Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (6 Viewers)

Otis

Ha ha...being a short ass, it doesn’t take much for things to go over my head!

She’s struggling in the heat to be honest Wingy. When it rained last weekend, she just stood in the garden and literally soaked up the rain!

She’s due 27th Sept...just under 8 weeks to go. Trying to get in as much sleep as possible before then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure you can store it up like a hamster to be quite honest.

smileycov

Facebook User
Pompey fans think they are going up on the back of this signing.
I think this is the turning point for Chaplin to sign in my opinion of course. I don’t follow the negative vibe. Think we have a great squad and I am very confident of a cracking season. Would also like to see bakayoko ( The Walsall lad!!) come in also

tom88

Were all getting excited about Chaplin but is he any good?

I can honestly say I don't know much about him or seen him play..

smileycov

Facebook User
Lol, i think i am excited in the fact MR stated he is almost a carbon copy of Mcnulty, imagine if that is even close to the truth, with Andreu and jones firing it in!!! we could be bloody lethal as an attacking force...shame our defence looks a bit wobbly lol

mark82

I like him. Tons of potential. Think only reason it's not worked for him is that Pompey play a system where the manager believes he doesn't fit. There was a lot of hype around him when he first broke through, just needs a chance.

shmmeee

From the clips I've seen Chaplin is a finisher, you can tell natural finishing talent from a few clips IMO even if you can't tell what they'll be like the other 99% of their game.

Terry_dactyl

I’ve liked him for a while now and have seen him quite a few times. He’s struck me as a player that can make things happen, and knows where the goal is.
However, my Pompey season ticket owning dad doesn’t rate him...hang on. I’m sure ive written this on this thread before?!?! Christ! It’s gone on for so long I’m starting to doubt my mind!!!!

CCFC54321

Would have to think today's signing marks the end of our transfer activity as far as strikers are concerned.
I’d be shocked and very disappointed if we haven’t got a like for like McNulty replacement in by the end of this week.

I’ve said it on another thread the lad that we got from Walsall won’t be a first team regular and more of a cheap ‘possible with potential in the future’ signing. There’s no way that the Walsall lad is the McNulty replacement. I wouldn’t expect him to play half a dozen substitute experiences this season at best.

covcity4life

I’d be shocked and very disappointed if we haven’t got a like for like McNulty replacement in by the end of this week.

I’ve said it on another thread the lad that we got from Walsall won’t be a first team regular and more of a cheap ‘possible with potential in the future’ signing. There’s no way that the Walsall lad is the McNulty replacement. I wouldn’t expect him to play half a dozen substitute experiences this season at best.
He will play more than thay

Brighton Sky Blue

Then prepare to be shocked and very disappointed. I very much want to be wrong but when you read Robins' quotes on today's signing it reads like he expects this guy to be in and around the first team.

higgs

We have serious firepower now with the two new strikers we have got they have the potential to do damage in this division once the team are fully fit and have time to gel. Could be a good season for us we just need to be patient pusb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

junglej13

I think we will still get Chaplin but possibly on loan with a view to a permanent deal later before the end of August. In the current formation Bakayoko would be in the three behind the main striker. One thing I think Robins wants from us is to be able to counter attack quickly. I wouldnt be surprised if we end up being a better side away from home.

djr8369

I think we will still get Chaplin but possibly on loan with a view to a permanent deal later before the end of August. In the current formation Bakayoko would be in the three behind the main striker. One thing I think Robins wants from us is to be able to counter attack quickly. I wouldnt be surprised if we end up being a better side away from home.

So where does that leave Andreu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perryccfc

I don't see Bakayoko as anything more than a squad player to be honest, and i think when he does come on, he will play wide. I think that the signing is more about having strength in depth. I like Shipley but on Saturday he came off the bench to play wide right and it just didn't work. I still feel the Chaplin deal could still happen, just my opinion though of course.

Nick

Administrator
It will probably be a deal like the JCH and the Jones one with a view to buy.

It would give Pompey more time to sort out a replacement if they were trying to get a loan in.

Not sure I'd trust them too much though with the agreement to buy after the loan if he does well.

Users who are viewing this thread