Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (3 Viewers)

Astute

So they won't sell him to us but they will loan him to us when he is in the last year of his contract?

Not only that we are opponents of theirs. Makes no sense to me.

Astute

It will probably be a deal like the JCH and the Jones one with a view to buy.

It would give Pompey more time to sort out a replacement if they were trying to get a loan in.

Not sure I'd trust them too much though with the agreement to buy after the loan if he does well.
But if they want a replacement before he leaves why let him go on loan without a replacement?

Magwitch

So they won't sell him to us but they will loan him to us when he is in the last year of his contract?

Not only that we are opponents of theirs. Makes no sense to me.
If he comes as a loan certain he cannot play against his parent club, also if he comes as a loan I think it can become permenant anytime.

Hobo

Not sure I'd trust them too much though with the agreement to buy after the loan if he does well.

They would be stupid not to because he is out of contract summer 2019 so could just walk away.

Astute

If he comes as a loan certain he cannot play against his parent club, also if he comes as a loan I think it can become permenant anytime.
And we are aiming for promotion just like they are. So why loan him out when they could sell him?

Unless there is a recall clause. Then that would be dodgy for us. He does well.....They call him back.

Liquid Gold

And we are aiming for promotion just like they are. So why loan him out when they could sell him?

Unless there is a recall clause. Then that would be dodgy for us. He does well.....They call him back.
Didn't they do away with recall clauses? Loans are either until January or for the season now.

Nick

Administrator
But if they want a replacement before he leaves why let him go on loan without a replacement?

It gives them more time to scrat around for a loan and then they can hope they can get him off the wage bill

What we should do is say "yeah get a loan in and we will have him on loan with a view to buy" and just let them do it and move the goalposts like they kept doing...

GaryJones

Perhaps we don't actually WANT to buy him at the moment seeing as we have just spent money on Bakarakayoyoooo.
Smart move from MR if we do get him on loan in my view.

Liquid Gold

Robins can be in constant contact with his agent too telling him to reject a contract if we don't manage to pick him up this window then a tribunal fee would be less than for a player under contract. Also there is only a tribunal fee if Portsmouth offer him a contract on improved terms.

GaryJones

Another thing that will come out of this new report of interest - ANOTHER 10 PAGES ON THIS THREAD!

GaryJones

Another thing that will come out of this new report of interest - ANOTHER 10 PAGES ON THIS THREAD!
Make that 25 pages if this goes to the end of the loan window on 31st August!

mark82

Robins can be in constant contact with his agent too telling him to reject a contract if we don't manage to pick him up this window then a tribunal fee would be less than for a player under contract. Also there is only a tribunal fee if Portsmouth offer him a contract on improved terms.

Which I'm sure they would.

Hobo

No he couldn't. He is under 24.

But if he had been loaded to us with an agreement to buy they would struggle to renegade on that. Firstly the 'agreement' to buy would set a president for a tribunal and also he wouldn't have played in 10 per cent of Portsmouths games. So he could argue his career is better served elsewhere. Jacket has stupidly said he is not in his plans. It's all conjecture anyway.

Gibbo

A front duo of Hiwalu and Bakayoko is going to test the pronunciation of the commentators, and we could see this at the weekend

SkyBlueCRJ

Must be happening then. So many strikers, not sure how he's going to keep Hiwalu, Chaplin, JCH, Biamou and Bakayoko all happy!

I'm finding it difficult to believe that either Biamou/JCH will be with us by the end of the loan window because someone isn't going to play if Chaplin/Madden are brought in.

Astute

But if he had been loaded to us with an agreement to buy they would struggle to renegade on that. Firstly the 'agreement' to buy would set a president for a tribunal and also he wouldn't have played in 10 per cent of Portsmouths games. So he could argue his career is better served elsewhere. Jacket has stupidly said he is not in his plans. It's all conjecture anyway.
But that doesn't explain why they would loan him out rather than sell him if they couldn't recall him. If they sold him they would have more money to get a replacement. And it was said that they needed the money to help fund the replacement.

chiefdave

Think he works for free radio doesn't he? Goes to the press conferences etc.
Yep, Free Radio reporter. Would definitely have contacts in the club but doesn't mean he actually knows anyone is coming in and / or isn't on the wind up.

shmmeee

Must be happening then. So many strikers, not sure how he's going to keep Hiwalu, Chaplin, JCH, Biamou and Bakayoko all happy!

I suspect JCH won't be near the team, maybe a loan move. Then 4 strikers for two spots seems about right.

Or were going 433 and have the same problem with with attacking midfielders.

vow

OMG!

Something's happening.......

....I need a poo.

Users who are viewing this thread