Match Thread Coventry City - Boreham Wood Match Thread - Sunday 3rd Dec (1 Viewer)

Otis

Why do pricks like Clem make such a big deal out of that, like the fans just can't be bothered. He knows the problems, why doesn't he have the balls to say it how it is ?! Worried about a lawsuit !?
Yep, didn't mention unpopular owners at all I don't think.

Just seemed to focus on the ridiculousness of us only have 2 thousand on in a 32,000 seater stadium, while Wasps had 22,000 yesterday.

lifeskyblue

Great result. The usual type of game we mess up big time. Get the headlines for once because of a comfortable win rather than humiliating defeat to non leaguers. Let’s hope for plum tie next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duffer

Just seemed to focus on the ridiculousness of us only have 2 thousand on in a 32,000 seater stadium, while Wasps had 22,000 yesterday.

Clem? He's an oaf. Always has been, always will be. The one good thing about Channel 5 getting the football is that I don't have to watch that boorish twat patronise people on his club 'visits'.

letsallsingtogether

Great win glad we are not the talking point this season, so let's get a big team and be the giant killers again......
Home or away who cares.
PUSB

Covstu

Professional job but didn’t think they would harm us to be honest. McNulty looking class, certainly silenced his critics well.

letsallsingtogether

TBF wasps v Tigers is probebly the biggest draw in RFU at the moment.
Can we say the same about CCFC v Boreham wood.
Let' get a prem club, villa or Brum and I'm sure we would smash the 22,000 from yesterday.

better days

Funny you should say that at least 2-3000 ST holders stayed away today.
The collapse in attendances at FA cup games dates back directly to the time when clubs withdrew the cup games from inclusion in the season ticket price
Most clubs included the first three cup ties (FA and League cups) until greedy clubs from the top division took them away
The other divisions gradually followed their shameful example

Captain Dart

Speedies_Chips

The collapse in attendances at FA cup games dates back directly to the time when clubs withdrew the cup games from inclusion in the season ticket price
Most clubs included the first three cup ties (FA and League cups) until greedy clubs from the top division took them away
The other divisions gradually followed their shameful example

When was that then? I cannot recall a time when an ST included FA Cup games, and I'm an old 'un.

RegTheDonk

When was that then? I cannot recall a time when an ST included FA Cup games, and I'm an old 'un.
Seem to remember you had a Vouchers, cup A, cup B etc, but I was only a kid so don't know if they were to use to get into the game or exchange with cash for a ticket?

better days

I think it was Chelsea under Ken Bates who started it. Third round ties always attracted really big crowds when the season ticket holders had the game included
One or two clubs who charge over £1000 for season tickets have started to include a small number of cup games
Arsenal for example but this includes the early European group matches

Otis

Seem to remember you had a Vouchers, cup A, cup B etc, but I was only a kid so don't know if they were to use to get into the game or exchange with cash for a ticket?
Yeah, you had vouchers, but the way it worked was if you played Arsenal, or Aldershot or Aston Villa you would use voucher A. If you played a team beginning with the letter B (Bradford, Brighton, Bristol, Birmingham, Bournemouth etc.) you would use voucher B and so on. So, alphabetical voucher to match opponent name.

If you used voucher C it would mean we had been drawn against those c**ts from up the other end of the M69.

Last edited:

better days

First 2 or 3 were usually free entry with the appropriate voucher then if we progressed other nominated vouchers entitled you to buy a ticket in advance before general sale

itsabuzzard

Yeah, you had vouchers, but the way it worked was if you played Arsenal, or Aldershot or Aston Villa you would use voucher A. If you played a team beginning with the letter B (Bradford, Brighton, Bristol, Birmingham, Bournemouth etc.) you would use voucher B and so on. So, alphabetical voucher to match opponent name.

If you used voucher C it would mean we had been drawn against those c**ts from up the other end of the M69.
I thought the filter didn't asterisk the plural?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

No you called 2000 plus ST holders out, there is a difference
Utter bollox you said crawling back to a post about 2800 fans. That includes ST Holders.
I have no problem with people coming back to watch big games, I never went today due to family commitments wouldn't have gone if it was on saturday due to work.
So as I am not a st holder and didn't go today Does that mean I will be crawling back no because I will walk up to next game.

stevefloyd

Technically outstabsing goal from mcnulty. Getting confodence back

Biamou led line well. Took a lot of knocks. Refs dont referree properly ehen non league teams are in ewuation. Has cauliflower ear

Shipley been working on arriving into box to get goals

Used boreham wood chaormens comments as motivation

Next round want anyone at home

Will tey to use prize money in jan
Dyslexic Dicks back

Adge

Great result. The usual type of game we mess up big time. Get the headlines for once because of a comfortable win rather than humiliating defeat to non leaguers. Let’s hope for plum tie next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoping for an apple or a grape instead of a plum tie!

Users who are viewing this thread