited knowledge of the case seems harsh to me - particularly as his mate got off. Of course I would think differently if it was to a family member of mine before it's pointed out.

What I do find interesting is the speed at 20000 signatures against in one day compared with their crowds. Most probably don't go so should poll season ticket holders. If it was our apathetic support I bet we could barely muster up a fraction of that based on our sisu protests.

skybluetony176

Would it have got to court if he wasn't famous? Not a nice thing, but from limited knowledge of the case seems harsh to me - particularly as his mate got off. Of course I would think differently if it was to a family member of mine before it's pointed out.

What I do find interesting is the speed at 20000 signatures against in one day compared with their crowds. Most probably don't go so should poll season ticket holders. If it was our apathetic support I bet we could barely muster up a fraction of that based on our sisu protests.

What a stupid thing to say. It got to court on the strength of the case against him.

skybluejelly

How many people posting about Evans have chastised sisu for there appeals in court... He went to the court of appeal and failed... He went to the European court of appeal and failed...he is now at the criminal cases review committee trying to get another appeal......the case against is obviously strong and although he has served his time he should not be allowed back in any profession where kids look up to him..especially while he shows no remorse what so ever

jimmyhillsfanclub

Football fans across the country have signed that petition, not just Oldham fans.

Good......the bloke is clearly a c**t.....football is already overflowing with a vast variety of scummy cunts....lets at least keep this one out of the UK game eh!

If Cheddy wants to play football, may I suggest he fucks off & plays in a Taliban controlled region of Afghanistan where his actions may not be viewed so harshly.....

...and take that doormat moron of a girlfriend with you....

....cunts.

Covstu

It would be treated the same as any but with two major factors:
1) He is famous so it just generally gets more coverage (Having said that the coverage has been more about his new club than the allegations)
2) He has the money to defend it whereas Jo public does not

Covstu

I think football needs to take an ethical stance on this one where is has not chosen to do so in the past, the FL cannot been seen to be supporting this. Having said that there is the obvious risk of further court action based against the FL if they are too vocal on the subject particularly around rehabilitation of offenders etc etc

skybluebeduff

Good......the bloke is clearly a c**t.....football is already overflowing with a vast variety of scummy cunts....lets at least keep this one out of the UK game eh!

If Cheddy wants to play football, may I suggest he fucks off & plays in a Taliban controlled region of Afghanistan where his actions may not be viewed so harshly.....

...and take that doormat moron of a girlfriend with you....

....cunts.

You should say the same about Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick for actually killing innocent people, but each to their own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread