Contracts 2023/24 (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Updated as of 1st Feb 2024.

Current contract expiry dates for our pro squad.

S Moore - 2024
O’Hare - 2024
Kelly - 2024

Lusala - 2024
Bell - 2024

Godden - 2025
Rus - 2025
Burroughs - 2025
Howley - 2025
Eghosa- 2025
Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025
Tavares - 2025
Wilson - 2025
Tyler - 2025
Obikwu - 2025
Ryan - 2025

Allen - 2025 +1 yr option

Collins - 2026
Sheaf - 2026
Sakamoto - 2026
I Moore - 2026
Andrews - 2026

Eccles - 2027
Dasilva - 2027
Simms - 2027
Latibeaudiere - 2027
Thomas - 2027
van Ewijk - 2027
Wright - 2027
Kitching - 2027

Torp - 2028
Mason-Clark - 2028

Unknown - guess:
Stretton - 2024
De Trolio - 2025
Perry - 2025

Any corrections/additions welcome

Last edited:

chiefdave

that list for 2023 looks big but there's probably only one or two on there I'd be particularly concerned about losing and I would assume the club have already started the process with those they want to keep around.

But does give us a lot of scope for improving the squad in the next year or two, as always dependent on the finance available.

shmmeee

I think this summer Id bring in a LCB and LWB (plus Palmer) regardless of any further outgoings.

Then in order:

Waghorn + Walker > ST
Kane + Dacosta > RWB
Kelly > CM
Fadz > CB
Rose > CB
Wilson > GK

If anyone comes in for them in their final year, and we have a target, do a deal. Otherwise release and replace next summer.

The kids will sort themselves out. Hoping Eccles and Howley show enough this year for an extension, or even a saving on a new CM/RWB.

TomRad85

Is Kane defo off? Him and Dabo covering RWB seems fine, or a least I don't think it's even close to priority.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

Did this out of my own interest so thought I’d share. Current contract expiry dates for our pro squad. (?) means I couldn’t find a definitive date so have made an assumption (usually that first pro deal is a 2 year + 1 year option).

Wilson - 2023
Kane - 2023
Rose - 2023
Fadz - 2023 (?)
Kelly - 2023
Waghorn - 2023
Walker - 2023
Dacosta - 2023
Tyler - 2023
Bilson - 2023
G Burroughs - 2023 (?)
Rowe - 2023
McGrath - 2023
Eccles - 2023
Howley - 2023 (?)
J Burroughs - 2023
Rus - 2023
Finnegan - 2023
Dinaga - 2023
Bapaga - 2023 (?)
Nee - 2023 (?)

Dabo - 2023 + 1 yr option

Moore - 2024
Hyam - 2024
Reid - 2024
Sheaf - 2024
Hamer - 2024
O’Hare - 2024
Allen - 2024
Godden - 2024
Györkeres - 2024
Tavares - 2024
Cashman - 2024

Bidwell- 2025

Any corrections/additional welcome

Wow next year is a good clear out some deadwood ey. Should try move some of them out now to at least get a bit of coin for them if we can before they leave on a free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've got Dinanga, Rus and J Burroughs as having a +1 option and Hilssner 2023. Also got Tavares as 2023. Alabi should be on there I guess but no idea how long his contract is for.

stevefloyd

that list for 2023 looks big but there's probably only one or two on there I'd be particularly concerned about losing and I would assume the club have already started the process with those they want to keep around.

But does give us a lot of scope for improving the squad in the next year or two, as always dependent on the finance available.
to be honest it wouldn't worry me if any of the 2023 lot went

Hobo

Contracts are always fluid and leap frogging each other. It is a hard balance as you don't want to lose players but also dont want to be tied to a no hoper or a high wage.

The football landscape can be pretty short term. 3 years is a long time in football but not necessarilly in business.

shmmeee

The problem also is that a player on a 3 year contract receives an increase in salary each year

What happened to all the talk of post covid being a new normal for silly salary expectations? Some of the figures bandied around it seems everything is carrying on pretty much as normal, £15k+ for very average players.

Torquay Sky Blue

Josh Eccles. I think Robins is banking on him being a regular when fit. Concerned about this kid. Looks the real deal but obviously fragile. Then again I knew Maddison was quality and thought the same about Bayliss, so what do I know.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Did this out of my own interest so thought I’d share. Current contract expiry dates for our pro squad. (?) means I couldn’t find a definitive date so have made an assumption (usually that first pro deal is a 2 year + 1 year option).

Wilson - 2023
Kane - 2023
Rose - 2023
Fadz - 2023 (?)
Kelly - 2023
Waghorn - 2023
Walker - 2023
Dacosta - 2023
Hilßner - 2023
Tavares - 2023
Tyler - 2023
Bilson - 2023
G Burroughs - 2023 (?)
Rowe - 2023
McGrath - 2023
Eccles - 2023
Howley - 2023 (?)
Finnegan - 2023
Bapaga - 2023 (?)
Nee - 2023 (?)

Rus - 2023 + 1 yr option
Dinaga - 2023 + 1 yr option
J Burroughs - 2023 + 1 yr option
Dabo - 2023 + 1 yr option

Moore - 2024
Hyam - 2024
Reid - 2024
Sheaf - 2024
Hamer - 2024
O’Hare - 2024
Allen - 2024
Godden - 2024
Györkeres - 2024
Cashman - 2024
Costello - 2024
Lusala - 2024

Bidwell- 2025
Palmer - 2025

Alabi - ??? (2024 at a guess)

Any corrections/additional welcome
Bradley Stretton (fyi he’s not a striker as the article states)

shmmeee

Bell (GK) first year pro can also be added, Reeve (CB) but I think he was offered what’s known as a third year scholar

Any idea on length? I was looking for a list of first year pros online for this season and couldn’t find anything.

fernandopartridge

Better days or believer might be able to answer this

Do professional footballers have a model contract, i.e. are the terms and conditions broadly based on some agreed by the PFA, or do they differ drastically from club to club?
I thought it was interesting that they've got a yearly uplift (great, everybody should have this) but wondered whether there was a standard uplift e.g. CPI?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

42 pros on the books, wage bill rumoured to be £17m ish give an average wage just below £8k/week.

When you look at that squad and consider how many are academy kids, is that value for money? Or have I just got skewed expectations about what you get for your money?

SlowerThanPlatt

Out of the 23s on the list I would say Howley will get a new contract in the near future. The rest of them (I include Eccles as first team now) have some work to do this season

SBchimp

shmmeee

That sounds very high, £8k would be more top end than an average.
not sure how close this is 2022-2023 Coventry City FC Player Salaries | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances

OK rather than rumours I went to last years accounts and the figure is just shy of £12m for everyone, and there’s 160 employees. Which changes it significantly.

Let’s say £1m in wages for admin, management, etc. same again for Youth players and coaches and stuff, maybe a bit more say £1.8m to make the maths right. Gives us a first team player budget of £9m over let’s say 40 players. Gives closer to £4K average.

Though that includes the likes of your lads who I doubt are on close to that. So would make more sense.

Question is how much do we need?

We used 16 players for more than 1k minutes last season. Rumours of a normal Championship wage are £10-15k. SBB has talked about Waghorn, Walker and Kelly being on £50k between them, which would suggest maybe closer to £15-20k. Let’s call it £15k/wk for a first team player. 16 x 15k x 52 = just shy of £12.5m. Just for the first team, not even filling the bench.

so we probably need another 10/11 fringe players, these will be a mix of kids and gambles, likely on much less. Let’s say an average of £4K/wk that’s another £2m ish.

And we’ve got 26 out of 160 paid for. Add in management, academy, coaching. And I reckon you’re looking at a minimum cost of entry for the Championship of a £17-20m (12.5 first team, 2 fringe, 2 on management and coaching, 2-3 on the rest of the players).

Ultimately that’s what the club needs to find each year, plus another £4-5m for operating costs and interest payable.

Around £9m in TV rights, another £5m or so in gate receipts I reckon. Leaves us with commercial and player sales having to make up the £7-10m shortfall, and commercial was £2.6m in 2021. This is to put out the sort of squad people are asking for.

Sorry went off on a bit of a tangent there.

shmmeee

For comparison Luton who are supposed to be the ideal fiscally responsible club, we’re only £3m in the black last accounts because they made £9m in player sales. That’s compared to the £1.9m we made the same season.

Add that £7.1m on and we’d have made £2.4m profit so not a million miles away.

KenilworthSkyBlue

OK rather than rumours I went to last years accounts and the figure is just shy of £12m for everyone, and there’s 160 employees. Which changes it significantly.

Let’s say £1m in wages for admin, management, etc. same again for Youth players and coaches and stuff, maybe a bit more say £1.8m to make the maths right. Gives us a first team player budget of £9m over let’s say 40 players. Gives closer to £4K average.

Though that includes the likes of your lads who I doubt are on close to that. So would make more sense.

Question is how much do we need?

We used 16 players for more than 1k minutes last season. Rumours of a normal Championship wage are £10-15k. SBB has talked about Waghorn, Walker and Kelly being on £50k between them, which would suggest maybe closer to £15-20k. Let’s call it £15k/wk for a first team player. 16 x 15k x 52 = just shy of £12.5m. Just for the first team, not even filling the bench.

so we probably need another 10/11 fringe players, these will be a mix of kids and gambles, likely on much less. Let’s say an average of £4K/wk that’s another £2m ish.

And we’ve got 26 out of 160 paid for. Add in management, academy, coaching. And I reckon you’re looking at a minimum cost of entry for the Championship of a £17-20m (12.5 first team, 2 fringe, 2 on management and coaching, 2-3 on the rest of the players).

Ultimately that’s what the club needs to find each year, plus another £4-5m for operating costs and interest payable.

Around £9m in TV rights, another £5m or so in gate receipts I reckon. Leaves us with commercial and player sales having to make up the £7-10m shortfall, and commercial was £2.6m in 2021. This is to put out the sort of squad people are asking for.

Sorry went off on a bit of a tangent there.

I think TV rights for Championship clubs are more in the region of around £7m? Plus games that are televised but that only accounts for £100k for home fixtures and £10k away I believe.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Figure in the accounts is £8.9m for 2021

Hmm interesting. Given Swiss Ramble says Championship clubs usually receive between £7m-£8m a season for TV rights and solidarity payments, that seems slightly high. I know we hosted a number of Sky games that season though so it could've been boosted by that.

Would be interesting to see what was for last season.

Users who are viewing this thread