Chris Anderson (4 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

You ask how ? The answer cost them money and stick together. I believe we need the Ricoh landlord to maintain their "drop the legals" ultimatum, no ground threat and our value plummet to bugger all. Any Ricoh rental negotiation I bet will be quiet a bit more than it is now and hope sisu are asked for a chunk up front they might look to get out. Just an assumption that but as said costing them hard money might jolt them into pissing off.

Yet another statement from you without thinking of the wider consequences or, in fact, trying to empathise with our owners.

Destructive nonsense like this is what ends up with carnage.

Know your enemy and all that.

Nick

Administrator
You ask how ? The answer cost them money and stick together. I believe we need the Ricoh landlord to maintain their "drop the legals" ultimatum, no ground threat and our value plummet to bugger all. Any Ricoh rental negotiation I bet will be quiet a bit more than it is now and hope sisu are asked for a chunk up front they might look to get out. Just an assumption that but as said costing them hard money might jolt them into pissing off.

Am I reading that right? The only party in what you want to happen being damaged is CCFC and not SISU.

Sky Blue Kid

Ever since SISU acquired the CCFC brand they have seen it as one there has been no recent change in that

I can think of plenty of ways that CCFC/ SISU as agents for investors are effectively one .................... struggling to think of much that keeps them as separate other than statements in the press by TF. Even that changes depending on which way the wind blows

So open question to everyone what makes CCFC autonomous and separate from SISU control? Who really controls Otium Entertainment group Ltd trading as CCFC?

I think you, as well as me, and everyone else knows there is no autonomy. SISU. are CCFC. simple as that.

Grendel

If the club were only ever talking about a temporary deal. Then they didn't go into the talks looking for a long term deal. So that was not true by Mr Anderson.
If the deal colapsed because Wasps wanted a 20 year plus deal and CCFC wanted a 2 year deal with an option. Then Mr Armstrong hadn't told the truth when he said the talks collapse because of the distractions of the legal action.

I can see if that was the reason why it broke down why neither side are actually saying that.
Both of them can still blame the other if that is the case anyway.
Especially CCFC you would think they would say. Not sure why the legal action is suddenly getting mentioned we wanted to extend the but the length of the extension was the issue.

No one said the legal action prevented a deal - it was never said in that way. It was carefully worded.

skyblueinBaku

So open question to everyone what makes CCFC autonomous and separate from SISU control?
CCFC are not separate from Sisu control - that's obvious. However, I still see CCFC as a separate entity from Sisu. Surely, in the past, CCFC were not seen as being the same as Richardson, Robinson and the rest of them.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe people are so keen to say CCFC are SISU and vice versa so it seems to make it OK when they fuck CCFC over to try and get at SISU?

Put it this way, if CCFC go tits up will Joy and Tim be living in a cardboard box? If SISU are CCFC then surely if CCFC go bust then SISU will too?

Just a thought.

Captain Dart

Maybe people are so keen to say CCFC are SISU and vice versa so it seems to make it OK when they fuck CCFC over to try and get at SISU?

Put it this way, if CCFC go tits up will Joy and Tim be living in a cardboard box? If SISU are CCFC then surely if CCFC go bust then SISU will too?

Just a thought.

An utterly nonsensical thought.

NorthernWisdom

CCFC are not separate from Sisu control - that's obvious. However, I still see CCFC as a separate entity from Sisu. Surely, in the past, CCFC were not seen as being the same as Richardson, Robinson and the rest of them.

It's more that the entity is responsible to them, though. Like it or not, Robinson weilded control over what happened to CCFC, and now Seppala does the same. Obviously they're not *literally* the same, but the relevant paymasters have aims which may not tally with a football club and, ultimately, the actions will be what's best for the paymasters. If lucky, they coincide.

The difficulty is that the football club ends up collatoral damage. Equally, others' actions won't be what's best for the football club and, if distorted by a wider ideological anger about what the owners are all about, then the club gets caught in the firing line... from all directions, it must be said. Even if truly shoddy custodians, that's what Robinson and SISU have been really (or *should* have been, ratheer than owners!) and it's the consequences once owners bog off that's more concerning. Robinson's actions led to SISU, while SISU's actions will lead to...?

Answer? Same as it has been ever since the beginning:banghead: Other parties may not like what SISU are about but, like it or not, they're the opwners of the club so have to be worked with, and understood. Ditto, SISU may not like council regulation and what *that's* all about, but they need(ed) to work with CCC to strengthen their position, rather than going it alone.

Captain Dart

It's more that the entity is responsible to them, though. Like it or not, Robinson weilded control over what happened to CCFC, and now Seppala does the same. Obviously they're not *literally* the same, but the relevant paymasters have aims which may not tally with a football club and, ultimately, the actions will be what's best for the paymasters. If lucky, they coincide.

The difficulty is that the football club ends up collatoral damage. Equally, others' actions won't be what's best for the football club and, if distorted by a wider ideological anger about what the owners are all about, then the club gets caught in the firing line... from all directions, it must be said. Even if truly shoddy custodians, that's what Robinson and SISU have been really (or *should* have been, ratheer than owners!) and it's the consequences once owners bog off that's more concerning. Robinson's actions led to SISU, while SISU's actions will lead to...?

Answer? Same as it has been ever since the beginning:banghead: Other parties may not like what SISU are about but, like it or not, they're the opwners of the club so have to be worked with, and understood. Ditto, SISU may not like council regulation and what *that's* all about, but they need(ed) to work with CCC to strengthen their position, rather than going it alone.
You get it even if Nick doesn't. LOL.

torchomatic

Us being 24th isn't the fault of our MD neither is us not owning our stadium or losing the academy.

Wouldn't be getting any stick if we were not bottom of the league.

A bit like the SISU OUT chance. Fair enough I know why fans are chanting it, but they weren't doing it when we were top of the league.

Kingokings204

Probably release a new book just on his few months working under sisu alone lol

I would buy it.

Can someone clear it up for me please? What's the BPA deal got anything to do with CA departure as k. Crowley suggests? What's that got to do with it?

Ccfc will never be playing at the butts so I don't understand.

NorthernWisdom

You get it even if Nick doesn't. LOL.

It's where it gets overly simplified though. Turning it around, there's little doubt CCFC have been hurt because other entities... don't like SISU. And *that* harms our profile too, as a city. In that respect, CCFC do have to be treated as a special case... and by both sides really, owners and stakeholders. The club can't just be given everything it wants just because it's a football club (you have to pay attention to who owns it), but nor should it be restricted just because it's owned by a hedge / private equity fund.

The challenge is when you get so many stakeholders and that, in itself, is a fine reason for why clubs should own their grounds. Finding a way the club benefits that coincides with one party is a challenge, but not impossible. As it stands, finding a way the club benefits that coincides with 3+ parties could be well-nigh impossible. You could, incidentally, point out that the Ricoh's existence looks suspiciously like a political move from Robinson, and the very fact Higgs got involved in the first place with CCFC was because there was a Higgs on the board. Impossible to suggest decisions are made indeependently of the dispositions and interests of those making them.

Ultimately though, we have enough evidence (and yes, much is circumstantial) to suggest that things would have been very different had the club board, in the shape of Fisher, Waggot, Anderson (maybe Clarke?) been allowed to agree the deals it wanted, then the here-and-now would have taken different turns. It's the SISU ownership that changes direction, for better or worse.

NorthernWisdom

A bit like the SISU OUT chance. Fair enough I know why fans are chanting it, but they weren't doing it when we were top of the league.

That's actually what frustrates me, mind. SISU were shit owners when we signed Jordan Henderson, they were shit owners before we played Chelsea in the cup, they were shit owners when we had a good start to last season... league form doesn't make owners any better or worse. They're no more shit owners now because we've drawn 0-0 at the weekend!

If SISU had any sense they'd relegate us again so we could win a few matches next season, allow people to say how they'd learned from their mistakes.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

on a superficial legal level yes two different entities............ however you do not have to own a company directly in order to exert significant or full control. OEG acts under the control of SISU Capital Ltd. and as such the reality is that it is very hard to separate the investment aims of SISU Capital from the operational aims of OEG t/a CCFC. I would suggest that all strategy is controlled by SISU, certainly the financial strategy is. No SISU do not control the day to day general operation of the CCFC but SISU do set the limits of that operation, provide the finance, hire & fire the senior management, set the objectives and sign off the budgets, all of which is monitored by them including by having a SISU Capital employee as a Board member.

OEG t/a CCFC being separate to SISU is a legal nicety that is wheeled out when a particular picture is required to be painted or to lower profile for actions taking place, but the reality is the actions of OEG are governed by SISU and therefore autonomy is a myth

Kingokings204

Someone suggested on Twitter that Anderson was pushing for a deal at the Ricoh and sisu want the butts and redevelop it hence the breakdown in relationship but we all know that's not going to happen now. So why CA leave? Still don't get it. Clearly it hasn't worked out which can only be bad news for us fans. Say what you want about Anderson but at least he tried for the fans. He was crap but he tried for us at least. As someone said his hands were probably tied from the beginning.

oldfiver

you would assume that one of the other directors would attend. Which would be TF or MV.

Although it wouldn't surprise me if the meeting were to be delayed because all the "turmoil" CA leaving has caused :banghead:

Turmoil?? CT prints a regurgitated load of items. Was CA so important his going caused turmoil ?
Most on here thought CA the cause of Academy woes so doubt he would have been involved anyway

torchomatic

That's actually what frustrates me, mind. SISU were shit owners when we signed Jordan Henderson, they were shit owners before we played Chelsea in the cup, they were shit owners when we had a good start to last season... league form doesn't make owners any better or worse. They're no more shit owners now because we've drawn 0-0 at the weekend!

If SISU had any sense they'd relegate us again so we could win a few matches next season, allow people to say how they'd learned from their mistakes.

Totally agree, everyone should be chanting SISU OUT even if we're top of the league and winning the Cup Final at Wembley.

dongonzalos

So since 2007
No one said the legal action prevented a deal - it was never said in that way. It was carefully worded.

They said it was creating background noise that led to a halting of the negotiations. The decision by Wasps to halt the negotiations because of this reason.
Nothing about contract length

dongonzalos

So since 2007 anyone know how many different directors, managers and players have we had.
Yet still none of those changes have worked.

skyblueinBaku

OEG t/a CCFC being separate to SISU is a legal nicety that is wheeled out when a particular picture is required to be painted or to lower profile for actions taking place, but the reality is the actions of OEG are governed by SISU and therefore autonomy is a myth
I accept that, OSB, but I don't support Sisu - I support CCFC. That's how I look at it. I can separate the two. It's a pity that those who want to damage or drive out Sisu can only do so by damaging CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
I accept that, OSB, but I don't support Sisu - I support CCFC. That's how I look at it. I can separate the two. It's a pity that those who want to damage or drive out Sisu can only do so by damaging CCFC.

That's the thing, who is cheering any court cases? Nobody goes to games to support SISU.

If CCFC go bust tomorrow, SISU just toddle off back to London.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

I can understand that sbd we each ratify things in our own way and nothing wrong in that. Unfortunately this has become a war between very stubborn generals, who are not afraid to use any weapons available to them and CCFC is a weapon used by both sides suffering and causing collateral damage. The real damage done is to the supporters - without them there is no club

skyblueinBaku

The real damage done is to the supporters - without them there is no club
It's a pity that the warring factions can't see that. Or maybe they can see it but just don't care.

oldfiver

I can understand that sbd we each ratify things in our own way and nothing wrong in that. Unfortunately this has become a war between very stubborn generals, who are not afraid to use any weapons available to them and CCFC is a weapon used by both sides suffering and causing collateral damage. The real damage done is to the supporters - without them there is no club

Not unheard of for Armies to turn on their own Generals !:)

Users who are viewing this thread