Colchester match thread (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Results over performances.

The Orient game is testament to that.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I am glad we won but Mowbray was hardly upbeat either was he?

Defensively we were ok but against a side that didn't even attack in the first half.

Our keeper was the busiest and without the introduction of Maddison we'd have struggled.

Ward and O Brien worked well in midfield but Barton is still far too lumbering and ponderous and fleck virtually played behind his own goal line.

The two forwards were hopeless.

I agree,but although our two forward are hopeless didnt get much service.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yep obviously over a long period you won't get consistently good results without the necessary level of performance but in current short term goal of avoiding relegation its definitely results first.

Grendel

I agree,but although our two forward are hopeless didnt get much service.

Nouble should be bossing defenses like this one with his strength and experience. Maddison made a difference because he searched for the ball and created space. I think he will be here next season and will do well.

Defence is a problem. Is Johnson worth the risk? Pennington will go. Are we actually going to sign Stokes? We should but who knows.

We are stuck with fleck but I assume even sisu aren't dumb enough to give Barton another deal. Then again.....

Astute

First of all we need to get safe this season ASAP. Then try to secure the signing of TM for next season by giving him a decent enough budget. Let most if not all of the players out of contract go and see what a proper manager can do with his experience and contacts. Then look forward to the start of a season with legitimate expectations for once.

LJC_CCFC

First of all we need to get safe this season ASAP. Then try to secure the signing of TM for next season by giving him a decent enough budget. Let most if not all of the players out of contract go and see what a proper manager can do with his experience and contacts. Then look forward to the start of a season with legitimate expectations for once.

Exactly that, let TM build his squad, implement his philosophy and hopefully this time next year we will be on the brink of something special.

Sky Blue Harry H

Because a PL club will come and snap him up either this summer or next IMO. He's that good and we know how PL clubs like to stockpile players, and they have a bit more money with the tv deal to pay over the odds for young unproven talent. And we have a track record of selling young players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

If we do sell him (ok, maybe when), I hope we have the good sense to make it a demand that we can loan him back for a season to give us a chance of achieving something in a positive direction.

Hobo

Nouble should be bossing defenses like this one with his strength and experience. Maddison made a difference because he searched for the ball and created space. I think he will be here next season and will do well.

Defence is a problem. Is Johnson worth the risk? Pennington will go. Are we actually going to sign Stokes? We should but who knows.

We are stuck with fleck but I assume even sisu aren't dumb enough to give Barton another deal. Then again.....

Nouble just hasn't got the mojo.
Maddison we should develope and not rely on, we could easily destroy him if over played, he shows promise nothing more (he shines because our team is so crap).
If we are to turn things round quickly under TM the acquisition of Pennington, Samuels and Ward is essential....I believe there are some doable deals there especially as a season long loan. Johnson is worth having in the squad as is Fleck, but shouldn't be automatic choices.
Barton, SISU, probably get a 4 year contract!!

Johnnythespider

Nouble just hasn't got the mojo.
Maddison we should develope and not rely on, we could easily destroy him if over played, he shows promise nothing more (he shines because our team is so crap).
If we are to turn things round quickly under TM the acquisition of Pennington, Samuels and Ward is essential....I believe there are some doable deals there especially as a season long loan. Johnson is worth having in the squad as is Fleck, but shouldn't be automatic choices.
Barton, SISU, probably get a 4 year contract!!
So if Barton gets a deal it won't be down to Mowbray ?. If Barton does get a deal I think we have to accept it's because TM wants it, assuming he's still here of course.

I am a preacher when I got it on me, and I got it on me,
but holy cow these fuckers are ignoring me, I'm from another century

wingy

Disappointed with our drumming yesterday
Don't know how but theirs was at least twice the volume of ours
Proper annoying first half

Users who are viewing this thread