Match Thread Coventry City - Cardiff City Match Thread - Monday 1st Apr (5 Viewers)

Gint11

Massive blow to playoffs losing today with the way results have gone. Not over but let’s not kid ourselves, its a missed opportunity.

wingy

Am I the only one who didn't think Eccles was really good? Not saying he was bad but he didn't strike me as good either. Bit surprised at some of the rave reviews about him today that's all
If i said he was more dynamic than Sheaf, think we need a new captain if thats the level personally?

messiahrobins

Yep, before we scored we had acres of space. Afterwards they seemed to have an extra man sitting on Palmer and in that space.

We fucked around with subs for ages and they scored.
They went with a narrow three in midfield and whenever sides have had a sitter on our no.10 we have struggled. They did a job on us, fair play to them

shepardo01

Anybody got any further comments about the handball in the box in the second half!? Looked absolutely nailed on from where I was in block 19.

Adge

Hard to pick out anyone who really played well. An opportunity missed and if you can’t take care of your own business it’s no good looking elsewhere. A big ask has just become a massive ask.

Pusb1

Luton’s head of recruitment was at the game, who was he watching do we think? Sheaf? O’Hare?

Theonlywayisskyblue

Apart from the last frantic 10 minutes, the only time we stepped on the gas and moved at pace we scored. After that it was pedestrian, predictable and sloppy and very unlike us. Too many off the pace at the same time. Just one of those days I guess but COH should certainly have come on earlier. That he didn’t might say something about MR’s current thoughts ? On recent form it’s a big ask for him to boss Man U at Wembley but here’s hoping 🤞

Brighton Sky Blue

Lati looks like it’s a game too far which is no surprise due to the minutes he’s played recently. Wright looks a bit off it too. Kitching just had a mare (wtf was he doing for that 1st goal, just put it out).

Robins was pretty philosophical about it in his interview. He asks players if they’re ok, they say they are and only find out they’re not when they’re out there. Pains of having a wafer thin squad.

Next season we can’t have the same issue. We had a thin squad last season but made the playoffs. Doug has to fund a bigger squad or a more compact one with players that are 1st team material to challenge the top 6.
Do we not have medical staff who can judge this more objectively than a player?

Mcbean

Seems to be a lot sugar coating a really poor team performance today. Far too many off the pace. I’m a Palmer fan but he needs to stop trying the Hollywood passes when simple options are on. What has Bidwell done to be constantly ignored when in great positions?
Yes this today !!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Am I the only one who didn't think Eccles was really good? Not saying he was bad but he didn't strike me as good either. Bit surprised at some of the rave reviews about him today that's all
He was solid as always, but I disagree he’s been ‘excellent’ in any of our recent games. This isn’t an insult by any stretch…

Hamer was excellent, Sheaf last week was excellent. No one was excellent today, we lost to a pretty poor team today.

I’m tired of hearing about how good our midfield is and that’s ‘Top 6’ but our recent loses to teams around us suggest otherwise.

covcity4life

He was solid as always, but I disagree he’s been ‘excellent’ in any of our recent games. This isn’t an insult by any stretch…

Hamer was excellent, Sheaf last week was excellent. No one was excellent today, we lost to a pretty poor team today.

I’m tired of hearing about how good our midfield is and that’s ‘Top 6’ but our recent loses to teams around us suggest otherwise.
It's because he's from academy that people like Herts go overboard with him.

covcity4life

It's exactly the opposite. He didn’t cost several million so many can't see him do anything positive even when he is easily our best player.
U have a point about perhaps ppl putting him down but in universe is he easily out best player.

That's crazy. He was ok today. Maybe "good" . Nothing more

Martin180

Like I said I think it can go both ways

I like to think I'm neutral on it. For me he has good games and bad games. And alot just ok games. He's not our best player
Would never suggest he's our best player . Would definitely argue in this transitional season he's been one of our most consistent performers
He is criminally underrated by sections of our fan base and does an unrewarding job sitting in front of the back four

covcity4life

Would never suggest he's our best player . Would definitely argue in this transitional season he's been one of our most consistent performers
He is criminally underrated by sections of our fan base and does an unrewarding job sitting in front of the back four
Id like to see sheaf and torp more and see how they do as a combo

Users who are viewing this thread