Match Thread Coventry City at AFC Wimbledon Match Thread - Saturday 11th Aug (1 Viewer)

oucho

OK we still need to chalk up a win, but I must say it was a good feeling when i logged onto the BBC Football website on the laptop, looked for our score in the League Two fixture list, got confused as to why I couldn't see our game, then realised why...we're a league higher now! Ha!

Perryccfc

Hardly been a bashing, people have just said he looks off the pace. For me he undermines the whole formation, the job of that 2 in a 4-2-3-1 is to break up play and feed the 3. He didn't too much of the former because he looked too slow and his passing was very loose for much of the game because he has no time on the ball. His best third of the game was the last third when the space opened up. Which bits do you disagree with?

What I disagree with is people saying he's too old, he's too off the pace etc. I didn't see the game today so can't comment but last week he played well. May have just been an off game today, but to write him off 2 games in is a bit premature for me.

JulianDarbyFTW

There was too much hoofball at times. Like some of the young uns were afraid to lose possession and just thwacked it upfield instead. Hopefully their confidence will increase and we'll start keeping it on the floor a bit more over the coming weeks.

Nick

Administrator
What I disagree with is people saying he's too old, he's too off the pace etc. I didn't see the game today so can't comment but last week he played well. May have just been an off game today, but to write him off 2 games in is a bit premature for me.
It was a match thread about today's game though, he was anonymous apart from giving the ball away.

Ashdown

It's difficult to play teams who just punt it, you find yourselves on the back foot defending and then start hoofing it just to get a breather. It's games like this when you need some pacy forwards to keep their back line busy, did we have that today ?

Evo1883

Get grimmer back in the starting 11 first and foremost
Overall very poor today but take the point

Liquid Gold

It was a standard league two game today and Wimbledon dragged it down to that. Hopefully when we click and get fitter we’ll be able to turn over teams like that but we were dragged down to that level. Biamou changed the game when he came on and Tom Davies is an absolute beast, proves Portsmouth reserves are worth chasing.

Garryb80

Good point, I thought that Sterling, Hiwula and Andreu were poor.
Mason and Brown impressed me and the keeper, center halves and defensive midfield held its own. Bayliss probed but had nothing to play with.
Mason was awful bar one cross. Brown defended so much better

GaryJones

Mason played well 1st half.
Game to forget - let’s move on.

GaryJones

Mason played well 1st half.
Game to forget - let’s move on.
I meant 2nd half.
I like him and think he will impress this season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think when Jones is back we need to change formation and go to a 4-1-4-1 or something similar.

Ogogo can play as the 1 with Doyle having a rest. That can then put Bayliss and Andreu behind one of the strikers.

Hiwula, Bakayoko and JCH can fight out the spot for the strikers position. Biamou and Doyle can be used as impact subs.

Sky Blue Pete

None of the strikers will score s hatful with this formation and Doyle slowing stuff down and not playing to feet. Lots to work with. Great to see Davies improving all the time.

I’d play Bayliss and Ogogo in the middle

Perryccfc

It was a match thread about today's game though, he was anonymous apart from giving the ball away.

Yea I have no issue with people highlighting he’s having a bad game, but for such sweeping statements that were being said was harsh considering last week he had a decent game.

DannyThomas_1981

I think when Jones is back we need to change formation and go to a 4-1-4-1 or something similar.

Ogogo can play as the 1 with Doyle having a rest. That can then put Bayliss and Andreu behind one of the strikers.

Hiwula, Bakayoko and JCH can fight out the spot for the strikers position. Biamou and Doyle can be used as impact subs.

I'm mostly with you Earlsdon on this. 2-3 things I really noticed today:

1. Bayliss is our stand out player. He needs to play centrally driving at defenders. He reminds me of a young Jack Wilshire with his technical skills and ability to carry the ball at pace. Or even a young Paul Gascoigne. He really is that good. I can't believe we managed to hold onto him during this transfer window. As soon as Jones returns, we need to move Bayliss to the centre and basically build the formation and team around him.

2. Brown. Looked absolute class. Grimmer spoke about him being the best left back in the division. He will be a very exciting player for us.

3. Biamou. He made a big difference. I don't care what Grendel says. He will be a big player for us. I see Max as way more than an impact sub. The way we are set up currently he needs to start. A front 3 of Allassani, Biamou and Jones would be pretty exciting to watch.

We played much better last week but we showed good character today. We can build on this.

Sick Boy

Come on man!

You didn't see any positives at all? Davies, Hyam, Ogogo, Bayliss and the impact that both Brown and Biamou had on the game?

I must admit that it was a struggle to see half of what was going on but you're clutching at straws for me. Both teams were poor today.

Brown looked good though and MB should have started.

Grendel

Strange robins kept saying his forwards lacked quality. He’s signed them all.

fernandopartridge

None of the strikers will score s hatful with this formation and Doyle slowing stuff down and not playing to feet. Lots to work with. Great to see Davies improving all the time.

I’d play Bayliss and Ogogo in the middle
You'd be wrong, no point having Bayliss playing as a holding midfielder. Kelly back in to win possession back and get Kelly and Andreu on the ball.

djr8369

Who would you see on the left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread