Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (5 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

Really poor first half. Wrong team selection from the start left us very defensively open and they’ve been able to comfortably sit on their lead since they went ahead. Sakamoto looks the shadow of the player he was a month ago, Wright is anonymous and getting beaten to everything in the air, Dasilva has the defensive positioning of a two year old, Palmer back to his usual self and Latibeaudiere is still too small to be a centre back in this formation.

Need an early goal in the second half if we want any chance of winning this. Hopefully Robins is giving them a rocket.

pusbccfc

Lati has been bullied whenever in a 50/50

SBAndy

Need the wide players to stay high and get the ball to them quicker. Spread that back 3 out a bit. Wright to the left, Palmer off for Simms.

CCFCSteve

Da Silva, Palmer and O'Hare playing like it's a 5 a side pitch

yeah, some lovely little passing moves but doing no damage apart from one which led to Dasilva cross

Palmer and Ohare disappointing so far. Ohares been on fire recently though so probably palmer to make way for simms (would maybe be a bit harsh on him though)

Johnnythespider

Poor first half from us, Milan got sucked into the big man for the goal, we probably should have scored in the first couple of minutes but they deserve to be in front so far

shmmeee

Would you not search or do it elsewhere

I wouldn’t search. It’s entirely security theatre and you won’t convince me there’s a utility to it. If you absolutely insist on searching then you need triple the staff and to search down the lines.

Who says we need to search a bunch of OAPs and kids Pete? Don’t get this level of security at any other venue.

Skybluecol

Needs more protection, him and Eccles are outnumbered in the midfield with very little help
Absolutely 100% agree..... but he still needs to move more or it'll be easy pickings for the opposition.

Joel also loves to ball watch....been guilt 3 times I've noticed......how Thomas doesn't start this game is beyond belief.

MalcSB

Would you not search or do it elsewhere
Searches need to be a bit away from the turnstile and on more than a 1 per turnstile basis. There needs to be a free flow to, and through, the turnstiles. Like so many other things, it’s not fucking rocket science.

Great_Expectations

I know he isn’t liked on here, but this is a game for Simms.

50/50 if that’s for Wright or Palmer. Possibly the former as this seems a game we’ll break them down via playing football, so we need our better technical players on. Equally Wright will offer more width.

Either way, Simms needs to lead the line.

shmmeee

As always @Sky Blue Pete I want to see the data. How many items were confiscated inside the ground to justify this, what’s the reduction been? If I want to smuggle an AK-47 in I could, but no one wants to. It’s not fucking Green Street it’s a bunch of middle aged people with a Bovril.

Covcraig@bury

We are missing Sheaf so much in the middle , not sure how MR will play this out . Torp is playing brilliant in the middle but we need more from Cal and Kasey , too many gaps

shmmeee

Searches need to be a bit away from the turnstile and on more than a 1 per turnstile basis. There needs to be a free flow to, and through, the turnstiles. Like so many other things, it’s not fucking rocket science.

We’d need significantly more staff.

lewys33

I think Lati has come in to it more, it’s the left hand side which has been the worst (nothing has been amazing).
Palmer for simms (hadji back out to the left)
Jds for bidwell

Skybluecol

We've been shit to a man

Starting Lats and DaSilva is criminal
Literally what I've said to my mates

Although Milan has been poor and was at fault for build up of the goal, going for a header that he'd never was going to win.

Torps lack of movement is proving easy pickings for Millwall's midfield

Brighton Sky Blue

Will get spanked at Plymouth playing like this. Failing to get the wide reinforcements in was always going to bite but I didn't think it would be this soon.

covcity4life

As always @Sky Blue Pete I want to see the data. How many items were confiscated inside the ground to justify this, what’s the reduction been? If I want to smuggle an AK-47 in I could, but no one wants to. It’s not fucking Green Street it’s a bunch of middle aged people with a Bovril.
They always pad my coat down and I've got marker pens, keys, Lazer clicker, coins etc

Never ever want to investigate what's in pocket. Could be a knife easily

MalcSB

Da Silva would be first pick if you were making a 5 a side team or beach football team but he just doesn't quite cut it at this level for 11 a side
Reminiscent of how Kelly-Evans was as targeted. Too short, assuming you are allowed to say that these days.

steve101

Unfortunately there are some constants - Wright missing absolute sitters and getting caught offside needlessly. Van Ewijk committing to headers he is never going to win, leaving space in behind. I would be inclined to bring Kelly on to prevent us being so open defensively and Bidwell on as not surprisingly the diagonal over Dasilva is always a problem.

lewys33

I’m just hoping they get tired with all the chasing they’ve been doing. Playing from the back has its pros but today has not been one (I’m hoping to eat my words)

Astute

This game is for the taking. We didn't weather the early storm. Millwall are knackering themselves out chasing after the ball. The luck has been against us yet again.

All we need is an early goal and then it will be fun to watch.

HadjiChippo

Simms and Haji up top. Need some support for Haji and gives more chances in the box. If we’re gonna persevere with high crosses into the box then might aswell.

Need a goal ASAP like against Weds

gruffskyblue

People are getting frustrated with passing back and sideways but we are trying to keep possession. Thats what we have always done under MR. What’s the point in lumping it forward? You do realise we don’t have Hamer and Gyok anymore, right? Hamer use to deliver incisive quick forward passes but we don’t have that now. Smashing it forward aimlessly would just play into their hands. It’ll come. And if it doesn’t it’s because Millwall bought their A-Game and so be it. It’ll end 3-1 either way! Hopefully for City! 👍🏻👍🏻

MalcSB

The problem is no one is expected what happened at the Manchester Arena. Arianna Grande fans aren’t renowned for terrorism.

Users who are viewing this thread