Match Thread Coventry City at Oxford United Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Aug (1 Viewer)

Greggs

#risetogether

Grendel

Stop going on about strikers. Its the fucking midfield who are just not competing

I have no confidence that the forward line have ability to convert any chances or hand chances that come their way.

The guy from Huddersfield May do ok as it’s early days but if he’s signed the guy from Walsall as well they need to play together as forwards or one does and ponticelli or clarke Harris get a chance.

Even then the goals for column will be weak

coop

Here's a question. We rip teams to shreds end of last season, and then change the system all because we lost our striker. Why not replace said striker with a like for like and keep the fucking system that rips teams to shreds
Because that's the obvious thing to do,bring in 11 odd player's and haven't got a fucking clue where to play them .MR will say it's another 90 minutes under our belt and we are getting stronger.No we are getting battered by a reserve team.

pipkin73

Keep hearing people say it's the midfield, so do you think things will improve when Kelly is fit and back in the CM?
Our good late form as a team coincided with him hitting top form last season.

Nick

Administrator
I have no confidence that the forward line have ability to convert any chances or hand chances that come their way.

The guy from Huddersfield May do ok as it’s early days but if he’s signed the guy from Walsall as well they need to play together as forwards or one does and ponticelli or clarke Harris get a chance.

There are no chances.. we can't even get the ball into their half for more than 10 seconds because there's no midfield and a scared right back wandering round lost

Nonleagueherewecome

Wouldn't mind seeing a Ponticelli-JCH strike partnership. I think JCH can pick a pass and has good awareness whilst Ponticelli is raw, but a goalscorer, at least.

hill83

Keep hearing people say it's the midfield, so do you think things will improve when Kelly is fit and back in the CM?

Yes. Mainly hoping, but yes.

Greggs

I wonder what quality we could have gotten to replace McNuulty if we'd signed 3-4 players rather than 13-14

Nonleagueherewecome

He is definitely someone who we are missing massively. Hopefully can replicate the partnership he had with Doyle with Ogogo when fit.

Sky Blue Harry H

We will improve (im an optimidt by nature)Yes it's bad at the moment, and it's a shame it's started so soon after the euphoria of last season. MR isn't an idiot though. He won't be enjoying this, but hopefully learning about players and systems.

Nick

Administrator
Bayliss tries too much every time and leaves us wide open

Look how quick Oxford move the ball and get it down the pitch

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Midfield is not balanced, organised or strong enough. Let's not even mention lack of creation because the basics aren't right first.

Sterling? Shouldn't still be on the pitch. Clause in his contract ;)

Strikers? Well one is on the wing.

3 games in so let's not get panicking just yet. At the moment they are proving my concerns to be justified though. Need to sort this shit out.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wouldn't mind seeing a Ponticelli-JCH strike partnership. I think JCH can pick a pass and has good awareness whilst Ponticelli is raw, but a goalscorer, at least.
Sounds like JCH coming on, might be getting my wish. Shame about the midfield....

Grendel

Agreed they look the most likely options.

Nonleagueherewecome

Actually what price Ponticelli being moved out wide now?

fernandopartridge

Yes. Bayliss is great going forward but no good in his own half. He needs two ball winners pushing the team up the pitch

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes right mid
FFS...he comes on up front, looks the most likely goal threat we've had, and he shunts him out wide, a role for which he has no skills? So frustrating.

Nick

Administrator
That then was a perfect example, our free kick by their box became their throw in seconds

higgs

If we get relegated does robin's get the sack or do we keep him for another assault at league 2???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread