Cov fans fighting eachother (1 Viewer)

jas365

It was sit where you want as it is at 90% of away games. Anyone who thinks they can enforce their tickets 2 minutes before kick off is just deluded.

Why were all the others around us sat in their right seats then?
If its sold out and you have a seat number on your ticket you should sit in that seat unless you're told its unreserved seating. We were told by stewards to sit in our designated seat.

Tommo72

If its sold out and you have a seat number on your ticket you should sit in that seat unless you're told its unreserved seating. We were told by stewards to sit in our designated seat.

Unreserved seating is very rare these days. There are always a few muppets that think they can do what they want..

Qwerty70

Well none of us were involved in that one so draw your own conclusions!
Jas
Apologies if I wasn’t clear, I’m aware it wasn’t your group involved @ FGR.
My conclusion is about the other group who I had the absolute displeasure of listening to their racist & homophibic views at @ FGR.
I also suspect they won’t be at all bothered that they have now had two physical confontrations with their own fans on two separate occasions.
I see you group at many away games and I have never seen you involved in anything like the incident today.
I hope you are all okay, particularly the chap who was injured.

Irish Sky Blue

Did you get your seats in the end?

Liquid Gold

Jas
My conclusion is about the other group who I had the absolute displeasure of listening to their racist & homophibic views at @ FGR.
I also suspect they won’t be at all bothered that they have now had two physical confontrations with their own fans on two separate occasions.
I see you group at many away games and I have never seen you involved in anything like the incident today.
It was definitely the same lot from Forest Green.

skybluepm2

Before kick off, the information given by separate stewards was quite contradictory.

One woman told me it was ‘sit where you like’, seconds later a bloke sternly said ‘sit in your seat or you’re out’ (Without provocation I might add). Once it all settled down and the game kicked off, the stewards were fairly laid back and a good craic to be fair.

We were situated down the side of the pitch where bizarrely, there were no advertising hoardings and no barrier between the stand and pitch apart from the walkway.

I didn’t quite understand the whole pitch invasion scenario at full-time, given that Mansfield had also won. Even if we secure a place in the top 7 next week I wouldn’t expect a pitch invasion at the Ricoh.

Tommo72

Before kick off, the information given by separate stewards was quite contradictory.

One woman told me it was ‘sit where you like’, seconds later a bloke sternly said ‘sit in your seat or you’re out’ (Without provocation I might add). Once it all settled down and the game kicked off, the stewards were fairly laid back and a good craic to be fair.

We were situated down the side of the pitch where bizarrely, there were no advertising hoardings and no barrier between the stand and pitch apart from the walkway.

I didn’t quite understand the whole pitch invasion scenario at full-time, given that Mansfield had also won. Even if we secure a place in the top 7 next week I wouldn’t expect a pitch invasion at the Ricoh.

Coventry fans love the pitch.

skybluepm2

Coventry fans love the pitch.

I had to laugh today when a fan ran from the stand behind the goal into our stand and continued to switch stands every time we scored.

How the hell he got away with it I’ll never know.. he cut straight across the pitch!

Terry_dactyl

The most important thing is: what do we do about these racist and homophobic twats? Is there anything you can do without risking getting involved in violence? I've been at away games with my kids and heard stuff like "you weren't born in England..." etc. I haven't taken them since.

I went to watch st Pauli play a couple of years ago. They have a very clear code of conduct for fans. It’s made pretty clear what behaviours won’t be tolerated, they don’t mess about. It seemed that the fans take pride in upholding these beliefs...no racism, no sexism, no homophobia, no bombing, no petting in the deep end etc etc
I have literally no idea how this would be replicated over here...or even if it’d be wanted.

jas365

Jas

Thanks qwerty

Skyblueweeman

All the dregs come out for away games, took my middle lad to a game earlier in the season ( he is 6) couple of clowns smoking behind, and then some 17 yr olds in front, from start to finish were awful.

Agreed. My wife doesn’t want to go again after her experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

As has been said before, unfortunately we seem to have our fair share of idiots. Especially at away games.

It’s a shame when you don’t even feel relaxed amongst your own fans. There seems to be a mindset amongst certain fans that they are ‘well hard’ so they can do what they want. Even in the queue to MK Dons there was a punch up - we weren’t even in the ground. At Brighton, a lad sitting behind us got knocked out cold by another Cov fan seemingly randomly during the game (we only saw the aftermath).

However, we can’t let the few spoil it for the majority. Hopefully these things are reported and the culprits banned from football. There’s no place for violence, racism, homophobia or any of that nonsense. We should all be there for the same reason; to support our team.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

As has been said before, unfortunately we seem to have our fair share of idiots. Especially at away games.

It’s a shame when you don’t even feel relaxed amongst your own fans. There seems to be a mindset amongst certain fans that they are ‘well hard’ so they can do what they want. Even in the queue to MK Dons there was a punch up - we weren’t even in the ground. At Brighton, a lad sitting behind us got knocked out cold by another Cov fan seemingly randomly during the game (we only saw the aftermath).

However, we can’t let the few spoil it for the majority. Hopefully these things are reported and the culprits banned from football. There’s no place for violence, racism, homophobia or any of that nonsense. We should all be there for the same reason; to support our team.

Didn’t you run on the pitch after the second goal?

SkyBlueSid

I went to watch st Pauli play a couple of years ago. They have a very clear code of conduct for fans. It’s made pretty clear what behaviours won’t be tolerated, they don’t mess about. It seemed that the fans take pride in upholding these beliefs...no racism, no sexism, no homophobia, no bombing, no petting in the deep end etc etc
I have literally no idea how this would be replicated over here...or even if it’d be wanted.
Yes, but watching football in Germany is a very different proposition. We went to Hertha Berlin a couple of years ago and there is a complete lack of mindless morons. We drank in the fan park beforehand with home and away fans, people drink inside the stadium during the game, the atmosphere was amazing with 57000 people in the stadium, and no trouble whatsoever.
No wonder there is no prospect of 'safe standing' here. The 'idiot factor' will always prevent it happening.

StevieM

If there was a row of coppers with batons drawn along the front row (or armed soldiers as at most Turkish / Central European matches) then I very much doubt that any one would be silly enough to risk a cracked skull for venturing onto the pitch?
I'm old enough to remember the days of fences being installed specifically put there to stop "fans" encroaching on the pitch and just how much that spoiled the enjoyment of the game it may as well have been a wall distancing the fans from the action.
How do those that do go "over the top" think that the players feel when faced by 100+ half-cut (doped up?) young men running at them at any opportunity - not that I think that those who do so care a jot about that and the resulting effect it can have on the game as we have seen against Notts County and Sheffield Utd to our teams cost?
Same goes for the smoke bombs, would the people that lob them on to the pitch think it was such a good idea if we got a points deduction for doing it or do they even give a shit?
If "fans" can't restrain themselves to stay off the pitch then perhaps the only answer is to put the fences back up, and believe me that would piss every one off?
The pitch belongs to the players - it's their workplace, it should be respected as that, yes go crazy with your mates in the stand if we score that's what we all want to do isn't it?
But if you want to have a run out on the grass then get it out of your system up your local park.

pusbccfc

If there was a row of coppers with batons drawn along the front row (or armed soldiers as at most Turkish / Central European matches) then I very much doubt that any one would be silly enough to risk a cracked skull for venturing onto the pitch?
I'm old enough to remember the days of fences being installed specifically put there to stop "fans" encroaching on the pitch and just how much that spoiled the enjoyment of the game it may as well have been a wall distancing the fans from the action.
How do those that do go "over the top" think that the players feel when faced by 100+ half-cut (doped up?) young men running at them at any opportunity - not that I think that those who do so care a jot about that and the resulting effect it can have on the game as we have seen against Notts County and Sheffield Utd to our teams cost?
Same goes for the smoke bombs, would the people that lob them on to the pitch think it was such a good idea if we got a points deduction for doing it or do they even give a shit?
If "fans" can't restrain themselves to stay off the pitch then perhaps the only answer is to put the fences back up, and believe me that would piss every one off?
The pitch belongs to the players - it's their workplace, it should be respected as that, yes go crazy with your mates in the stand if we score that's what we all want to do isn't it?
But if you want to have a run out on the grass then get it out of your system up your local park.

It is clear that in League 2 fans can get away with a lot more.

The pitch invasions wouldn't and didn't happen higher in the leagues.

Terry_dactyl

Yes, but watching football in Germany is a very different proposition. We went to Hertha Berlin a couple of years ago and there is a complete lack of mindless morons. We drank in the fan park beforehand with home and away fans, people drink inside the stadium during the game, the atmosphere was amazing with 57000 people in the stadium, and no trouble whatsoever.
No wonder there is no prospect of 'safe standing' here. The 'idiot factor' will always prevent it happening.

I have to agree. I think this applies to German society as a whole...basically they don’t behave like arseholes*. I also went to watch Hamburg earlier this year. It was brilliant. Great atmosphere, beers flowing. I’m pretty sure people were having a pint whilst watching the game. It was against Bayern so the Hamburg end was pretty much full of Bayern fans...not a hint of trouble. Essentially I think people are trusted and expected to behave themselves...follow the rules etc etc.
*im sure some people in Germany behave like arseholes on occasions.

The Great Eastern

I have to agree. I think this applies to German society as a whole...basically they don’t behave like arseholes*. I also went to watch Hamburg earlier this year. It was brilliant. Great atmosphere, beers flowing. I’m pretty sure people were having a pint whilst watching the game. It was against Bayern so the Hamburg end was pretty much full of Bayern fans...not a hint of trouble. Essentially I think people are trusted and expected to behave themselves...follow the rules etc etc.
*im sure some people in Germany behave like arseholes on occasions.
I recall the 1974 world cup game played in Hamburg between West Germany & somebody I can't remember. Large sections of the home crowd were chanting at Beckenbaur 'Bayerisch Schwein' simply because he played for Bayern Munich in the South of the country. Heavy stuff. Cant ever recall any similar abuse being thrown at an England player by the England fans based on their place of birth within the country.
I'm here to be corrected of course...
Edited to add that 'Der Kaiser' answered the abuse by aggresively sticking his fingers up at the terraces.

Terry_dactyl

I recall the 1974 world cup game played in Hamburg between West Germany & somebody I can't remember. Large sections of the home crowd were chanting at Beckenbaur 'Bayerisch Schwein' simply because he played for Bayern Munich in the South of the country. Heavy stuff. Cant ever recall any similar abuse being thrown at an England player by the England fans based on their place of birth within the country.
I'm here to be corrected of course...

In Germany I think Bayern are pretty much hated by everyone who doesn’t support them.
When I was a kid we went on holiday to Bavaria a couple of times. The family friend we stayed with was very dismissive of north Germany. She didn’t have animosity She just felt they had nothing in common with the south.
I’m not much of an England fan but I expect sections of fans will give grief to players who play for rival clubs? Although I can’t think of any specifics...

Users who are viewing this thread