Match Thread Coventry City - Crawley Town Match Thread - Saturday 25th Nov (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

We need the fans to try and get themselves to the Ricoh for this now more than ever after Jodi Jones Injury.

We need the money in the coffers for he January transfer window. Crawley will barely bring around 150. So I don't think North stand will even be open.

Cavan O'Doherty

We need the fans to try and get themselves to the Ricoh for this now more than ever after Jodi Jones Injury.

We need the money in the coffers for he January transfer window. Crawley will barely bring around 150. So I don't think North stand will even be open.
You must be joking. Sisu won't let him replace the injured players with anything near the quality that we need.

ccfchoi87

We have lots of options without calling upon Ponticelli, DKE, Beavon, Finn etc. We have really good depth but maybe the quality is lacking.

Burge

Grimmer McDonald Willis stokes

Stevenson Doyle Shipley

McNulty Biamou Nazon

Burge

Willis McDonald Stokes

Grimmer Haynes

Kelly Doyle

Vincenti/Shipley/McNulty

Nazon Biamou

Burge

Willis McDonald Stokes

Grimmer Haynes

Kelly Stevenson Doyle

Nazon Biamou

Burge

Grimmer Willis McDonald Stokes

Vincenti Kelly Doyle Haynes

Biamou Nazon

Burge

Grimmer Willis McDonald Stokes

Kelly Doyle

McNulty Nazon Haynes

Biamou

Ricketts

I had high hopes that Shipley was going to be the footballer with a brain that we have been missing, but both him and Haynes seemed off their games at Stevenage.

When we play at the Ricoh and teams park the bus we need someone who can create something, Ben Stevenson (who when I saw him at Accrington seemed to be hiding) or Jordan Shipley. Time for one of them (or both) to step up. We couldve played for anothe 90 ah
Gaist Mansfield and we still wouldn't of scored.

5-0 City.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would play biamou up front and go a little bit more direct not long balls but get it forward quicker and stop Doyle taking these tippy free kicks that end up with our back four put the ball in the opposition box and see what happens

Ricketts

I would play biamou up front and go a little bit more direct not long balls but get it forward quicker and stop Doyle taking these tippy free kicks that end up with our back four put the ball in the opposition box and see what happens
If we do that then his strike partner needs to be closer/ more understanding. He wins more than his fair share but we rarely get the second ball.

smileycov

Facebook User
I think the change of formation will help, the players will give it there all for jj and Crawley will get spanked, 4-0

dazed&confused

A pointer to the rest of the season, me feels. Saturday afternoon. League Two. Hardly appealing oppposition with poor away support even for this division. No special ticket offers. Still £24-26 pay on the gate and up to £10.20 for official car parking. Cov fan interest likely to be subdued by chilly, late-November weather, the Mansfield home defeat, the Stevenage draw and now the JJ injury news. The Lincoln away win may not be enough to get bums on seats. Realistically 6,000 - 6,500. One team who could still do something in this league, but who flatter to deceive, who unfortunately struggle to score and who now appear jinxed by injury, but with the Duck back - and despite his very obvious short comings, he can score the odd decent goal - against a below average team whose on field struggles prior to last weekend's out of the blue victory at home to Exeter, had led to a well reported angry exchange between manager Harry Kewell - remember him - and some home fans. Crawley's league position and recent form would seem to make them one of our less tricky home opponents this season, but we've thought that before. Unfortunately, their away form this season actually isn't that disastrous with two wins (at Barnet and Morecombe) and two draws in their last five away games. This could be either really good or really bad. 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2.

stupot07

Bring back the diamond

********************Burge
Grimmer/DKE* Davies*McDonald*Haynes
*********************Doyle
*************Kelly**********Shipley/Stevenson
****************"Nazon/DKE/Vincenti
********McNulty*************Biamou

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

W

westcountry_skyblue

A pointer to the rest of the season, me feels. Saturday afternoon. League Two. Hardly appealing oppposition with poor away support even for this division. No special ticket offers. Still £24-26 pay on the gate and up to £10.20 for official car parking. Cov fan interest likely to be subdued by chilly, late-November weather, the Mansfield home defeat, the Stevenage draw and now the JJ injury news. The Lincoln away win may not be enough to get bums on seats. Realistically 6,000 - 6,500. One team who could still do something in this league, but who flatter to deceive, who unfortunately struggle to score and who now appear jinxed by injury, but with the Duck back - and despite his very obvious short comings, he can score the odd decent goal - against a below average team whose on field struggles prior to last weekend's out of the blue victory at home to Exeter, had led to a well reported angry exchange between manager Harry Kewell - remember him - and some home fans. Crawley's league position and recent form would seem to make them one of our less tricky home opponents this season, but we've thought that before. Unfortunately, their away form this season actually isn't that disastrous with two wins (at Barnet and Morecombe) and two draws in their last five away games. This could be either really good or really bad. 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2.
Nothing like sitting on the fence 6-0 Skyblues!!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The formations we keep playing always seem to be too defensive in my eyes. We never seem to commit enough players forward. We really need to do it tomorrow against a side who have scored less goals than us . PLEASE M R attack hard and fast from the start. Make this a game where we spend far more time in their half than ours passing sideways. Be more direct and attack as though we want to win and not just stumble to it. Give us a game to say "We were there"

Sky Blue Harry H

The formations we keep playing always seem to be too defensive in my eyes. We never seem to commit enough players forward. We really need to do it tomorrow against a side who have scored less goals than us . PLEASE M R attack hard and fast from the start. Make this a game where we spend far more time in their half than ours passing sideways. Be more direct and attack as though we want to win and not just stumble to it. Give us a game to say "We were there"

Feel like this - but would take any sort of win !

Great_Expectations

Hoping to see an attacking 3-5-2 tomorrow:

Burge
Willis Davies McDonald
Grimmer/DKE Haynes
Stevenson Doyle
Duck
Biamou McNulty

But I have a horrible feeling it’s going to be the same as last game with Vincenti in for Jones, confirming to the opposition we have zero pace or creativity in our team.

Liquid Gold

Big game tomorrow. Not been playing well at home, important players injured nd we need to follow up Tuesday with 3 points.

AFCCOVENTRY

Nazon has to start today. I suspect he will.

Kelly might be ok for today.

Stevenson has been doing well in the U23s. So needs to step it up for a first team place.

oucho

My mate lives on the Kent/Sussex border so gets Crawley goal highlights on the local evening news. He says they can't defend for toffee. Thus, based on that, i am confident of a win despite our terrible luck with Jones.

skybluetony176

Going for a 0-0. We weren’t exactly prolific goal scorers with Jodi. Got a feeling it’s going to take us a few games to adjust to losing our play maker meaning we’re going on a goal drought. Probably win a gazillion nil now I’ve said that:)

oucho

It's snowing, get the orange football out!
If so (bright sunshine here) then that's great home advantage, they haven't seen snow in Sussex since before the last Ice Age.

itsabuzzard

Bit of fence-sitting going on here.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

steve82

I think a lot depends on what Crawley side turns up, they've had some good results and clean sheets too. Tuesday night they beat Exeter 3-1 yet lost 4-0 away to Wycombe last Saturday. Prior to that they drew 1-1 with Forest Green, 0-0 at Lincoln, 0-0 at home to Luton, lost 2-0 to Chesterfield, 0-0 at Grimsby and won 1-0 at Morecambe.

So they can be resilient when they want. However I think today's our day. Today's the day we thump someone, having no JJ takes away our predictability to a degree. Crawley will be more confident to come and play knowing we've lost our biggest technical player which will play into our hands.
4-0 for me today.

Adge

Be interesting to see what the crowd is. 7000 we may struggle to get I feel. 4000 season tickets so I can't see 3000 extra/walk up etc.

steve82

Be interesting to see what the crowd is. 7000 we may struggle to get I feel. 4000 season tickets so I can't see 3000 extra/walk up etc.

6157 I'm guessing

For midweek games it was 6366 v Forest Green and 6151 v Carlise.

Around a similar mark I'd imagine

clint van damme

stuck at fucking work, going to haver to miss today, gutted!
Thought I'd get finished in time so got my ST on me so can't even give it to a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread