Coventry city centre (8 Viewers)

Otis

I agree! Northampton second too, ffs!
Was surprised to see Northampton there.

Coventry is better now though I believe than for sometime.

I drop the missus off at 4.30 in the morning and the remnants of the night before are in full gaze.

Seems to be more, or at least better places to drink in the centre now.

I'm sure the student population has boosted things considerably.

Ashdown

Coventry is a better night out now than it has been for perhaps 40 years.............but only for me if you go out fairly early and retire from CV1 before the knuckle draggers come swarming into the City. There are some decent bars/pubs and more restaurants than I can ever remember.

LastGarrison

as a proud Coventrian I have to say that is absolute bollocks!
There is a lot to like about Cov, it's nightlife isn't one I'm afraid.
OK for an old fucker like me who's happy to stumble around the pubs of Earlsdon and Chapelfields until 9 at night until it's time to go home but for younger people there are many many better places.

Leeds and Brighton not in there FFS!!

And how Swansea is top is beyond me. Have only been once and had a great weekend again, there are many better.
Although I agree to an extent, the article is actually about 'alternative' nights out so doesn't include your Londons, Manchester, Leeds etc and is about places you may not have considered hence Northampton, Swansea, Cov etc.

Otis

Although I agree to an extent, the article is actually about 'alternative' nights out so doesn't include your Londons, Manchester, Leeds etc and is about places you may not have considered hence Northampton, Swansea, Cov etc.
Most people don't consider Northampton, Swansea and Cov ever anyway.

Grendel

Ah, knew it was on. Forgot when though.

May pop down tomorrow before the football.

Solihull has a similar market today. Absolutely heaving with people. Most main car parks had huge queues to get it.

NorthernWisdom

There's a reason I wouldn't consider Northampton!

Anyway, it's advertising for a company by placing a newspaper story is all really, so ultimately utterly meaningless.

clint van damme

but Leeds and Brighton must be a similar size to Cov.
Then there's places like York and Chester which are smaller but still better nights out.

LastGarrison

but Leeds and Brighton must be a similar size to Cov.
Then there's places like York and Chester which are smaller but still better nights out.
But people consider going to Leeds and Brighton for nights out and Stag Do’s/Hen parties and I think the point of this list is to offer up places that people don’t think of.

Certainly Swansea and Northampton don’t roll off the tongue when I’m talking about lads weekends.

Anyway as NW says it’s all subjective and the actual table has been put together by a voucher codes site so hardly a world reknown scientific study.

Nick

Administrator
That list is a joke. Northampton? One it’s as bad as coventry and two it’s not a city.
Been to Northampton a few times, only place that I've seen bouncers constantly trying to start fights. Just randomly swinging at people.

Westendlad

clint van damme

I like the Roadmenders (if it is still there). Seen some good bands there.

yeah, had some good nights out there and the pub on the walk from the station, (Black Lion I think), is a decent boozer. But there's not a lot else.

Captain Dart

Otis

Old news. Is Mirror group selling off its property assets or will it continue to get rental income out of this deal?
Old news? Only just been announced today hasn't it?

We all knew it was becoming a hotel, but it's now just been announced who is taking over.

Nick

Administrator
Work at the water park being scaled back now to go to paying for the upper precinct revamp.

Captain Dart

Work at the water park being scaled back now to go to paying for the upper precinct revamp.

Over extended the finances & held to ransom by property development company.
So we have here useless council unable to manage our money and a greedy capitalist squeezing the pips.

The only mitigating factor is the BHS collapse which may have occurred unexpectedly at a time when the water park was already in the pipeline (excuse pun).

What we need is some altruistic benefactor to stump up the £500,000 for the water park, maybe that’s a project the Higgs charity could support?
PS I don't think 'Christian' Joy has a shred of altruism in her black heart.

Last edited:

Otis

Turtle Bay named as the latest restaurant to open at Cathedral Lanes.

Heard it's quite nice. Will give a good selection of differing cuisines there once they're all open. Zizzi, Cosy Club, Wagamama, Los Iguanas, Pierre Bistrot, Turtle Bay, the Botanist.

The German Doner place opened today in the Burges too.

Might give it a try tomorrow if the rest of the family are up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread