COV RFC 2022 - 2023 (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

Sky Blues RFC v Moseley!
I really like the sky blue kit (and it's not the first time they've had a sky blue kit) but I still say it should be the club's traditional red and white hoops change. You need a decent contrast against the blues of Bedford, and the green of Ealing and Nottingham, etc., which under the average shitty rugby floodlights (candles) can be problematic.

oldfiver

I really like the sky blue kit (and it's not the first time they've had a sky blue kit) but I still say it should be the club's traditional red and white hoops change. You need a decent contrast against the blues of Bedford, and the green of Ealing and Nottingham, etc., which under the average shitty rugby floodlights (candles) can be problematic.

I think it is more than a nod of support to CCFC than anything else

Otis

Think of a burglar. They commit a number of offences and end up going to prison. After finally getting parole, they come out a changed man, have learned the error of their ways and are ready to readjust to normal society

That's the way to think of local Wasps fans that are now going to watch Cov.

Covkid1968#

Think of a burglar. They commit a number of offences and end up going to prison. After finally getting parole, they come out a changed man, have learned the error of their ways and are ready to readjust to normal society

That's the way to think of local Wasps fans that are now going to watch Cov.
But without any of the nervous glances back when they have had to pick up a bar of soap in the shower.

wingy

Done good today.
Rank outsiders vs Doncaster, yet won by eight tries to one, and 47-7.
If they could find some kicking boots (six conversions missed) it could have been much nearer 60.
Happy with that.
Doncaster had early Christmas party?
Just being cheeky lol

Grendel

Done good today.
Rank outsiders vs Doncaster, yet won by eight tries to one, and 47-7.
If they could find some kicking boots (six conversions missed) it could have been much nearer 60.
Happy with that.

I went to my first ever game today. It was good fun - surprised how partisan the crowd are actually. Good atmosphere generated and a thumping win

Kneeza

Great result again.
Coasted towards the end.
Yes, poor second half after a very solid first. Mind you, they made lots of changes with most of their better players going off to be replaced, in the main, by youngsters, so it should be measured against that.
Clear water between them and fourth now too, with Bedford losing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, poor second half after a very solid first. Mind you, they made lots of changes with most of their better players going off to be replaced, in the main, by youngsters, so it should be measured against that.
Clear water between them and fourth now too, with Bedford losing.
When is promotion back in play?

Kneeza

Another good result today!
Slightly better than I expected. I was hoping for a 10 to 15 point 5-2 win, so 5-0 is excellent. Nottingham had one weapon in the maul and scored three times from it. Cov scored from all over the park. Even Hamish Smales scored one for us... That pillock usually does all he can to screw us over!

Kneeza

And the bad news...
With the two Leicester scrum-halves being included in the England squad for the Six Nations, it's looking likely that Cov will lose Will Chudley.
Leicester are sniffing around for cover, and Chudleigh is seen as ideal, particularly with his current form in partnership with Pelly in the half-back department.
I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but this came from someone who is definitely ITK.
Bugger.
(Edited to correct spelling).

Last edited:

Kneeza

Maybe the Chudley thing was a red herring after all, but Tigers have signed Sam Wolstenholme (ex Wasps) as cover.
I really hope that's it, but wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for another.
Greedy bstrds.

Kneeza

So close to a win today. 19-19 FT.
19-5 up with a few minutes to play, and undone in the last minute by a bad error (inexperience showing through, sadly) from the young wing James which gave Jersey a lineout on 5m, and resulted in a penalty try.
Ffs.
Ah well.

Kneeza

They'll struggle tomorrow, shorn of Dodds, Brown, and Tyas.
Only good news is the return of Pellegrini.
I'll watch from behind my fingers.

Kneeza

Couple of decent performances and results recently. Naive to suggest they could push harder next year?
There's a decent chance, but much depends on the RFU pillocks making up their minds.
JS has pledged to bung a further substantial sum (can't really say how much on here) to fund it if the stars align.
The West Stand development has also been temporarily shelved (with a temporary seated and standing grandstand mooted for that side) so that may alo free up some cash - so maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread