Match Thread Coventry City - Birmingham City Match Thread - Friday 8th Dec (3 Viewers)

itsabuzzard

Just a litte catch up for anyone who missed this. I caught up wth the previous season before this one.

The climb, season on season, for the seasons City have been back in the Championship, is well worthy of a repost.

View attachment 32638

The bar chart race for the 2022/23 season is below.

Interactive apparently.

Great stuff! That bar chart thing is mesmerising.

fernandopartridge

Speaking to reporters, the former England striker said, "I think some players in there need to grow a pair of balls, basically, because I’m watching what they do in training and the minute there are fans out there they become a different player, a different person. That is football. You are going to have to play in front of fans, wherever you play.
Yes but in training they're playing against their own team

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Philosorapter

Last edited:

Calista

Ive a fucking work do and will miss this game and I love pissing on Birmingham, an irrelevant small time club who have lived in our shadow for over a century. Never think about them but sad to be missing the game. Always check their scores and makes me happy when they are losing.
Wont happen but my team would be:
Wilson
Latabadieure Mcfadzean Binks Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Sakamoto Allen Wright
Simms or Godden

Right now im in two minds who should start between Simms and Godden, id basically pick whoever looks better in training this week and make it clear to both thats what will be the case.
You never think about them but you always check their scores?

BlueSkiesForever

More proof our forwards aren't firing, although I'd say the whole team - including midfield and the defence from set pieces.

I agree that our forwards still aren’t on their A-game but I still think the midfield is to blame for a lot of missed chances. So many times you’d see the ball get to the final third only for the last pass to be a really shit one and either the ball gets intercepted or the striker is then running away from goal making the chance harder to score than it needed to be. If we can put multiple chances on a plate for Simms and Wright then I reckon we’ll beat Birmingham easily.

We need to create chances like Ipswich did against us, quick through ball along the ground, not bobbling around at chest height, give our strikers several of those in a game and I’ve absolutely no doubt we’ll score at least 2 goals per game.

pusbccfc

Blues just tweeted that they have sold out.
Hospitality is also sold out.
Blocks 4/5/11/12/13 closed and 26 POTG so i reckon about 27K.

Will be interesting to see what the West Stand will be like. Apparently sold out but I guarantee it will be half empty in the top tier.

I think they'll open 4/5 at some point.

robbiethemole

Rooney bollocking his players to 'grow a pair', will it work for or against them??? plenty of youngsters in that side might just think 'fuck him'.

edgy

Should be the biggest attendance of the season so far. Night game, local derby, really looking forward to it. Swerved the works Xmas night out for it. These are the nights to get the kids hooked on watching football.

no_loyalty

Should be the biggest attendance of the season so far. Night game, local derby, really looking forward to it. Swerved the works Xmas night out for it. These are the nights to get the kids hooked on watching football.
Same here, have written off £45 for Christmas do at Villa Park.

Users who are viewing this thread