Coventry and Nuneaton Utd (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

Maybe not Nuneaton... But what about Hinckley? They are in a complete mess financially. Could be bought out and moved...

In fact any club about to be liquidated could be targeted and MK DONS style moved up to the Ricoh.

lordsummerisle

Maybe not Nuneaton... But what about Hinckley? They are in a complete mess financially. Could be bought out and moved...

In fact any club about to be liquidated could be targeted and MK DONS style moved up to the Ricoh.

Wouldn't be able to hear for the sound of moral backtracking on here though.

I could never see a Nuneaton/ Cov Team taking off the idea is proposterous.

I could however, maybe seeing Nuneaton Town or The Brakes or even Coventry Sphinx asking ACL if the offer of a season 'free' at the Ricoh is still open. :) *

Assuming CCFC don't end up playing there anyway, which, I still think they will.

* I used a smiley here to indicate that I am not really being serious. Generally I don't like using emoticons.

mark82

No way. If you want a new club to play in Coventry we need to start one, not take over another. In my opinion there is enough support for a breakaway club that it may become a reality over the next few months.

Fluffsta

Red Bull Coventry and Nuneaton. I can see us storming up the leagues, take rightful ownership of the Ricoh under chairman Vince Mcmahon and Drago uses his height to head home the winner in the FA Cup final.

Hobo

We won't follow our club if it moves out of the city, so we move a team into ours and call it Coventry Mk2?

No sorry, that isn't on, hypocrisy as someone has already pointed out!

Personally I'm getting fed up with all this, this situation is one of many in recent years that is eroding my love of football. The common theme is excessive amounts of money, debt, transfers, wages, agents, players, attitudes.

The final straw would be left supporting SISU FC nickname 'tax dodgers'

Flying Fokker

The keep getting relegated. Could be on to something.

@richh87

Even if there was another team to move into the Ricoh, all their fans would refuse to go there.

"Not one more penny", would be the cry and they'd arrange a coach to go down to London to shout at an empty office.

How about being upset that your club is dying in front of you. That would be the reaction of someone who cares about CCFC. I'm not sure what you're all about, or that you're with it mentally.

theferret

How about being upset that your club is dying in front of you. That would be the reaction of someone who cares about CCFC. I'm not sure what you're all about, or that you're with it mentally.

The point he is making is clear. Being upset that your club is dying does not excuse killing another club does it? What sort of twisted logic is that?

Start a new club from scratch, fine. It would probably be able to start at a reasonably high level anyway. Destroying a local non-league side with a loyal fan base and proud history for no reason whatsoever is probably the most retarded thing I have ever read on here.

Brighton Sky Blue

The point he is making is clear. Being upset that your club is dying does not excuse killing another club does it? What sort of twisted logic is that?

Start a new club from scratch, fine. It would probably be able to start at a reasonably high level anyway. Destroying a local non-league side with a loyal fan base and proud history for no reason whatsoever is probably the most retarded thing I have ever read on here.

I note nobody has mooted this nonsense to Nuneaton fans, online or otherwise. Perhaps someone should and post the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread