Match Thread Coventry City - Colchester United Match Thread - Saturday 21st Oct (1 Viewer)

Otis

Except the very good punch from the dangerous cross under a lot of pressure.

If the stats are to believed we didn't hit the target in 9 attempts. I can't remember which save you're on about?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep.

Was talking saves.

Brighton Sky Blue

Does he expect people to be content with 8th in this garbage division, failing to score against Accrington, Barnet, and Forest Green? Sorry, it's pathetic. He doesn't seem to get how important this season is.

clint van damme

I think that with Jones today we win. Made all the difference him going off.

I am not too disheartened. Strong at the back again and it is just not quite clicking for us.

Any news on Jones' injury?

after 10 minutes I was convinced we weren't going to score and I don't think we would of if Jones had stayed on.
I can't believe you're not disheartened, what I've witnessed in the last 3-4 weeks has been dreadful.

ccfcway

Does he expect people to be content with 8th in this garbage division, failing to score against Accrington, Barnet, and Forest Green? Sorry, it's pathetic. He doesn't seem to get how important this season is.

about on budget and still early days this season, lets not panic just yet

Otis

after 10 minutes I was convinced we weren't going to score and I don't think we would of if Jones had stayed on.
I can't believe you're not disheartened, what I've witnessed in the last 3-4 weeks has been dreadful.

I thought Jones was looking dangerous. I could see a goal coming, but only through him and something he would have created.

lifeskyblue

No plan B and without Jones nobody taking on the defence. Never looked like conceding and didn’t look like scoring. Very poor, turgid and uninteresting. Why do we still bother going up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggs

We were dire, McWankty is an embarrassment to the club!

Sky Blue Harry H

Ages to go in the season - if it goes on for the next 3 or 4 games I will be more worried. Nice to see Haynes back, and he may have to take over on the left midfield, with Stokes behind him. If our main danger balls are going to come in from the wing (via Haynes, Jones, Grimmer) we are going to have to look at someone who has height/can head the ball at centre forward (Biamou or Vincenti?)

capel & collindridge

Robins should let the fans choose the team next week:

It would have no goalkeeper (to avoid losing to a howler), no full backs (can't get far enough forward), no DMs (too defensive), no wing backs (none good enough at defending), but any decent striker (who score 20 goals a season and never miss sitters). Our problem is that we have no regular starter who is also a decent striker - hence our present goal drought.

So the only team that would give our fans any confidence would have:

No goalkeeper

Ideally a central row of three Mcdonalds across the edge of the box

A more advanced link man role of Vincenti and Kelly

Either Biamou or Beavon as Target Man (according to your taste)

And five Ponticellis as Strikers (three in the box and two running angles behind them)

Why can't Robins see this???

Otis

We were dire, McWankty is an embarrassment to the club!
He's not the player I think we all thought we had signed. He's pretty much done nothing. He was better when he moved inside and off the wing, but that's not saying much.

stupot07

No plan B and without Jones nobody taking on the defence. Never looked like conceding and didn’t look like scoring. Very poor, turgid and uninteresting. Why do we still bother going up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't even have a plan A in an attacking sense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Fair play to Micky Adams pointing out that the attendance figures show how far we’ve fallen and who can blame the fans for falling away.
Pretending that they were much better in the top flight mind, frequently 10k or less early to mid 80s when he played

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Greggs

i'm losing count now.....

so its MuNulty, Biamou, Vincenti, Beavon, Doyle, Nazon

who else are we supposed to be having a go at ?

Just McNulty, absolute shocker of a player.

Greggs

He's not the player I think we all thought we had signed. He's pretty much done nothing. He was better when he moved inside and off the wing, but that's not saying much.
But what's the ponit of him being down the middle when he air kicks and chance laid onto him? He's embarrassing

Esoterica

Robins sounds done to me. Coming out with the kind of gibberish that managers do when the writing is on the wall. We created 2 chances all game and that was against 10 men. It was clueless from the formation to the tactics to the timing and choice of substitutes and nothing he has said before or after any of the last 4 games has given me any clue he knows how to fix this. I want some continuity at this club so please Robins, before I start not being able to stand the sight of you stood there with your hands in your pockets, fix that fooking centre midfield.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread