Match Thread Coventry City at Brighton and Hove Albion Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (6 Viewers)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

If you look at BHA goals scored then you will see that we do not score many. It is improving but the team for Saturday will be different from the teams of late. I think you will do yourself proud and I really don't think a thrashing is on the cards. A narrow win will do me.

I think you’re being generous but it’s great to have someone from an opposition come on here with a decent bit of football knowledge rather than your usual off-the-shelf internet troll!

Looking at Brighton and your past situation, it does give us the faintest of hope that there is maybe a chance we could survive...but most of us realise we’re pretty much already in the coffin. Glad you managed to rebuild and survive though, it must of been desperate at that athletics ground and Gillingham.

Anyway to football, like you, the League is the focus, we (those like me born after 87!) finally had our trip to Wembley to savour last season whereas this season we’re desperate for promotion back to League 1, as appalling as that is to have to say....Hoping for a good day out on Saturday, anything else is a bonus. Hope you have good beers and pies! Pusb

Brighton 1

I think you’re being generous but it’s great to have someone from an opposition come on here with a decent bit of football knowledge rather than your usual off-the-shelf internet troll!

Looking at Brighton and your past situation, it does give us the faintest of hope that there is maybe a chance we could survive...but most of us realise we’re pretty much already in the coffin. Glad you managed to rebuild and survive though, it must of been desperate at that athletics ground and Gillingham.

Anyway to football, like you, the League is the focus, we (those like me born after 87!) finally had our trip to Wembley to savour last season whereas this season we’re desperate for promotion back to League 1, as appalling as that is to have to say....Hoping for a good day out on Saturday, anything else is a bonus. Hope you have good beers and pies! Pusb
You never know, it was desperate for us. When we played at the With ean the council owned the pitch, they charged us a lot to rent the ground and took full profit from the food wagons, useless council, still are.
Our chairman is great, can often be found on the train at away games and in the crowd. A local man who's family have been supporters for many years. So you never know. The chairman financed the ground with no interest on payback and no end date, then came the state of the art train complex.
Anyway you might find this article interesting, and the dream may be on for you one day.
Inside Starlizard: The story of Britain's most successful gambler and the secretive company that helps him win

wingy

You never know, it was desperate for us. When we played at the With ean the council owned the pitch, they charged us a lot to rent the ground and took full profit from the food wagons, useless council, still are.
Our chairman is great, can often be found on the train at away games and in the crowd. A local man who's family have been supporters for many years. So you never know. The chairman financed the ground with no interest on payback and no end date, then came the state of the art train complex.
Anyway you might find this article interesting, and the dream may be on for you one day.
Inside Starlizard: The story of Britain's most successful gambler and the secretive company that helps him win
Dale Evans he certainly ain’t!!

Sbarcher

Bet Victor offering 10/1 for a City win. Got to worth a punt at those odds.

Brighton 1

Nick

Administrator
That is a Brighton radio station and I find the headline disrespectful and it could come back to bite them. I believe it was not many years ago that Coventry were one of the longest serving clubs in the top flight. I am old enough to remember the Coventry of old.

In fairness though, it was years ago and most teams are minnows compared to premier league teams now.

Nick

Administrator
Just 10 years ago we were in League 2 playing on a council pitch with a running track around it. Max capacity 7000.

Yep, and just a couple of years ago you were making losses of 5 times our whole year's turnover without blinking. Times have changed, sadly.

Sky Blue Harry H

Tekkerz (a 10 year old ? you tuber I've never heard of) predicts a 2-1 win for us (predictions v Lawro). Take that and onwards towards Wembley ! (oh well I can dream!)

Sick Boy

Nice but not for me, formal dress, no colours, no bad language just polite applause.

I've got a ticket for the away end but me and another Cov fan got tickets through our work...he couldn't get a ticket in the away end in the end.

lifeskyblue

If we do get them back to the Ricoh I’m sure they won’t fancy the pudding pitch. But they will be too good for us tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton 1

I've got a ticket for the away end but me and another Cov fan got tickets through our work...he couldn't get a ticket in the away end in the end.
Oh I see, tbf it is very frustrating being in any away end and sitting on your hands, so the 1901 would be better.
I think the away concourse is good, normally our club get your local ale in and try to make you welcome. The pies are very good but expensive, 4th dearest in leagues.
We have won award from supporters as best away ground, so I hope you enjoy yourself whatever.
As stated if on train match ticket allows free travel from Haywards Heath, West to Worthing, East to Hastings.

Sick Boy

Oh I see, tbf it is very frustrating being in any away end and sitting on your hands, so the 1901 would be better.
I think the away concourse is good, normally our club get your local ale in and try to make you welcome. The pies are very good but expensive, 4th dearest in leagues.
We have won award from supporters as best away ground, so I hope you enjoy yourself whatever.
As stated if on train match ticket allows free travel from Haywards Heath, West to Worthing, East to Hastings.

