Coventry and Nuneaton Utd (1 Viewer)

withers

Let's talk to Nuneaton about a subtle (!) change of name, move them to the Ricoh (it is practically in Nuneaton anyway) and work our way up from the conference as a proper fan-owned club. Who's down?

letsallsingtogether

Got to be better then playing away every week
Let's talk to Nuneaton about a subtle (!) change of name, move them to the Ricoh (it is practically in Nuneaton anyway) and work our way up from the conference as a proper fan-owned club. Who's down?

theferret

Nobody.

Why would Nuneaton sacrifice their football club (they wouldn't, and most of their fans hate us anyway), and why would we want them too?

Worst idea since the helicopter ejector seat.

mrbluesky87

I'm just happy with AFC Coventry. In dream land now I know but what about a letter to Red Bull to back a new club as a franchise? I know having looked at that article it was well received but at least we would have money and promotion extremely quickly.

covmark

Another bullshit thread to go with the countless others, didn't realise there were so many whinging drama queens supporting ccfc

quinn1971

Another bullshit thread to go with the countless others, didn't realise there were so many whinging drama queens supporting ccfc

We won't need to . we'll have a great start to the season.Another jpt cup run and we'll be in with a chance of the play offs.people will soon forget who's in charge. So long as there's a team at the ricoh ( which we will be ) they will go and watch . its easy signing a petition . its alot harder actually staying away from games.

Otis

Nobody.

Why would Nuneaton sacrifice their football club (they wouldn't, and most of their fans hate us anyway), and why would we want them too?

Worst idea since the helicopter ejector seat.

I've got one of them.

withers

It'd be the worst hypocrisy of the highest order.

Someone's stealing our football club, so let's steal someone else's to replace it!

Who's advocating stealing a club? It would only work Nuneaton fans agree to it - and what's not to like about being a bigger club playing in bigger ground

Johnnythespider

Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpg

theferret

Who's advocating stealing a club? It would only work Nuneaton fans agree to it - and what's not to like about being a bigger club playing in bigger ground

What? In that case, why haven't they all switched to supporting city already?

Because they're NUNEATON - it is their football club and they are very proud of it. So in short, they would never agree to it.

End of thread. The end. Nothing to see here...

withers

Well if Birmingham City wanted to take over Coventry and play at the Ricoh under the the new name, 'Coventry City' (taking a word in the name from each club) then I'd be all for it...

What? In that case, why haven't they all switched to supporting city already?

Because they're NUNEATON - it is their football club and they are very proud of it. So in short, they would never agree to it.

End of thread. The end. Nothing to see here...

dongonzalos

2 divisions to rise

It would be chicken feed for Mr Haskell

J

Jack Griffin

Depending on the outcome of the judicial review SISU launched against CCC taking over the £14M loan I think the only tactic ACL will have left is to install another team at the Ricoh and call SISU's bluff about building a new stadium.

Damn good publicity, Ricoh wouldn't be unhappy.

dongonzalos

Would be quite a sight to see SISU FC in Walsall with no intention of building a new stadium waiting to be given the Ricoh. Then a football club moves into the Ricoh.

stupot07

errmmmmm.....its not in Nuneaton and will be no longer called nuneaton? You do realise that they only resurrected their club 3-4 years ago after they went into liquidation, do you think they would agree to lose their club our of choice?

lordsummerisle

Depending on the outcome of the judicial review SISU launched against CCC taking over the £14M loan I think the only tactic ACL will have left is to install another team at the Ricoh and call SISU's bluff about building a new stadium.

Even if there was another team to move into the Ricoh, all their fans would refuse to go there.

"Not one more penny", would be the cry and they'd arrange a coach to go down to London to shout at an empty office.

theferret

Here's an idea, we could just stick with Coventry City FC? Just an idea like, it's out there I know, but it could be a goer.

torchomatic

Can I smell hypocrisy?

torchomatic

SISU rent boy puppet.

Here's an idea, we could just stick with Coventry City FC? Just an idea like, it's out there I know, but it could be a goer.

Users who are viewing this thread