Cov fans fighting eachother (1 Viewer)

CCFCDan87

Anyone else see this yesterday? About 10 mins into the game. Few blokes nicked aswell. Cringeworthy behaviour.

EvansCCFC

alot of fans take football very much to heart ,i do aswel but wouldnt fight over it.
i remember a few years back i was in the telegraph stand and dele adebola scuffed a shot,i said out loud "he is garbage" a big bloke in front took alot of offence to that and started getting aggresive towards me,i had my dad with me as i only go to the match with him,luckily he was there because once the bloke realised there was 2 of us he backed off.
just shows how easy things can escalate over silly things ,especially in football

Tommo72

Anyone else see this yesterday? About 10 mins into the game. Few blokes nicked aswell. Cringeworthy behaviour.
<br />
<br />

No shortage of young wannabes and older lads there yday. There was a handy looking group of 20ish down by the waterfront before the game, it often feels a bit unnerving when you've got kids with you. Did seem to be a lot of lads there yday.

the rumpo kid

happend right in front of me. two old guys bumped (both pissed) into each other, both said sorry one put his hand out the other didnt shake it, first one called second one a c**t wanker ect then they grabbed each other round the necks, very play ground style, then all of a sudden a young guy nothing to do with it, stood right in front of me reach forward and smacked one of the two older ones, totally out of the blue, police took the two older blokes down then copper grabbed the younger guy too, police were stood there with a camera filming the whole thing, then a few others went down the stairs to see what had happen to there mates.

Tommo72

Block nearest to the home fans. Not sure what triggered it. Carried on under the concourse. Agree about the lads comment. We were in the riverbank then south bank loads of tension.

Even in the ground there seemed to be lads just intent on doing anything but watching the football.....beer for u.

Anybody hang around for a drink after?

Ashdown1

happend right in front of me. two old guys bumped (both pissed) into each other, both said sorry one put his hand out the other didnt shake it, first one called second one a c**t wanker ect then they grabbed each other round the necks, very play ground style, then all of a sudden a young guy nothing to do with it, stood right in front of me reach forward and smacked one of the two older ones, totally out of the blue, police took the two older blokes down then copper grabbed the younger guy too, police were stood there with a camera filming the whole thing, then a few others went down the stairs to see what had happen to there mates.

'Two old guys'....................I bet they were only in their 40's !!;)

Macca

Anyone over 40 is old when you are 20. And you will also think those old guys have never done or seen anything in their life

mrtrench

I seldom go to a game - I stopped when we bought Marlon King. I went to Pompey though - first return since the recidivist arrived. Whilst there were no fisticuffs per se, there was plenty of aggressive gesturing. In particular I recall one Portsmouth fan whose first reaction to scoring was to turn to the Coventry end and make rather rude hand signals. Where is the joy in that? He must spend his entire life in miserable negativity and anger.

At half time there were sallow-faced Coventrians defying the 'No Smoking'signs and puffing away in the toilets - blocking the way and stinking out the facilities for people wanting to pee. I looked around me as I went back to my seat - many people looked like exactly the sort I would cross the street toavoid - grey of complexion with sunken-in lifeless eyes.

This isn't how I remember the experience of going to a game. Maybe now I am older and middle-class I have changed. I think it will be a long timebefore I go again.

ThisManHere

There were about ten Cov lads in The Navigation after the game. All got very heated until the Police moved them out of the area.

Nonleagueherewecome

I seldom go to a game - I stopped when we bought Marlon King. I went to Pompey though - first return since the recidivist arrived. Whilst there were no fisticuffs per se, there was plenty of aggressive gesturing. In particular I recall one Portsmouth fan whose first reaction to scoring was to turn to the Coventry end and make rather rude hand signals. Where is the joy in that? He must spend his entire life in miserable negativity and anger.

At half time there were sallow-faced Coventrians defying the 'No Smoking'signs and puffing away in the toilets - blocking the way and stinking out the facilities for people wanting to pee. I looked around me as I went back to my seat - many people looked like exactly the sort I would cross the street toavoid - grey of complexion with sunken-in lifeless eyes.

This isn't how I remember the experience of going to a game. Maybe now I am older and middle-class I have changed. I think it will be a long timebefore I go again.

I can't help but feel that your views on the working classes are pretty much what Osbourn & Cameron are thinking, but can't say!

shropshirecov

That post probably says more about you than it does about the people you seem to look down on.

SkyblueBazza

That post probably says more about you than it does about the people you seem to look down on.

In fairness - I think what he is getting at is the culture of younger people that seems only one thing or the other. The majority seem to have an air of pleasant, reasonable & respectful attitude or alternately simply seem to want to intimidate others & show little respect for anything else. The minority fall somewhere in between. Until as recently as 10yrs ago that still seemed to be the case. Don't know what particularly has changed to affect that other than I've gained 10yrs!

mrtrench

I did not say that I look down on the working class, and neither do I. I said I was middle class - that is not the same thing.

I look down at those who show no respect for anybody else. I look down on people who's first reaction when they score is to be aggressive and sneering toward the opposition fans. I look down on bullies. I look down on two middle-aged men who are drunk and fighting each other over a stumble and a handshake in the middle of the afternoon. These are the same people who cheat society, who are unreasonable, unforgiving, selfish and aggressive on the roads, who show no love, only hatred. And it is my perception that there were many of these people on the terraces at Fratton Park.

And I'm also sure that does say a lot about me. I have no problem with that - it is who I am.

wingy

A seat for mr T in corperate please ............only joking ,BTW ,how do you define Middle Class?

mrtrench

A seat for mr T in corperate please ............only joking ,BTW ,how do you define Middle Class?

Define Middle Class - dunno. don't know how to define working class either, except I used to think I was the latter and now I think I am the former. I read a definition the other day that had if you read novels you are middle class.
But I don't think my problem is with class at all. It's more about respect, peace, love and understanding. What's so funny about that?

hill83

'Class' in this scenario means nothing. You are either a bellend or you aren't.

LastGarrison

Block nearest to the home fans. Not sure what triggered it. Carried on under the concourse. Agree about the lads comment. We were in the riverbank then south bank loads of tension.

Tension in the Southbank?

Just loads of lads on the piss, having a bit of a sing song. Didn't think there was any "tension" at all.

BurbageSkyBlues

It's not about class, just morals and outlook, call it respect or whatever. At the end of the day, how you behave impacts others around you. Unfortunately, as our following has dwindled,it seems the idiots are more noticeable.

Bottom line is, these people are putting off people from attending and enjoying the football matches. For good .

Some of us need to smell the coffee (prefer tea myself :) ), it won't be long before we have no appeal whatsoever - football fans are, in the main, a different bunch of people these days. Society has changed. Failure to accept and to recognise this maybe a little shortsighted.

oakey

Now this is getting political. My mum always said that if you work for a living you are working class. She had no time for snobbery and class distinctions. I might add the Tories whole election strategy has always been on dividing working people (that means 90% of us) into warring factions. Very successful in England, especially the south and midlands. Any opposition would be wise to build a new consensus around my mum's sentiment. Unite the 90% around common interests.

Users who are viewing this thread