City 1-1 Pompey: Ratings & Thoughts (3 Viewers)

Astute

You don't get it do you. The 5 mins added time was because the ball was dead!! We didn't play any extra time. They didn't score from that error.

So it don't matter that more time had to be played at the end of the game when the losing team always throws the kitchen sink at their opponents :D

Astute

No more time was played at the end of the game. It was 90 minutes.

Can you get the dog to explain to you that the players never know how long will be added? They normally go all out for a goal with 5 mins normal time plus stoppages, not try to work out how long will be added and take it from there. We also seem to fall back in defence with 5 mins plus stoppage time when winning.

pusbccfc

I thought we were very very unlucky yesterday.
We played some good stuff at times. Kept it down when possible and looked a threat from corners.

MURPHY 6 - big school boy error got Pompey back in the game.

CYRUS 7 - The lad looks a big threat going forward. Mixture of pace and strength is hard from opposing full backs to deal with.

WOOD 6 - Fairly average.

EDGE 7 - Again fairly solid throughout.

ADAMS 6 - Not sure whether he's a better defender than Reckord. Certainly better going forward.

JENNINGS 8 - Class. What we wanted from him when he signed.

BAILEY - 7 made some nice passes. Again the through balls are what we want from a centre mid.

BAKER 7.5 - I thought he played really well. Made some nice link ups with Cyrus. Some neat flicks. Beat plenty of men. Very unfortunate not to get what would of been goal of the season with his weak foot. If that had gone in. Certainly man of the match

SHEFF 6.5 - Was fairly average bar the goal. No real good crosses, not really involved much.

MOUSSA 6.5 - Decent from Moussa.

McGoldrick 7 - Quiet for his standards. Very unlucky not to get that goal. Was greedy once or twice though.

glamour76

Can you get the dog to explain to you that the players never know how long will be added? They normally go all out for a goal with 5 mins normal time plus stoppages, not try to work out how long will be added and take it from there. We also seem to fall back in defence with 5 mins plus stoppage time when winning.
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.
I think you both have points

I think the thing is when you see 5 minutes go up on the board it gives Portsmouth a real sense of yes we have time to get one back here and gives them an adrenaline boost for the final assault on the goal

Where as oppositely when our players saw 5 minutes go up equalliy it demoralised our player knowing they had to hold out for another 5 minutes

If it is the usual 3 minutes it doesn't affect both sets of players mentality in the same way

Grendel

Because if he did know the rules or eas concentrating on what was happening the officials wouldn't have dithered for so long. Then the game would have ended earlier, not giving Pompey the chance of what seems the usual late goal we let in at home.

Quite simple really.

To be fair Murphy's error if that is what it was (I couldn't see it from my angle) it had nothing to do with the extra time. They scored in the second minute of added time and there were 3 substitutions in the second half.

Grendel

Q3rd min...2:50 to be.precise

But 1 and a half minutes was for substitutions. How many games have you been to that then have 1 minute added time excluding substitutions? 3 to 5 is the norm every game.

dongonzalos

I wonder if he picked it up because he thought it had gone out.

Or did he just panic?

He had a good game and has had a good season.

wingy

He thought it had gone dongon all of us in 18 thought it had so did Edge ,there was a hiatus while they all thought the ref or lino would call it .

Edge should never have rolled it back to him in that position.

dongonzalos

He thought it had gone dongon all of us in 18 thought it had so did Edge ,there was a hiatus while they all thought the ref or lino would call it .

Edge should never have rolled it back to him in that position.

Yes I agree from where I was though I thought Murphy should have been able to see the whole if the ball had not crossed the line.

The edge should have sent it the other way and out for a throw.

dongonzalos

I do think time was added at the end for this and I get satires point. A side one nil down do behave differently in injury time. They go hell for leather.

However that was the refs fault not Murphy.

Astute

But 1 and a half minutes was for substitutions. How many games have you been to that then have 1 minute added time excluding substitutions? 3 to 5 is the norm every game.

And how long extra was played?

I think we could be going places at last. The fans are getting behind our players at last. I have spent a lot of the season defending Murphy. Say one thing against him.....picking the ball up when he should have at least put it safe and suddenly I am blaming him for not winning for no reason :D

As I have said countless times before he is good enough for this division. There is not another GK I would prefer playing for any of our opponents. As long as he keeps learning from his mistakes he will improve.

@richh87

Murphy 6

Christie 7 - gets forward a lot, just wish his ball in was better.

Wood 6 - Fairly solid, but goal was his fault.

Edge 7 - Good performance

Adams 8 - Best player on the pitch first half

Jennings 7.5 - controlled midfield well.

Bailey 8 - Similar performance to Jennings, but created the goal.

Baker 8 - my man of the match. Pretty much everything he tried came off

Moussa 7 - looked a threat.

Macca 7 - rating would be lower if he hadn't taken his goal so well

McGoaldrick 5.5 - anonymous

torchomatic

I thought we were excellent. We passed the ball round well, closed down and should really have got into double figures. Some excellent saves from their keeper. Lino messed up for our "second", but those things happen. We really should have killed them off before then anyway. Shame about the equaliser, but Pompey where obviously given a rocket at HT as they came out fighting after the break, stopped giving us room and passing the ball. Pleased for McSheff, he had a good game and the goal was top drawer.

skybluesteve76

We should of win quite comfortably. Even at one nil I thought we could quite easily see the game out. We are improving massively but need the consistency and concentration for 90 mins.

dongonzalos

The OP is generous in his ratings. In truth we were poor against a veryi poor team. We also spent far too long playing comfortable possession football which may look good but creates nothing.

That why we love football 10 people will watch the same thing. 9 will see it one way, however one always sees the complete opposite :)

Astute

And Grendel keeps stopping me from being that 1 ;)

smileycov

Facebook User
We need 2 wins in the cup and back to winning ways in the league....think we can do it, didn't think i would feel confident about that in Oct!!

Tomh111

Wood on the whole worries me with his lack of a voice. He seemed everyone's logical choice for a captain a CB who has experience, age and has been at the club for a while and yet Robins has given it to others over him which I think says a lot. I have come to the opinion that he isn't vocal enough both on and off the pitch, he seems to just keep his head down rather than taking the lead, how many goals would we not have conceded with a name on the ball and putting it into row z to remove any threat or danger especially early on as him and Edj settle into their pairing and learn each others game.
Dont get me wrong I think he is a good enough player, and is clearly not afraid of sticking his head and body in where it hurts!, but if he pushed himself and took a more senior role he could flourish and become a real force at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread