Coventry City ground share with Coventry RFC at Butts Park Arena could be back on (1 Viewer)

ceetee

I suppose we could play Academy games at BPA.

oucho

As long as sisu gets shafted who cares about the long term future of thr football club hey?!
They did the shafting first and most. They deserve what they get. Our eventual new owners will have the chance to start afresh and pick up the pieces. We just need SISU to sell for the recovery to begin.

peeler

They did the shafting first and most. They deserve what they get. Our eventual new owners will have the chance to start afresh and pick up the pieces. We just need SISU to sell for the recovery to begin.

And any new owners will probably benefit from a large chunk of goodwill from the council.

clint van damme

you're on the wind up, sisu may deserve what's coming but nothing indicates there will be a bright new dawn for the club I'm afraid.
The only thing that will get us out of this is a mega rich owner with no designs on getting a return on the money they invest. Here's hoping!

stupot07

There will be little pieces to pick and I doubt the council will give thr club any goodwill, their eggs are all in the rugby basket. They aint interested in the football club.
And any new owners will probably benefit from a large chunk of goodwill from the council.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

peeler

There will be little pieces to pick and I doubt the council will give thr club any goodwill, their eggs are all in the rugby basket. They aint interested in the football club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We'll see

martcov

why do you disagree?

Actually the Council absolutely loved CCFC when they won the cup. A high profile football club carrying the name of the city does far more for the City than just 'Wasps'. I think they would welcome anyone with money and a business plan with open arms. The constant complaint from CCC is that they don't have a business plan from SISU ( just a couple of court cases).

Sky Blue Kid

Where is the kick in the bollocks?

The bit where RR said "£20m made ready to take CCFC forward" Which was approx 7-8 months before Eastwood joined us. so you can't say it was anything to do with mopping up his shit. The money was promised the day SISU took charge.

Sky Blue Kid

No he was talking bollocks - I thought you liked him?

I actually believe he meant what he said but was reneged by SISU. I remember seeing him sat every home game cringing in his seat. It felt like he was forced to take the flak by Septic and Co. being made to sit there and take shit from supporters. In short, I did like him.

Sky Blue Kid

We both know they did throw some money at the club when they got here but that went tits up, and that was before the new governing rules of limiting your spending to your income. I know the lower Premier sides get round it by the owner keeps having to put money in, but unfortunately our owners haven't clearly got the money to do it that way, so we are stuck with them unless they can find a buyer to buy something with absolutely no assets.
I'd love it another way but we can only spend what we get through income, and no-one surely can argue that given our owners, so we have to start anew and build something that will increase income so they can put that towards investing on the pitch and a better team.
If we stay at the Ricoh, our sons and daughters who take over from us as fans ,will be facing exactly the same dilemma in 20/30 years, a shit team in a rented stadium with limited income, it wont ever go away .
We can start to build something away from the Ricoh's constraints and begin to grow something for the future to sell on as product that someone see value to it, or stay for the longer course if we get near the promise land.

So do you think they spent that £20m on players when they got here then?

Skyblueweeman

So, back onto the BPA or some imaginary new stadium...I'd have one request (on top of the standard monkey-butlers serving beers...). I'd like to see new stadiums getting away from the 'soul-less bowl' design. I get that filling the corners adds to the capacity but it would be nice to have 4 distinctive and different stands.

Carry on....

Captain Dart

Part of the issue when people don't seem to understand we are in league 1. Same when we do undisclosed, same as when we get loans and frees. Some will expect massive fancy stadiums, marquee signings etc.
and you would seek to tie the club down to that level... Robins & Hill didn't get the club up to the First Division by thinking small.

on the other hand Bryan Richardson had unrealistic expectations and plans which pushed the club into reverse..

someone needs to get a grip and find the right level, which IS NOT LEAGUE ONE!

jimmyhillsfanclub

So, back onto the BPA or some imaginary new stadium...I'd have one request (on top of the standard monkey-butlers serving beers...). I'd like to see new stadiums getting away from the 'soul-less bowl' design. I get that filling the corners adds to the capacity but it would be nice to have 4 distinctive and different stands.

Carry on....

Funny that one of the few 'new' grounds to not have the bowl is stoke.........and they built it on windy hill......fucking tits

Last edited:

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Since SUSI arrived attendances have dropped by 50% at this rate carry on and we would not need to alter BPA .That would suit them with there something for nothing attitude .Everything under them has gone down.

The Reverend Skyblue

Carry on....
I agree weeman, four steep distinctive stands, there are some great relatively cheap but fantastic German stadiums built recently. Nice and steep so people are on top of the pitch,creates great atmosphere.

ClarkeZ

and you would seek to tie the club down to that level... Robins & Hill didn't get the club up to the First Division by thinking small.

on the other hand Bryan Richardson had unrealistic expectations and plans which pushed the club into reverse..

someone needs to get a grip and find the right level, which IS NOT LEAGUE ONE!

No one here wants to reduce us and think small, but we have to be realistic here. Hear me out.

We are a league 1 club. We have owners who don't have money to invest, who aren't going anywhere at least until the end of judicial proceedings. We have been here for years, our attendances, income, expenditure all reflect that.

We all want to "get back to where we belong" in the Premiership but in reality, the only way thats going to happen quickly is with massive investment, probably above the FFP rules.

So where we are now it all comes down to cash, if we went to a deal with the BPA it would take big money to build. Which has to come from somewhere. I DESPERATELY want to see it happen, but long term is a concern. If we can't get permissions to allow expansion and are capped to 15k then it should be a no g0. £30+million to spend for a non-long term solution.
But the RICOH comes with its own issues, not owning it, never being able to make non-footballing profits from it. etc etc. Limits income significantly, therefore limits what can be invested.

Rock ------------ CCFC ------------- Hard place

shmmeee

Carry on....

Disagree completely. Would be basically accepting we are a tinpot lower league club.

The 70s have gone. Get over it.

Skyblueweeman

Disagree completely. Would be basically accepting we are a tinpot lower league club.

The 70s have gone. Get over it.

I didn't say it had to have a capacity of 3,000 did I you sanctimonious plank?!

If you read my post again and CAREFULLY, I said 'BPA OR some imaginary new stadium'. I've underlined and made bold the bit you should take notice off.

And the atmosphere in bowl stadiums isn't as good as the old skool designs. Get over it.

Captain Dart

We are a league 1 club. We have owners who don't have money to invest, who aren't going anywhere at least until the end of judicial proceedings.
Exactly why they have to be replaced.

Otis

I didn't say it had to have a capacity of 3,000 did I you sanctimonious plank?!

If you read my post again and CAREFULLY, I said 'BPA OR some imaginary new stadium'. I've underlined and made bold the bit you should take notice off.

And the atmosphere in bowl stadiums isn't as good as the old skool designs. Get over it.
I definitely think we are on for the imaginary new stadium.

Skyblueweeman

I definitely think we are on for the imaginary new stadium.

Well to be fair, my point can be extended to cover my ass even more...I like 4 stand stadia better than bowls due to distinctiveness and better atmosphere...whether it's CCFC or another club.

I just some sort of light at the end of the tunnel Otis :)

And do you know what, I'd take us going to the Butts...it would rid us of the shackles of the Ricoh and we can concentrate on taking the club forward without any distractions of ACL, Wasps, Shared Revenues (depending on the contract etc.). Fresh start and crack on.

ClarkeZ

Exactly why they have to be replaced.
I agree, don't get me wrong I'm not wanting them to stick around.
But reality is that unless someone was to wander in with hundreds of millions and buy the club, SISU won't be doing anything major and definitely wont be leaving until the court case is finally wrapped up. Then things could begin to change if we're lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread