Match Thread Coventry City at Blackpool Match Thread - Tuesday 21st Aug (6 Viewers)

Garryb80

If you shoot straight at the goalkeeper that makes it an easy chance?

Both shots were saved for corners so couldn’t have that been straight forward
So tell me what he offered that deserved a start. Or as i suspect is it just because he is local??

Nick

Administrator
It's weird because the first game or so Mason was putting in some really good crosses. Just head height on the 6 yard line type ones that just need a touch.

Nick

Administrator
I can see him sticking with the starting 11 from Saturday but then using Thomas, Biamou and Shipley as subs again. (Unless willis is out and Davies is back)

Garryb80

You said he missed 3 easy chances..I was replying to that which has turned out to be a random lie. I didn’t say he should start.

Calm down
Not a lie. He missed 3 easy chances in my opinion. Cant claim a lie to back up your faltering argument. Notice you couldn't name any good things he does tho...

Pete in Portugal

So tell me what he offered that deserved a start. Or as i suspect is it just because he is local??

Maybe because Shipley did more in the 16 mins he was on the pitch than Hiwula had done in 36 mins of the second half. Shipley also works harder and provides better cover for Mason. Nothing to do with him being local. If he came from Timbuktu or the planet Zanussi, my opinion would be the same. :)

covcity4life

Shipley missed 1 easy chance and put 2 othets on target to force a save

He did this vs 10 men in closing stages where they had to commit more men forwards

No judgement either way these are just the facts

Grendel

Shipley missed 1 easy chance and put 2 othets on target to force a save

He did this vs 10 men in closing stages where they had to commit more men forwards

No judgement either way these are just the facts

Though no other player did this against 10 men committing forward

covcity4life

Though no other player did this against 10 men committing forward
Valid point. Although would argue Thomas had similar impact just didn't get as many shots off

Fresh legs the biggest factor

Shipley came on vs Scunthorpe and couldn't trap ball. Wouldn't put him in starting 11 just yet but he's talented enough to do well in league 1 inthink

CovInEssex

Come on the boys. I sort of feel this game will be the start of an echo chamber of our season.

I'm not getting carried away, you are.

skyblueinBaku

I think I must have taken. Wrong turn at some point as this doesn’t look like Blackpool pleasure beach.

None the less the sky is blue so we are due to win !
Looks lovely. Where is this?

SkyBlueSoul

No idea why but feeling 2-0 City tonight. We’ll nick one in the first half then add a late one as they push forward.

Just waiting for the train from Preston, getting excited!

shmmeee

Only other time I've used SBT Bookies I bet on virtually every city player as first scorer and we failed to score. So I've just put everything Ive got on Blackpool.

Don't let me down bad luck!

SlowerThanPlatt

When are you replying to my earlier message anyway? Or are you still trying to think of anything useful he did?

I didn’t say anything about him as a player - this is what you’re struggling to understand. If I said he’s a great player and should be starting every week then I would answer that. Let’s go back to what you originally posted, that he missed 3 easy chances which isn’t the case unless you think a player should score 9 times out of 10 from that position. Do you?

Users who are viewing this thread