Match Thread Coventry City - Boreham Wood Match Thread - Sunday 3rd Dec (1 Viewer)

Otis

Hoping for an apple or a grape instead of a plum tie!
I quite like this one myself, but would save it until Wembley (and then give it to someone else when I realise I can't go)

219830-540-800-0.jpg

Covstu

Utter bollox you said crawling back to a post about 2800 fans. That includes ST Holders.
I have no problem with people coming back to watch big games, I never went today due to family commitments wouldn't have gone if it was on saturday due to work.
So as I am not a st holder and didn't go today Does that mean I will be crawling back no because I will walk up to next game.
Shame you missed a good game, maybe next round

Ricketts

I thought Jordon Willis had a very good game yesterday, MotM for me.

Also Lee Burge was very good, made some saves look easy. The one in the second lf when it looked destined for the far corner you cooley caught it. According to the two clowns sitting behind me it was a regulation save and he could have saved that one. A lesson to me to buy my own seat for the cup matches, I keep forgetting.

Also a penalty for the kick on Shipley. Even though he still got his cross across it shouldnt make any difference.

I thought the refereee was very poor, and their number five seems to have balance issues.

Nick

Administrator
The ref was awful, the clear stamps on Biamou while he was on the floor on his head were embarrassing. He strolls over like nothing has happened and gives a free kick their way.

better days

The ref was awful, the clear stamps on Biamou while he was on the floor on his head were embarrassing. He strolls over like nothing has happened and gives a free kick their way.
They were bullies trying to intimidate us
But it didn't work as our kids are a year older and we have some tough bastards in the team this year

Nick

Administrator
I can understand trying to bully, but when everybody in the ground sees their player stamp on Biamou a couple of times and the ref and his assistants somehow miss it then something is a bit wrong.

It was the typical thing though, they gave it the elbows and kicks etc but then rolled around when the wind blew. Their defender cowering on the floor from DKE was a highlight.

steve82

I feel for Biamou, starting to adapt to L2 and doing everything right except get that second goal for CCFC. Gets stuck in every game now and took a beating yesterday. I goal would of been deserved, had his chances too unfortunately.

Happy to progress to the 3rd round. Let's hope for a pay day to have a go in the January window. 4th round come a little late in the month to plan and deal

steve82

On the season ticket holders who may not of attended debate, like me yesterday i had to work.

Sometimes Sunday games are a no go due to work commitments, at this level we tend to plan for 3pm Saturdays. Sundays throw a spanner in the works on some weekends.

covcity4life

I feel for Biamou, starting to adapt to L2 and doing everything right except get that second goal for CCFC. Gets stuck in every game now and took a beating yesterday. I goal would of been deserved, had his chances too unfortunately.

Happy to progress to the 3rd round. Let's hope for a pay day to have a go in the January window. 4th round come a little late in the month to plan and deal

if we made 4th round the draw would be done 3 weeks in advance of end of window though so you would think they could give robins money as they know its coming back in later in month

Nick

Administrator

You can tell the crowd want him to score, when he missed yesterday he got an ovation as well.

Hopefully he will score a winning last minute header or something that means something.

covcity4life

You can tell the crowd want him to score, when he missed yesterday he got an ovation as well.

Hopefully he will score a winning last minute header or something that means something.

idiots on twitter and phone in having a right go at him though

how did he miss that,cant hit a barn door etc

sad

steve82

if we made 4th round the draw would be done 3 weeks in advance of end of window though so you would think they could give robins money as they know its coming back in later in month

You'd hope so as by the mid January at the latest we'd know if we was at home or in a televised game. Or even more straight forwards if we win a 3rd round tie we'd know the Monday night after the weekend ties our opponents.

Just may hamper MR plans a little with 1st choice targets

Irish Sky Blue

The collapse in attendances at FA cup games dates back directly to the time when clubs withdrew the cup games from inclusion in the season ticket price
Most clubs included the first three cup ties (FA and League cups) until greedy clubs from the top division took them away
The other divisions gradually followed their shameful example
Not true. I’ve followed the City since 1967 and had a season ticket since 1971. FA cup tickets have never been included as part of the season ticket. Until a few years ago, why would they be? If you look at historical attendances, the FA cup always attracted bigger attendances than league games. The advent of the PL and clubs obsession with money over glory, ie playing weakened teams to save players for league games has seen attendance plummet. No doubt Eddie Howe said how much he respected and valued the FA Cup as he made 11 changes for Bournemouth’s cup game against Millwall last season which they promptly lost 3-0. Realistically a club like Bournemouth has far more chance of success in the cup than in the league but PL survival takes priority. Apparently most Wigan fans would not swap their cup win for a place in the PL. This tells you what most fans want.

better days

Tbh in that case you must be right about Coventry.
I started following Coventry in more recent years so assumed we would have the same system as the club in the south where I had a season ticket from the 70's
They definitely had 3 cup games included which was gradually reduced to none over several years
The same thing happened at other clubs in the London area
Apologies for getting it wrong as far as City are concerned

Users who are viewing this thread