Contracts 2023/24 (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Hmm interesting. Given Swiss Ramble says Championship clubs usually receive between £7m-£8m a season for TV rights and solidarity payments, that seems slightly high. I know we hosted a number of Sky games that season though so it could've been boosted by that.

Would be interesting to see what was for last season.

It did feel like we were on Sky a lot as the newbies.

shmmeee

Updated.

Only really Rose that I think might get a new deal now, well likely exercise the option for Burroughs, plus maybe a couple of the U23s. I’d keep: Rose, both Burroughs’, Howley, McGrath, Nee and maybe a couple of others I don’t know.

We’ll be down to 15 first teamers before any loans. We’ll have to sell Vik and hamer if they don’t sign new deals. So could be 13 players and a pot of cash. £10m on five quality players at GK, CB, CM, ST and one other probably a CM or AM. Plus three or four loans. Would make us seriously competitive and probably leave you up to £10m spare for running costs the next couple of years.

robbiekeane

Updated.

Only really Rose that I think might get a new deal now, well likely exercise the option for Burroughs, plus maybe a couple of the U23s. I’d keep: Rose, both Burroughs’, Howley, McGrath, Nee and maybe a couple of others I don’t know.

We’ll be down to 15 first teamers before any loans. We’ll have to sell Vik and hamer if they don’t sign new deals. So could be 13 players and a pot of cash. £10m on five quality players at GK, CB, CM, ST and one other probably a CM or AM. Plus three or four loans. Would make us seriously competitive and probably leave you up to £10m spare for running costs the next couple of years.
I dunno man. 5 players for £10m (assuming you mean just fees and the other £10m pays the wages for the few years) means obviously £2m a player on average.

We are going to be hoping for year 1 Hamer/gyokeres/sheaf type signings which won’t be at the level they are now, and for everyone on of them you get a Tyler Walker.

I think it’s the right approach but I think people need to be prepared for an inconsistent first season with probably a lower half finish before we kick into gear as the players develop

slowpoke

I dunno man. 5 players for £10m (assuming you mean just fees and the other £10m pays the wages for the few years) means obviously £2m a player on average.

We are going to be hoping for year 1 Hamer/gyokeres/sheaf type signings which won’t be at the level they are now, and for everyone on of them you get a Tyler Walker.

I think it’s the right approach but I think people need to be prepared for an inconsistent first season with probably a lower half finish before we kick into gear as the players develop
Do you mean as low as we are now with a squad that needs and will be improved.

Grendel

I don’t know if it’s Chinese whispers but a lot of talk around the club yesterday that Ashley is intending to take over

I don’t see the logic of it but this is a fairly consistent opinion

shmmeee

Id be happy with 10 £1m to spread the risk a bit but then you’ve got wage issues. 20+3 loans is a good sized squad. If we were to get many more in we’d be looking at moving on some of those with time left on their contract.

Brighton Sky Blue

Id be happy with 10 £1m to spread the risk a bit but then you’ve got wage issues. 20+3 loans is a good sized squad. If we were to get many more in we’d be looking at moving on some of those with time left on their contract.
If we had somewhere around 20 Championship standard players, including loans, with a few young prospects from within, that'd be good enough for me.

slowpoke

I don’t know if it’s Chinese whispers but a lot of talk around the club yesterday that Ashley is intending to take over

It will be an on going rumour, if he wanted us surely he would have gone the whole hog a few weeks ago, it doesn’t look like sisu were that difficult to get rid of. Admittedly Doug King and where the money is coming from is a bit of a mystery though.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't know why he's chosen to do it this way if this really was his intention. But he did make a serious effort to get Derby + stadium last summer and was after a long term project.

shmmeee

If we had somewhere around 20 Championship standard players, including loans, with a few young prospects from within, that'd be good enough for me.

Id be very happy with:

GK/Wilson
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/CB/CB/Fadz/Rose
CM/CM/Sheaf/Eccles
O’Hare/Allen/Palmer
ST/ST/Godden/Tavares

That’s 22. 10 signings. Rose offered a new deal, Moore, Reid let go, Gus and Vik sold.

Then you’ve got the likes of Howley and other U23s in reserve.

SBT

Id be very happy with:

GK/Wilson
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/CB/CB/Fadz/Rose
CM/CM/Sheaf/Eccles
O’Hare/Allen/Palmer
ST/ST/Godden/Tavares

That’s 22. 10 signings. Rose offered a new deal, Moore, Reid let go, Gus and Vik sold.

Are those players listed in order of priority? If so, that’s a first XI made up of 10 new signings and a guy with a torn ACL!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Id be very happy with:

GK/Wilson
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/CB/CB/Fadz/Rose
CM/CM/Sheaf/Eccles
O’Hare/Allen/Palmer
ST/ST/Godden/Tavares

I think Tavares needs a loan spell away when he gets back, we should look to loan in a striker and sign 2 if Gyok goes, if not 1 loan and 1 permanent

Brighton Sky Blue

Id be very happy with:

GK/Wilson
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/CB/CB/Fadz/Rose
CM/CM/Sheaf/Eccles
O’Hare/Allen/Palmer
ST/ST/Godden/Tavares

Tavares isn't up to even being in the squad, especially after a serious injury. Though I do pretty much agree with the number of signings that would need to be made in any case. O'Hare might well draw serious interest if he recovers fitness by the summer though, and in general I'm not certain how we handle his contract situation.

A combined £15-20 million for Hamer and Gyo gives you quite a bit to play with anyway

shmmeee

I think because of the way we alternate between 1 and 2 strikers you can get away with 3, personally I’d look to still move Allen and Tavares on and get an AM and a ST as well. I can see Bidwell going in the summer too. Could be 12/13 new signings needed.

5 need to be top quality star signings (could be lo, the rest can be frees/gambles/players to progress.

First team squad of:

GK
CB Fadz CB
RWB CM Sheaf Bidwell/LWB
Palmer O’Hare
ST

S: Wilson, Rose/CB, LWB, Eccles/Burroughs, Allen/AM, ST, Godden

Brighton Sky Blue

I think because of the way we alternate between 1 and 2 strikers you can get away with 3, personally I’d look to still move Allen and Tavares on and get an AM and a ST as well. I can see Bidwell going in the summer too. Could be 12/13 new signings needed.

5 need to be top quality star signings (could be lo, the rest can be frees/gambles/players to progress.

First team squad of:

GK
CB Fadz CB
RWB CM Sheaf Bidwell/LWB
Palmer O’Hare
ST

S: Wilson, Rose/CB, LWB, Eccles/Burroughs, Allen/AM, ST, Godden
Also worth considering which are the positions we're willing to invest more cash in.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Tavares isn't up to even being in the squad, especially after a serious injury. Though I do pretty much agree with the number of signings that would need to be made in any case. O'Hare might well draw serious interest if he recovers fitness by the summer though, and in general I'm not certain how we handle his contract situation.

A combined £15-20 million for Hamer and Gyo gives you quite a bit to play with anyway
If that were the combined fee for both I'd be slightly disappointed.

Saddlebrains

We will keep Rose. Decent squad player and hes never attracted major interest lets be honest.

Hopefully Dabo goes, wont be on small wages, along with Kelly, Waghorn, Walker,

Dabo
Kelly
Waghorn
Walker
Dacosta
Bapaga

I would release the lot, can get 2 or 3 very good championship players for them wages combined

slowpoke

Id be very happy with:

GK/Wilson
RWB/Burroughs
LWB/Bidwell
CB/CB/CB/Fadz/Rose
CM/CM/Sheaf/Eccles
O’Hare/Allen/Palmer
ST/ST/Godden/Tavares

Doesn’t what Robins said only last week about building a team around Vik mean anything to you.
And remember a chunk of any Vik fee apparently goes to Brighton.

fatso

I'm sure I read somewhere that MR wants more competition from the u23 squad, with that in mind I think quite a few of them will get released to make room for fresh faces.
That might be the thinking behind us recruiting more talent scouts, and expanding our search areas.

slowpoke

Over the last 12 months we have recruited new coaches at U/18 & 21 level and there’s been a complete rebuild of our scouting network. Been new coaches in the academy network too probably a case of one step at a time but good to see.

blunted

I gather a lot of interest in EFL TV rights from streaming services when the current deal expires. This includes showing games on a Saturday at 3pm. Add in the possibility of the new regulator (jokingly named Offside) forcing the Prem to share more of the money, we may be better off than we think in a few years. Unless everything just inflates.

Calista

I gather a lot of interest in EFL TV rights from streaming services when the current deal expires. This includes showing games on a Saturday at 3pm. Add in the possibility of the new regulator (jokingly named Offside) forcing the Prem to share more of the money, we may be better off than we think in a few years. Unless everything just inflates.
Yes everything just inflates. Same amount of good players available but loads more money sloshing around = higher transfer fees and wages. I bet players from 30 years ago can't believe the money to be made now, and it keeps going up.

fernandopartridge

2011 but didn't start posting regularly for a few years. Like many others probably posted a lot more in the lockdown and have continued to since.

blunted

Yes everything just inflates. Same amount of good players available but loads more money sloshing around = higher transfer fees and wages. I bet players from 30 years ago can't believe the money to be made now, and it keeps going up.
Absolutely. Saw Mickey Gynn a few years back delivering letters and Ernie Hunt window cleaning. Perhaps Ernie's alleged match fixing wasn't that good. Really unfair how little they got out of the game. Mediocre talents now become multi-millionaires.

Users who are viewing this thread