Chris Anderson (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Why are they blaming SISU for players like Vincelot and Martin going? Fleck went to get a silly wage at Sheff Utd.

Also moaning that loans went back?

duffer

He's probably a decent enough bloke, but it's hard to see what's progressed since he's been here. I doubt he'll get a picture on the 'Legends' wall anywhere (if there is one).

Having said that, dealing with Wasps and C.C.C. (and SISU for that matter) on behalf of CCFC isn't a job that I'd much fancy either. Hard to get a straight answer out of any of them.

chiefdave

He's probably a decent enough bloke, but it's hard to see what's progressed since he's been here.
Probably the best thing he did was come in and say he was drawing a line in things and was going to look at all options rather than reciting the new ground mantra. What seems to have then happened is he's been unable to get a deal done to either stay at the Ricoh or keep the academy at the Higgs. My opinion is he can't see any way forward on those issues so has walked.

Sky Blue Kid

He's probably a decent enough bloke, but it's hard to see what's progressed since he's been here. I doubt he'll get a picture on the 'Legends' wall anywhere (if there is one).

Having said that, dealing with Wasps and C.C.C. (and SISU for that matter) on behalf of CCFC isn't a job that I'd much fancy either. Hard to get a straight answer out of any of them.

It's called a "Nick-ism".... A new entry in the Oxford English Dictionary ;)

dongonzalos

No one has lied have they?

Do you think mr Armstrong was aware of court action prior to these talks?

If the club were only ever talking about a temporary deal. Then they didn't go into the talks looking for a long term deal. So that was not true by Mr Anderson.
If the deal colapsed because Wasps wanted a 20 year plus deal and CCFC wanted a 2 year deal with an option. Then Mr Armstrong hadn't told the truth when he said the talks collapse because of the distractions of the legal action.

I can see if that was the reason why it broke down why neither side are actually saying that.
Both of them can still blame the other if that is the case anyway.
Especially CCFC you would think they would say. Not sure why the legal action is suddenly getting mentioned we wanted to extend the but the length of the extension was the issue.

chiefdave

Bit worrying seeing as he probably knows more about the workings of the club than anyone on here

On a lighter note I like the CT spin

From nothing to report to as expected to this has been coming for a while!

martcov

Anderson, in official club announcement: "I came to CCFC to help with the ongoing process of laying the right foundations for the football club on the commercial and football sides. Solid progress has been made on both counts"

Bollocks has it!!!!!

We're bottom of the league ffs! He could have phrased it differently.

dongonzalos

That's the thing. They bought the Ricoh knowing the court action was ongoing. They started negotiations knowing the court action was going on. It sounds as though they never mentioned it to Anderson as being a problem.

Personally I don't believe the legal noise, and that was before Steve B posted that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Totally agree they started negotiations knowning the legal stuff was there.

So KC is saying if
Bit worrying seeing as he probably knows more about the workings of the club than anyone on here

So what does KC mean when he says saying if Chris couldnt get through to SISU you wonder who can, desperate.
I wonder what he thinks SISU should be doing ie what would he have liked Chris to convince them. I always thought KC was quite defensive of their actions.

Sky Blue Kid

So KC is saying if

So what does KC mean when he says saying if Chris couldnt get through to SISU you wonder who can, desperate.
I wonder what he thinks SISU should be doing ie what would he have liked Chris to convince them. I always thought KC was quite defensive of their actions.

After all his SISU apologising, he finally says what he really thinks... Well done KC.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Seemed a decent enough chap and well meaning but totally out of his depth dealing with the other characters, both inside the club ownership structure and externally.

There is a thought that his analysis of the situation and direction was at odds with the objectives of other directors and the owners, that he tried to see it from the clubs point of view whereas the real decision makers within the structure seem to have other priorities. That he was frankly on a hiding to nothing at CCFC

It seems at least in part that the guy was caught in the middle and is a useful scapegoat. Did he achieve much - no, his tenure was one of abject failure - but is that entirely his fault and did he have the power that brings with it the responsibility? I suspect not, that power/responsibility is higher up the food chain.

It is I think unfair to apportion too much of the clubs demise to him, there are I feel more dominant characters who carry, and often dodge, far more responsibility. The problems (other priorities) were there well before Andersen, and still remain with him gone and I find it hard to believe he had any real power to change much.

For me on the face of it the biggest cock up he made was his handling of the Academy situation ................. but I doubt we have the full story on that as yet. One thing he didn't do was pick the team so league position or performance not primarily his fault, that has to lay with manager, squad etc

There is also a thing called joint and several liability for a Board of Directors ............... now TF, MV, LD are left to carry on .................. but who really wields the power and accepts no responsibility?......

Captain Dart

If you are going to resolve things you need free rein to devise your own strategy, I have a feeling he was in a strait jacket from the get go.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Breaking News: "Simon Gilbert in uninformed wanker expose"

Captain Dart

So KC is saying if

I think that means he did his job well and was careful not to bring the club into disrepute despite knowing the real story. Still plenty to come out I fear.

Esoterica

Just a scapegoat for me. Not sure he ever had the power to influence anything. I imagine the Ricoh extension conversation went something like:

Chris: Hi! *big smiley face* I'm Chris, I'm new here! *big smiley face* Fresh face to the table!
Wasps: You might be new but you still work for SISU. We're not talking to you. Now fuck off.
Chris: OK! Bye! *big smiley face*

jimmyhillsfanclub

Thanks for nothing Chris.

It should free up some cash though (assuming he's not been paid hush money) and I'm guessing he was earning the equivalent of at least 3 x league 1 player salaries.....

chiefdave

I think that means he did his job well and was careful not to bring the club into disrepute despite knowing the real story. Still plenty to come out I fear.
Kieran seems to think its related to the Butts move. Were SISU pushing for that and Anderson pushing to stay at the Ricoh?

Captain Dart

Kieran seems to think its related to the Butts move. Were SISU pushing for that and Anderson pushing to stay at the Ricoh?
What SISU want isn't what the football club needs. They are toxic owners.

SkyBlueCRJ

I'm often reluctant to be negative on this forum however there is an issue that seems to keep on recurring and it has done ever since SISU began its feud with the world. No matter who comes in or who goes out in terms of directors the end result is going to be the same; abject failure.

The CCC have refused to work side by side with the club in any capacity as now it sees SISU and CCFC as one. It wants SISU out of the city and now will execute that by any means necessary. Which as we have all noticed is through putting an iron squeeze on the hope that the club will prosper and get out of this black hole we are currently in.

They have done this by kicking us out the Ricoh, standing idly by whilst the Alan Higgs Trust refused to renew the lease on our academy and making sure that Wasps are now at the forefront of Coventry sport. There is little hope of acquiring new land for a stadium build because why on earth would it grant it and allow SISU to stay in the city any longer? It would rather see the club go under than have them run by SISU a day longer and those who think otherwise are in denial.

Therefore the only hope is surviving is on the basis that Wasps will work side by side with us. However it is clear that the CCC are now attempting to make sure that Wasps won't have any business relationship with us. Is it any coincidence that talks to renew our tenure at the Ricoh came to a dramatic halt during the law suit at the start of last season? The CCC clearly have the ear of Wasps otherwise they wouldn't be pawning off all our assets to them and Wasps blindly conforming like a faithful dog. In fact, I remember a statement being put out by a CCC planning officer calling for support and justification on why it would be better for the academy to be in the hands of Wasps instead of us. I can imagine they conveniently left out the fact that over the last 6 years the academy has generated around £7/8 million for CCFC, often saving us from financial ruin. There are plenty of other sites where Wasps could have redeveloped our built a new academy but they happened to choose ours. Did the Alan Higgs Trust and the CCC point Wasps in the right direction? I think almost certainly. I may be coined as a conspiracy theorist by some on here however this is how I see it. The council and various other parties are doing everything in their power to stop SISU and send them back to London and no matter on who is appointed, they just can't stop this rot.

So the question is where do we go from here? With no one refusing to talk it almost seems pointless to make another appointment with Chris Anderson's role, its a complete waste of SISU's resources. With the new Operations Director coming in, experience is what we need. Not only in roles within the Commercial department of a football club but an individual with stadium operations experience alongside. Far too long have we been making strange appointments who have little or no experience in their respective roles. It may be putting a plaster over a bullet wound but experienced heads off the field are just as crucial as experienced heads on it. Stability and sustainability are the key elements of running a football club therefore SISU need to start implementing this if their stay is long term.

It's once again clear that the club and SISU respectively are simply treading water and this cannot last forever. I remember the year we went down to League One and reading about Portsmouth FC's woes off the field and thinking to myself at least we're not as bad as them. In my opinion we're in a worse situation because despite their horrendous debts at least they had assets. Their stadium was being held to ransom by one of their ex-owners but at least he put a price on it, something which the CCC or the Alan Higgs Trust never did with the Ricoh. Our only assets are a few below average players, a bag of balls, a training ground and a couple of corner flags. This rot needs to be halted quickly and I'm hoping that consistency off the field in terms of appointments will help this however currently, I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel as SISU are refusing to sell unless they get a return on their investment.

Although Chris Anderson's short tenure was a failure I wish him all the best in the future. He obviously tried but it was evidently clear that to him it was a lost and didn't want to be at the helm when we eventually sink.

Hobo

Another in the long line of SISU appointments who seemingly achieved nothing. It seems as though he has come to the conclusion he couldn't achieve anything and has left.

There has been so many it seems a pretty insignificant event.

albatross

Just a slight aside, isn't there supposed to be meetings with WASPS and CSF this week? If Andersen is now gone who will be heading these up? or is this yet another diversionary tactic so that we simply forget by being distracted by this convenient loss?

skyblueinBaku

Just a slight aside, isn't there supposed to be meetings with WASPS and CSF this week? If Andersen is now gone who will be heading these up? or is this yet another diversionary tactic so that we simply forget by being distracted by this convenient loss?
I assume it will be TF. That doesn't bode well for a successful meeting.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
you would assume that one of the other directors would attend. Which would be TF or MV.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the meeting were to be delayed because all the "turmoil" CA leaving has caused :banghead:

skyblueinBaku

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the meeting were to be delayed because all the "turmoil" CA leaving has caused :banghead:
You're right, OSB. The door is now wide open for more delaying tactics.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
why is it the Observer article on this has a prominent picture of a Wasp sign?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The CCC have refused to work side by side with the club in any capacity as now it sees SISU and CCFC as one. .

Ever since SISU acquired the CCFC brand they (CCC) have seen it as one there has been no recent change in that

I can think of plenty of ways that CCFC/ SISU as agents for investors are effectively one .................... struggling to think of much that keeps them as separate other than statements in the press by TF. Even that changes depending on which way the wind blows

So open question to everyone what makes CCFC autonomous and separate from SISU control? Who really controls Otium Entertainment group Ltd trading as CCFC?

Last edited:

rupert_bear

We need to unite and get SISU out.

How? I don't know yet, but thoughts need to be pitched, and we need to stick together as a fan base.
You ask how ? The answer cost them money and stick together. I believe we need the Ricoh landlord to maintain their "drop the legals" ultimatum, no ground threat and our value plummet to bugger all. Any Ricoh rental negotiation I bet will be quiet a bit more than it is now and hope sisu are asked for a chunk up front they might look to get out. Just an assumption that but as said costing them hard money might jolt them into pissing off.

Users who are viewing this thread