COV RFC 2022 - 2023 (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

It would be great if those insects get taught a lesson next season and CRFC go up whilst they struggle to compete.
That would just be the icing on the cake.
Wouldn't it just.
Although I'm not sure trying to compete at Prem level without a mega-rich sugar daddy is doable (with the current rfu/prl/cvc rabble in charge at least).
That way lies pain.

pipkin73

Wouldn't it just.
Although I'm not sure trying to compete at Prem level without a mega-rich sugar daddy is doable (with the current rfu/prl/cvc rabble in charge at least).
That way lies pain.
Go up and come straight back down, i don't care. For that 1 season, i would fucking love it.
Newcastle went up and down plenty of times even with a sugar daddy, no matter what JS put's in it won't be a one season build, that's whay he want's to build the infrastructure first.
But the fun we would have that 1 season with insects in Championship and Cov Premiership would just be great and really slap THEM and the COUNCIL in the face.
Imagine if they had ivested (err helped) CCRFC as much as them.

Grendel

Kneeza

Is the stadium big enough?
Not at the moment, but very easily can be made so. It's not far below the interim requirement of 5000 (and I've heard JS quote it at 5000, so maybe he knows something that nobody else does. He owns the club and lease after all).

Grendel

Kneeza

Apparently, the actual reason was no safety certificate available for the 5000 initial requirement.
No idea if that's true, but that's from someone who supports Ealing.

duffer

No doubt Stourbridge will benefit, although it's leaving it late for them to avoid relegation.

I'm not sure the members at Stourbridge will be entirely keen on this rebrand mate.

They're not exactly a big club, but there is a lot of history there. We (Cov) played them in 1880!

This might not be plain sailing for the (wankers) at Atlas, I think they may have jumped the gun a bit with the "Sixways" announcement. Guess we'll soon see...

Kneeza

I'm not sure the members at Stourbridge will be entirely keen on this rebrand mate.

They're not exactly a big club, but there is a lot of history there. We (Cov) played them in 1880!

This might not be plain sailing for the (wankers) at Atlas, I think they may have jumped the gun a bit with the "Sixways" announcement. Guess we'll soon see...

Oh, don't get me wrong. I totally agree that Stour members will probably turn it down.
If not, they fully deserve the shite that'll fall on their heads.
I always liked Stour as a club, and have enjoyed a few games at their ground, and they have Cov links too (currently, and through quite a few player links in the past).
Not so keen on Neil Mitchell though...

Kneeza

Cov didn't apply to be assessed for promotion 'suitability'. Only Ealing and Doncaster did, with Ealing failing on safety more than anything.
Cov could easily hit the target requirement for capacity (5000, which Sharpy claims we have already, quite rightly) but don't fancy committing financial suicide/were realistic in their assessment of squad quality at the start of this season.
I'm fairly certain, from the noises coming from Nick Johnson (in particular) that they will apply for assessment next season (if I'm reading it right) although they're also keeping their powder dry while waiting to see how the Wasps situation develops.

oldfiver

Cov didn't apply to be assessed for promotion 'suitability'. Only Ealing and Doncaster did, with Ealing failing on safety more than anything.
Cov could easily hit the target requirement for capacity (5000, which Sharpy claims we have already, quite rightly) but don't fancy committing financial suicide/were realistic in their assessment of squad quality at the start of this season.
I'm fairly certain, from the noises coming from Nick Johnson (in particular) that they will apply for assessment next season (if I'm reading it right) although they're also keeping their powder dry while waiting to see how the Wasps situation develops.

To get the 5000 target would have involved having the construction completed and obtaining local authority Safety Certificates.

However that is only the start. The 5000 target only lasts for 2023 2024 season. The club would have to show the ground capacity would be 10000 for 2024 2025. That was not envisaged plus it would assume taking top spot in the league.

Kneeza

Absolutely - exactly my point.
However, Nick J is currently working on the expansion plans, so we'll have to see how it pans out.
The requirement is for 5000 capacity, not seats, to clarify. That would be fairly easy to obtain safety certification with some minor mods.
Obviously the 10k follow-on figure is far more onerous.

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Absolutely - exactly my point.
However, Nick J is currently working on the expansion plans, so we'll have to see how it pans out.
The requirement is for 5000 capacity, not seats, to clarify. That would be fairly easy to obtain safety certification with some minor mods.
Obviously the 10k follow-on figure is far more onerous.

Are they still looking to construct a new stand at the railway end of the ground?

Kneeza

Not initially. First step is temporary along the west side (part standing, part seated), followed by the permanent stand and apartments. The next mooted stage is for a hotel at the Butts end, but I'm hearing that this is all in flux at the moment.

SkyBlueSoul

I'm heading down on Friday night seeing as it doesn't clash with the City for once. Does anyone know what counts as a concession? Can't find anything on the website.

oldfiver

I'm heading down on Friday night seeing as it doesn't clash with the City for once. Does anyone know what counts as a concession? Can't find anything on the website.
Give the club a call on 02476231001
There are also advance discounts on certain games
Friday may have reduced prices already
Don't forget it's pay car parking

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

Give the club a call on 02476231001
There are also advance discounts on certain games
Friday may have reduced prices already
Don't forget it's pay car parking
Thanks very much. They do have advanced prices, I'm going to buy before I head down but just wondered if my Mum counts as a senior. We'll be walking from hers in Earlsdon.

SkyBlueSoul

Did the Club help you and have you booked tickets?
I didn't get the chance, Mum was too excited and booked them herself without giving any thought to the fact she might be a concession. I've let her know for next time, part of the reason I'm taking her is because she wants to take my rugby-mad niece at some point and wanted to do a recce first so she can focus on the 6-year old rather than working out where to go.

oldfiver

I didn't get the chance, Mum was too excited and booked them herself without giving any thought to the fact she might be a concession. I've let her know for next time, part of the reason I'm taking her is because she wants to take my rugby-mad niece at some point and wanted to do a recce first so she can focus on the 6-year old rather than working out where to go.

fernandopartridge

To get the 5000 target would have involved having the construction completed and obtaining local authority Safety Certificates.

However that is only the start. The 5000 target only lasts for 2023 2024 season. The club would have to show the ground capacity would be 10000 for 2024 2025. That was not envisaged plus it would assume taking top spot in the league.
That requirement is completely irrational isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread