City fans won't follow the Sky Blues out of the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Got to agree I am also a long standing season ticket holder I will not go to watch city play home games out of the Coventry as a die hard I would be tempted but will not on principle I can understand other who have not got a strong enough will, but we need to show them once and for all to stop fucking with our club :blue:
I've been a ST holder for nearly 30 years and I won't go to a single home game that's played outside the City. Whether the poll is scientific or not it suggests people are at least understanding the significance of the club remaining in Coventry. Any other outcome would probably be the death of the club.

It's not rocket science for the club to contact every season ticket holder by e-mail, phone or otherwise, and ask the straightforward question. No need for a sample poll when the total sample size is relatively small anyway.

OK then let us do a poll on this forum if someone could set it up.

"Would any current SB-Talk season ticket holder be renewing their Season Ticket if CCFC move to another ground next season".

Surely with over 4,000 SB Talk forum members we could get a realistic poll ???

Brighton Sky Blue

"Would any current SB-Talk season ticket holder be renewing their Season Ticket if CCFC move to another ground next season".

There's no way of preventing such a poll being distorted. We all know that the answer is going to be pretty small-an exact number isn't that important.

SkyblueBazza

I don't think it would make a jot of difference. They probably only care about ego & money...supporters? "If we build a successful team - they'll come back...or we'll win new ones" is likely the attitude. Look at MK Dons...they're on the general ascendency. Support will grow with success & time among the locals. They do not really care about those they left behind in South London - SISU would be looking to that as a model I would expect.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd love to know what is considered a 'scientific' poll as it goes. Don't have many of them going in the lab.

Exactly. There have been two polls and the SBT response to Fisher's enquiry and all have returned a resounding "no!" to moving away from Coventry.

I'm just surprised that I haven't made a reference to the Not The Nine o'clock News sketch with "the only good poll is a deed Pole" bit...ah, there it is :)

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't think it would make a jot of difference. They probably only care about ego & money...supporters? "If we build a successful team - they'll come back...or we'll win new ones" is likely the attitude. Look at MK Dons...they're on the general ascendency. Support will grow with success & time among the locals. They do not really care about those they left behind in South London - SISU would be looking to that as a model I would expect.

The very notion that SISU may consider the despicable MK Dons as a "role model" is both terrifying and illuminating..

I don't think the football league would let them do it Bazza. As the CT article points out, Rotherham only moved 4 miles down the road to the Don Valley Stadium and still had to provide a valid excuse and return within 4 years.

"We can't agree rent (They won't let us steal the stadium)" won't stand up.

Noggin

There were 6500 season ticket holders last season so by your calculations we should have had an average crowd of over 20000 not the 11/12000 we had

My Calculations (which were a complete guess anyway just in order to show you had misunderstood the poll and to better explain what it would mean) doesn't show that we should have had an average of 20k at all.

by regular fans I mean fans who go to games every season and probably quite a few, I don't mean people who go every week, The people who go every week are season ticket holders, the rest of the crowd is made up of 15k+ people who go different amounts.

skybluelee

The way they should have approached it was by asking fans to state what category they currently fall into;

a) Never or hardly ever attend
b) Casual attender (less than 10 games per season)
c) Regular attender but not a ST holder
d) ST holder

and ask whether a move away would move them into a different category. That would give the most telling results.

For me, I am currently in b) but would move to a) if we relocate to outside of Coventry.

SkyblueBazza

I don't think the football league would let them do it Bazza. As the CT article points out, Rotherham only moved 4 miles down the road to the Don Valley Stadium and still had to provide a valid excuse and return within 4 years.

"We can't agree rent (They won't let us steal the stadium)" won't stand up.

I hope you're right...but then again those rational thinkers at the top can always be relied upon can't they? They can can't they???

CCFC PimpRail

What, like all the WFC fans who don't travel with their team every other saturday could have saturation football.Or as they're in the same conurbation, maybe a few thousand disgruntled Wolverhampton Wanderers fans may change allegience in protest at the appalling way their club has been run in the Boardroom.:thinking about:

Yeah right- such is the fickleness of football fans. Would you be saying the same thing if another local team came to ground share at the Reek-o...? Let's face it, in the Midlands you either watch your own team, or pay to see quality at West Brom or Villa.

Assuming the attendance will be bolstered by picking up more fans through a groundshare is SISU talk....

SkyblueBazza

Yeah right- such is the fickleness of football fans. Would you be saying the same thing if another local team came to ground share at the Reek-o...? Let's face it, in the Midlands you either watch your own team, or pay to see quality at West Brom or Villa.

Assuming the attendance will be bolstered by picking up more fans through a groundshare is SISU talk....

You mean it doesn't fit with your opinion so I must be a "SISU lover" or mouthpiece or I'm somehow stupid because I have been taken in?...How sad
It is my opinion that the crowds will drop but probably not to the levels that some suggest - partly because of picking up some new fans from the locality of wherever it is we might end up playing.

Brighton Sky Blue

You mean it doesn't fit with your opinion so I must be a "SISU lover" or mouthpiece or I'm somehow stupid because I have been taken in?...How sad
It is my opinion that the crowds will drop but probably not to the levels that some suggest - partly because of picking up some new fans from the locality of wherever it is we might end up playing.

We will still have to pay rent, we still won't get the revenues we're refusing to have cross invoiced over to us, and we'll get none of the car parking or matchday sponsorship which we get in half and in full at present.

NorthernWisdom

tbf who knows what we'd get out of any deal. Plenty of car parking revenue to be had from Nene Park, no other bloody way to get there!

Although I think the club would probably agree it'd be lower gates and revenues than staying at the Ricoh. Their argument would be short term pain, long term gain.

Grendel

tbf who knows what we'd get out of any deal. Plenty of car parking revenue to be had from Nene Park, no other bloody way to get there!

Although I think the club would probably agree it'd be lower gates and revenues than staying at the Ricoh. Their argument would be short term pain, long term gain.

I'm pretty certain league rules state the club has to provide free transport. Is there any parking at nene park?

Brighton Sky Blue

I hope you're playing devil's advocate rather than actually believing that.

Brighton Sky Blue

I hope you're playing devil's advocate rather than actually believing that.

NorthernWisdom

If it were, genuinely, for long term gain it'd be a good thing.

It's been good for Rotherham after all.

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

dongonzalos

If it were, genuinely, for long term gain it'd be a good thing.

It's been good for Rotherham after all.

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

Tomorrow is an illusion suggesting that another chance always exists. It is a dangerously false illusion

tisza

I still don't quite get this.
If they want to play somewhere else don't they have to have a definite plan of returning to Coventry within 3 years?
If so, do they have to have a definite plan of where they intend to build a stadium etc. before the league fixtures are due to come out in a few weeks time?
They can't just say we'll play at the Bescott until ACL fold and give us whatever we want.

psgm1

Banned
WHilst I don't doubt the strength of feeling, bear in mind that this was on the telegraph's website, and there is a fundamental flaw with all these polls. The trols on there sussed out a while ago, you can turn off cookies and make multiple votes!

So the only way to know for sure is to see how many actually turn up!

Telegraph long ago lost any resemblance to what the actual fans think!

SkyblueBazza

WHilst I don't doubt the strength of feeling, bear in mind that this was on the telegraph's website, and there is a fundamental flaw with all these polls. The trols on there sussed out a while ago, you can turn off cookies and make multiple votes!

...& it may not even happen yet.

lordsummerisle

True enough, when there was an online poll in Manchester to discuss naming one of the stands at the City of Manchester Stadium a few years back there was a concerted campaign(which won) by Man Utd fans to vote for Colin Bell.

Just so that Man City could have a Bell End.

Mucca Mad Boys

WHilst I don't doubt the strength of feeling, bear in mind that this was on the telegraph's website, and there is a fundamental flaw with all these polls. The trollson there sussed out a while ago, you can turn off cookies and make multiple votes!

Trolls? Coming from you!? Ha!

Nonleagueherewecome

Do you know any City fans who choose to go and watch top flight Midlands teams ahead of their own club because of the "quality"? Because I don't. I wouldn't consider anybody that does a City fan at all!

Users who are viewing this thread