I live in Hove and have been in the 1901 against Derby about 4 years ago now. I'd rather we could go in the away end but I'm sure it'll be decent. You'll spot us when our last minute winner goes in :D

withnail

That is a Brighton radio station and I find the headline disrespectful and it could come back to bite them. I believe it was not many years ago that Coventry were one of the longest serving clubs in the top flight. I am old enough to remember the Coventry of old.

I was a student in Brighton (great place, best pubs in the world), when i left in the late 90s Brighton were on the brink of dropping out of the league and Cov were (mostly) holding their own in the Prem. I can remember going to that game when fans from all over country came to a Brighton game to help them out. I remember wishing them well snd thinking they were top flight in the 80s and wondering how it must feel to fall so far all the way to the brink of non leagueand not have a ground of their own...i don’t remember expecting to find out

Mcbean

Hi all.
Just reading through this thread about our match.
Firstly congratulations on your cup run, and we also know about your off field problems, and can sympathise as we have had our fair share of mismanagement ourselves in the past.
I note that most of you are not very optimistic but if we play the same team as in the last round then our goalkeeper and all the back four will not be our normal defence. The midfield will be bench and perhaps one regular, our forward line might include on loan Ulloa, or the new signing Locadia, who is yet to play a game. The bench should be strong though.
We need to stay in the Prem if we can, and personally beating Palace in the last round was sweet enough for us.
The trains on the south coast are not running so many will give the game a miss, and for some reason many BHA season ticket holders, do not go to the cup games.
Most of us that are going do not feel any tension like on our Prem games and can just enjoy the day.
I hope you enjoy your day (though not too much) and if you are staying down I think you will enjoy Brighton.
Are trains running from Lewes to Falmer ? Southern rail seem these are running and free with ticket - BUT
Due to engineering work there are no Southern train services to or from London Victoria on the 18th February 2018 and no direct trains between London and Gatwick Airport or the Sussex Coast on the 25th February, 4th & 11th March 2018

Last edited:

Brighton 1

Are trains running from Lewes to Falmer ? Southern rail seem these are running and free with ticket - BUT
Due to engineering work there are no Southern train services to or from London Victoria on the 18th February 2018 and no direct trains between London and Gatwick Airport or the Sussex Coast on the 25th February, 4th & 11th March 2018
The trains are running between Lewes and Falmer tomorrow

Covstu

Both clubs will or should have one eye on the league but good to have a break from our dismal performances recently. It’s going to be a long day and opted for the car instead of a day on the piss so strictly business only now. Can’t see us getting anything, I predict a workman like performance in the first half but lose a cheap goal then we concede another 2 or 3 in the second half as we try and go for a goal

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember the Brighton of old. There was a player there that always wore a headband - Steve Foster. He was a top player if memory serves me well, and had a handful of games for England.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've got an extremely important question to ask : does the away end at Brighton face the sun in the afternoon ? I would like to wear my sunglasses if so and embarrass my kids. They're really cheap, nasty and make me look ridiculous. And so do my glasses.

Brighton 1

A bit of info that might help.

s.gif

Brighton & Hove Albion welcome Coventry City to the Amex on Saturday for the fifth round of the Emirates FA Cup, kick-off 3pm.

Albion will be looking to reach the quarter-finals of the competition for the first time since 1986, while Coventry City lifted the trophy the following season with a 3-2 win over Tottenham Hotspur at the old Wembley Stadium.

January signings Jurgen Locadia and Leonardo Ulloa are expected to feature, with both strikers looking for their first starts for the Seagulls this season.

Travel update

All supporters are asked to head to the stadium as early as possible regardless of how they are travelling.

Trains: Southern Rail have informed the club that they will be operating a full matchday service. However, there will be bus replacement services between Littlehampton and Brighton due to engineering work throughout the day.

Fans are advised to check Southern’s website before travelling.

Park & Rides: The three sites at Mill Road, the University of Brighton site at Lewes Road and Brighton Racecourse are open from 12pm.

Supporters using the Racecourse Park & Ride are advised to use the entrance off Manor Hill.

Blue badge holders should use the entrance via Freshfield Road. This is to allow vehicles to be parked on the firmer ground at the site.

Car Parks: The Bridge (Car Park B) and Sussex University (Car Park C) have now completely sold out, and there will be no cash sales on the day. Roads around Sussex University are expected to be very busy due to the university holding an Applications day throughout Saturday. Supporters are therefore advised to use public transport wherever possible.

Village Way will be extremely busy and congested, and supporters are advised to avoid this area pre and post-match, unless they have pre-booked parking.

Brighton 1

I've got an extremely important question to ask : does the away end at Brighton face the sun in the afternoon ? I would like to wear my sunglasses if so and embarrass my kids. They're really cheap, nasty and make me look ridiculous. And so do my glasses.
The away end is the South Stand, home North......wear your shades and just look cool. Your supporters are behind the goal, unlike some grounds that put the away fans in the gods or shoved away.

Captain Dart

Let's hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread