Match Thread Coventry City - Blackburn Rovers Match Thread - Tuesday 8th Aug (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I have never ever booed any City player. Always find it counter productive and probably makes the player more nervous going into the next game he is picked for.

Never going to stop though is it. Just don't get how you can boo a player one minute and then the very next second he scores a goal, cheer him to the rafters.

the thing is with young players it can take time and we should encourage them - Thomas didn't show much for a while, nor did Jones, (and that's just in recent history).

You've got to give youngsters a chance. If Pontecelli gets a run this season you'll have the same idiots on his back if he's not hitting a goal every 2 games ratio - morons.

Nick

Administrator
the thing is with young players it can take time and we should encourage them - Thomas didn't show much for a while, nor did Jones, (and that's just in recent history).

You've got to give youngsters a chance. If Pontecelli gets a run this season you'll have the same idiots on his back if he's not hitting a goal every 2 games ratio - morons.

I was shouting Pontismelly at him because he didn't score last night. I kept farting I was that angry so stopped before I shat myself.

steve82

Biamou is still very raw, I think he hit some form for Sutton in the second half of the season once he'd adapted, this will obviously be the case again stepping up to L2 but last night was against a L1 Blackburn side with championship central defenders.

Naturally he had a poor game, but needs to man up a little. That said I thought he was fouled in the run up to there 1st.

A run of U23 games and sub appearances and checkatrade minutes will help him out and has the guidance of MR.

Still early days

Hobo

We all know football is a confidence game. Even the great players can see form dip if confidence drains away.

So why some of our fans seem to get on the backs of our young players so quickly is beyond me. The squad is still gelling and match fitness still being acquired. I wouldn't start judging any player or the team for another four or five games.

The youngsters coming through, if they put in a good shift it is a bonus. Players develop at different rates, not everyone is a Rooney or Ball and ready at 16.

Mucca Mad Boys

We all know football is a confidence game. Even the great players can see form dip if confidence drains away.

So why some of our fans seem to get on the backs of our young players so quickly is beyond me. The squad is still gelling and match fitness still being acquired. I wouldn't start judging any player or the team for another four or five games.

The youngsters coming through, if they put in a good shift it is a bonus. Players develop at different rates, not everyone is a Rooney or Ball and ready at 16.

Based on the team selection, it is clear Robins didn't pick a team to go out and get a win against Blackburn. So he was using the game to see how our fringe/young players could cope in a competitive fixture. A lot of people have been harsh when giving team ratings. We got beat by a league 1 team with championship quality. The only player who I thought was particularly exposed was Biamou.

stevefloyd

I didn't jeer or boo him ;) , I pointed out in the pre season games he looked too soft also. He did the same in one of the games (MK Dons I think) where he got tackled and then just went down far too easily and then hobbled off so not just the one game.

Hopefully it's something he will improve on.
Lets face it he is French and we all know there philosophy on wars etc

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

This is the leadup to their 1st goal.

View attachment 7856

Should have chucked him a pillow on.

Hopefully it is something Robins will have a word with him about and we can get to see what he can really do aside from be a wuss!
From what I saw [ sitting behind the dugout ] Robins has already had words , when Biamou was substituted , Robins and Biamou were having words . I couldn't hear what was said but it took an age for Biamou to actually sit on the bench .

Adge

From what I saw [ sitting behind the dugout ] Robins has already had words , when Biamou was substituted , Robins and Biamou were having words . I couldn't hear what was said but it took an age for Biamou to actually sit on the bench .
Yeah, seen that aswell. Lots of finger wagging from Robins.

Users who are viewing this thread