Match Thread Coventry City - Millwall FC Match Thread - Sunday 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe I’m mental but Wrighr again looked ten times more dangerous up front than Simms or Godden have. He was inches away from being through on goal two or three times in the first half. Needs Torp and the like to hit him earlier with better balls though.
He also needs to just look across the line more often. Caught offside a frustrating number of times, if he gets it right he’ll have a hatful.

mmttww

I think I was at a different game to some of you....

I thought it was an average performance with a few bright spots. Had we scored at the start, it could have been different.

1. Robins' selection almost cost us the game. Three of the back four have not been regular starters and Da Silva in particular is just is not up to this standard. Looked better once Thomas came on. Their goal was lucky, but we were poor at start in the face of a physical, direct, Millwall challenge. Robins redeemed himself with early substitutions; Lati in midfield for Eccles surprised me but definitely worked.

2. Robins-ball is getting very predictable. Sides know what we do. We piddle around, it ends up back at Collins who lacks the kick to get it up there. The players look terrified of taking a chance. Sometimes territory is as useful as possession

I agree. I think you were watching a different game on your phone while the game was happening. No clue where you get some of this from.

We dominated possession. Had more shots. More shots on target. More corners. From 30 mins on, we bossed the game and controlled it.

'Robins Ball'? We play a totally different way to last season. Don't think we've had two seasons under MR where we played the same way.

Terrified of taking a chance? Played in their half the last 60 mins. Territory? We get in to wide channels, final third, patiently keep it to make openings.

'Redeemed himself'? Come on. We should have been ahead early. Had a bad 20 mins. Sorted it after 30 mins. Subs helped but we were on top already.

You seem to have something against the man. I can't fathom how you can come away from that result and performance with the take you've posted.

mmttww

Maybe I’m mental but Wrighr again looked ten times more dangerous up front than Simms or Godden have. He was inches away from being through on goal two or three times in the first half. Needs Torp and the like to hit him earlier with better balls though.

Agree. If we can find the right game to start Simms left and him in the middle I think we'll land on the ideal front three. He and Simms can rotate during the game.

mmttww

He did and feel that’s partly because we made an effort to put balls over the defence. With a bit more accuracy it’s a tactic that could work.

Yeah, for Wright or Simms, that'll give us another option and keep teams guessing. First time I've seen us try varying the play like that and come close to getting it right. Something I hope we develop.

Last edited:

shmmeee

He also needs to just look across the line more often. Caught offside a frustrating number of times, if he gets it right he’ll have a hatful.

Yeah pro strikers getting caught offside in the buildup is annoying. And some of it will be not getting those balls quite when he wants too. Once the midfield knows who is up top and how they like their service things should improve. I think Wrights pace means he makes it a bit easier, but swapping CF every game won’t help either. Or the fact the midfield has had about five combinations in a few weeks. Good signs tho.

Manchester_sky_blue

Is that the different gravy I've been reading about?
[/QUOTE]
Rinse Skin Care GIF by Travis

Offhegoes

Thought we were well off our game today. Especially 1st half. We start like that against Leeds or Ipswich they’ll be 3-0 up.
Went through the gears but was thankful for the final whistle.

Matt smith

The pitch was poor today, needs sorting.

don’t get me wrong it’s no excuse, but you could tell it was affecting our play at times.

stevo

Though we lost today i enjoyed my first visit to your ground last time i went to coventry it was at your old place , it also made a change to hsve a bit of atmospgere dont get it a lot of grounds anymore , didnt have much expectation today and they didnt let me down , though we gave you a game and had we got a 2nd it could easily have been different , we are nowhere near as
bad as our position suggests and a new manager new style takes time to gel , theres no doubt in my mind the play offs are there for the taking for you , having been to most of our games only southampton have looked better than you , of course i can only go by what ive seen but having seen you twice i would be shocked if you didnt get there , and i hope you do , you got close last year hope you go one better , good luck gor the rest of the season

shmmeee

In reality they had a good 15-20 mins when they scored and a spell in the last ten trying to equalise and that’s about it.

Covcraig@bury

Anyone know the outcome of scissors paper, stone ? MR was going to read the riot act to both of them . I just think this is totally class from 2 players who want to score .

lifeskyblue

Like a number of games recently we started slowly, grew into it and ‘bossed’ second half. Didn’t think anyone had a particularly good game today but then again no one especially poor. Wright surprises me…scoring goals consistently without I think playing anywhere near his best. He looks better coming in off left where he finds more room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The pitch was poor today, needs sorting.

don’t get me wrong it’s no excuse, but you could tell it was affecting our play at times.

I don't know what can be done with all these games coming up, could it be too wet.

Raining Gene Kelly GIF by filmeditor

Users who are viewing this thread