Match Thread Coventry City at Oxford United Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Aug (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

If we get relegated does robin's get the sack or do we keep him for another assault at league 2???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bit early yet but he’d get sacked/leave I imagine

Nonleagueherewecome

doesn't dignify a response, which ironically I have done
From the man who needs no introduction, I give you.....ccfcway!

Nonleagueherewecome

How we ended last season I would have thought just replace mcnulty maybe a new left back and a midfielder to help Doyle and Kelly and other than that there wasn't much wrong. All the other changes are unnecessary in my opinion?

Yeah agreed, no neeeeeed.....

Reactions: vow

skybluepm2

I wonder what quality we could have gotten to replace McNuulty if we'd signed 3-4 players rather than 13-14

Or not spent £200k on an out of favour Walsall striker with a poor track record that we didn’t need. Surely that money added to our previous offer could’ve pushed through the deal with Pompey? To me, that would’ve made more sense.

GaryJones

This is a great result - means we can concentrate on the League! :happy:

ccfcway

How we ended last season I would have thought just replace mcnulty maybe a new left back and a midfielder to help Doyle and Kelly and other than that there wasn't much wrong. All the other changes are unnecessary in my opinion?

we have stepped up a division and we need to evolve. It will take time

Nonleagueherewecome

Or not spent £200k on an out of favour Walsall striker with a poor track record that we didn’t need. Surely that money added to our previous offer could’ve pushed through the deal with Pompey? To me, that would’ve made more sense.
We'd never get the thread up to 60 pages that way, though?

Irish Sky Blue

So far we have unluckily lost to Scunthorpe, got a point in our first away league game of the season and look like losing badly tonight. None of the above justifies the completely negative tirade of comments from a lot of people on here tonight. A disappointing start to the season doesn’t mean it will be a poor season. A trawl through last season’s match day threads would reveal many of the same people being completely over the top in a negative way in what turned out to be a promotion season.

capel & collindridge

According to the BBC, Oxford are leading on every metric from Possession to Fouls, but we are leading on Shots on Goal by 4 to 3. And, oh, they are leading on goals scored, 2-0 I think.

Hobo

Oh how ive missed Clive’s commentary

“Oh it’s a red card for Karl Robinson who berates the linesman for an offside decision”........”or is a yellow?”

I don’t know Clive, I was kind of relying on you on this one!!
That's not an embarrassing error though is it? Just trying to workout the situation. I have seen refs with two cards in their hands before showing their decision.

clint van damme

So far we have unluckily lost to Scunthorpe, got a point in our first away league game of the season and look like losing badly tonight. None of the above justifies the completely negative tirade of comments from a lot of people on here tonight. A disappointing start to the season doesn’t mean it will be a poor season. A trawl through last season’s match day threads would reveal many of the same people being completely over the top in a negative way in what turned out to be a promotion season.

I pretty much agree. However, I have to admit to being a little concerned at the way robin's seems to have no idea what his best team or formation is so just appears to be throwing out random selections I the hope 5jat eventually one will work.

Users who are viewing this thread