City sign Loza on loan (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sky Blues sign young Norwich City striker on 28-day loan deal Coventry City have signed young Norwich City striker Jamar Loza on a 28-day youth loan deal.

The 19-year-old, a regular starter for the Canaries' Under 21s setup, joins the Sky Blues squad in time to be eligible for City's League One trip to the Bescot Stadium to face Walsall on Saturday.

The Jamaican-born forward, who will take squad number 21, has netted three times in eight appearances for their Under 21s this season to follow on from 13 goals in 30 games last season.

"Jamar is very quick but he's also very direct and very strong and he's the kind of player that would fit well into our system," City boss Steven Pressley said.

"He's young, he's hungry and he's coming here for the opportunity to get first team experience. He's also coming from a club that promotes a similar approach to style of play so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the current squad."

I thought SP was against the loan system?

I am all for it if it helps bring strength and depth to the squad and helps the great start continue.

And for the first time in ages I trust the footballing side of the club.

stupot07

Perhaps it's with a view to a permanent deal in jan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

friendly_canary

He's a great young player! I went to most of Norwich's games (home and away) when we won the FA Youth cup last year and Loza really impressed me.

He'll do well.

quinn1971

Your right he is dead against loans, but it looks like we haven't got anyone in our own academy who's ready to step up yet . we're using all of ours already

Mrpipes

I would guess mm gets 4 games under his belt elsewhere to improve his fitness , in themeantime we have a premier youngster as cover , makes sense that it was a fit mm we wanted all along , being out of the side he obviously has fitness problems

spwaverley4916

I would guess mm gets 4 games under his belt elsewhere to improve his fitness , in themeantime we have a premier youngster as cover , makes sense that it was a fit mm we wanted all along , being out of the side he obviously has fitness problems

good answer - hope your right as i really rate mm

sw88

Chief Commentator!
does this actually really mean that mansett does not fit in - why put him out on loan and bring someone else in?

Maybe he wanted a replacement in before shipping him out. Our bench is weak enough without having to promote another academy graduate to sit next to the other kids while Manset is playing for another team.

This kid may only be 18, but I'm inclined to trust Pressley on his decision over bringing him in. Ideally he'll be competition for Manset and the other two, but it imaging Manset wants out to get some game time

Woodster

I think it's a clear signal that Manset will be shipped out.

Since the start of the season Pressley seems more and more reluctant to use him - he came on for about 5 minutes on Tuesday and dicked around with the ball and lost it a couple of times, you could see the coaching staff were beside themselves. Can't see that he fits into the high tempo and hard working game we play.

Sorry chaps but flicking between here and admiring Sharon Stones pert breasts on Basic Instinct
:eek: and may have missed something but has Mansett been shipped out already and who to?

ccfc92

13 games in, that comment is unfair, I think Manset was possibly 2nd choice going into the season, but he wasn't fit, so was on the bench and Wilson has been scoring consistently and has forged the most potent partnership in L1, probably the FL, so he's a victim of out success, and what he needs is 1st team experience, what he won't get at the minute at CCFC.

It's a 46 game slugfest and Leon nor Wilson will be available for all of those games Manset will have to be patient and when called upon, has to stake his claim, and let his performances force SP to pick him ahead of either Clarke or Wilson.

after all your posts, this has to be the most sensible and respectable :claping hands: :D

ccfc_Tom

article says weve signed this guy so he can get first team football but cant see him playing with wilson and clarke in this form?

stupot07

article says weve signed this guy so he can get first team football but cant see him playing with wilson and clarke in this form?

He will play first team football....just 5-10 minutes at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

LB87ccfc

He will be a bench impact player and possibly a better alternative than manset at this time, as if need be we can take one off and bring this lad on who will scare teams to death just like wilson with his pace. Good option.

ccfc92

His Norwich colleagues seem to think he will tear this league up. Let's hope so :thinking about:

Astute

13 games in, that comment is unfair, I think Manset was possibly 2nd choice going into the season, but he wasn't fit, so was on the bench and Wilson has been scoring consistently and has forged the most potent partnership in L1, probably the FL, so he's a victim of out success, and what he needs is 1st team experience, what he won't get at the minute at CCFC.

It's a 46 game slugfest and Leon nor Wilson will be available for all of those games Manset will have to be patient and when called upon, has to stake his claim, and let his performances force SP to pick him ahead of either Clarke or Wilson.

I agree with all of this.......but Manset is supposed to be a pro footballer. He came back from closed season unfit. And two months after the start of the season.....which is after pre season friendlies......he is still not fit enough.

Sounds like Eastwood to me. Has the skill but not the dedication.

Bee Sky Bee

How did CCFC pull this one off? Considering your wage bill is already way above your turnover, thus smashing the league rules to bits.

When is your next points deduction due?

Astute

How did CCFC pull this one off? Considering your wage bill is already way above your turnover, thus smashing the league rules to bits.

When is your next points deduction due?

Our wage bill has been vastly reduced. Most of the players we have left are academy players that will be on a low wage. And you don't lose points for being over the FFP limit. You get a transfer embargo. And we are normally under an embargo for other reasons these days so it won't make a lot of difference to us.

Bee Sky Bee

Our wage bill has been vastly reduced. Most of the players we have left are academy players that will be on a low wage. And you don't lose points for being over the FFP limit. You get a transfer embargo. And we are normally under an embargo for other reasons these days so it won't make a lot of difference to us.

The transfer embargo should include loans, then. Farcical.

PS. Vastly reduced wages, still doesn't mean you're living in the real league one world.

Astute

The transfer embargo should include loans, then. Farcical.

PS. Vastly reduced wages, still doesn't mean you're living in the real league one world.

We have been allowed a special dispensation where we get rid of two players and bring one in. Why not take a look at our squad before making the comments you do. And the main reason our income is down is because the FL listened and believed the lies given to them. They also had a hand in false registrations of players. They even checked all other league clubs to make sure we are the only club ran this way. We couldn't even get a team together without our academy lads....and that is without subs. Yet you say it is unfair to other clubs :claping hands:

mark82

Look at all the players Portsmouth signed last year.

Its a young lad on a 28 day loan. I doubt we will be paying any wages.

Users who are viewing this thread