Match Thread Coventry City - Sunderland Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

We’ve always parked in Tesco and have been asked for proof of the £50 spend multiple times. I think it happened once last season but it hasn’t happened as much recently as it did a few seasons ago. There was one season about six years where it felt like we were asked for our receipts every other game.
Is that all they do? Can you just shrug your shoulders and drive off?

Ashdown

Just reading some comments from Sunderland fans about Ellis Simms….
Some thought he was lazy and never worth the money we paid ( although a lot getting the price wrong )……but the majority, thinking he was a good player for them and that he will get 20 goals this season and is likely to score today …..question is will he even start ?

procdoc

Just reading some comments from Sunderland fans about Ellis Simms….
Some thought he was lazy and never worth the money we paid ( although a lot getting the price wrong )……but the majority, thinking he was a good player for them and that he will get 20 goals this season and is likely to score today …..question is will he even start ?
I think he will be a sub again.
I’m guessing the team that starts is this:
Wilson
Thomas Fadz Lati
MVE Sheaf Eccles Dasilva
Palmer
Godden Wright

Collins, Bidwell, Binks, Kelly, Ayari, Simms, Sakamoto, Stretton, Obikwu

Johnnythespider

A little quiz for you, I'm at a wedding Oop north so won't be attending the game, can you guess where I am

PXL_20230825_190317115.jpg PXL_20230825_164052140.jpg

Grendel

Nantwich

AFCCOVENTRY

MOWBRAY PREVIEWS COVENTRY

Tony Mowbray believes the sale of Viktor Gyokeres has only made Coventry strong, with the Blues re-investing in the likes of Ellis Simms and Haji Wright up front making them a formidable threat. Of course, Mowbray spent 18 months at Coventry during the mid-2010s and helped them avoid relegation to the fourth tier.

SIMMS + WRIGHT
"Coventry have lost Gyokeres, who damaged us last year. I don't know the numbers - we never will know the numbers, probably - but if you read some reports they will pay a final fee of £8m for Ellis [Simms] potentially. I don't know what the downpayment was or how it was [structured], but then they brought in someone who cost more than that, their record signing Haji Wright. They've reinvested the money in the team, they've got good players. They are very solid, defensively really well-structured, and it'll be a tough day for us."

TIGHT FIXTURE
"We have to mindful of the team we are playing but they will also be mindful of the talents we've got. On any given day it's a tight, tight, game. My hope this year is that we win the tight game as opposed to the one last year where we had a lot of possession away from home [and lost]. They're a good team. We've been watching them."

RESULTS SO FAR
"They beat Middlesbrough 3-0 at home, and they've had a couple of away games either side of that at Swansea and at Leicester. They play a back three, they have wingbacks that are quite aggressive and support the attack, they play with two centre-forwards and a number ten, two sitting midfield players. We know all about them, we know where the spaces on the pitch are that we'll try to exploit, and they'll know all about us too. Last year we went there to attack and had about 80 percent possession and lost 2-1."

FAMILIAR FACES
"We have to stop their transition because they turn the ball over and attack very quickly with their number ten, Kasey Palmer, who I had on loan at Blackburn and know very well - he's a hugely powerful and technical boy who started his time at Chelsea. Matty Godden has scored a couple of goals already, he's a natural goalscorer and poacher of goals, and then they have spent some money on Ellis and Wright. They are a real threat and we have to be mindful of that."

shmmeee

MOWBRAY PREVIEWS COVENTRY

Tony Mowbray believes the sale of Viktor Gyokeres has only made Coventry strong, with the Blues re-investing in the likes of Ellis Simms and Haji Wright up front making them a formidable threat. Of course, Mowbray spent 18 months at Coventry during the mid-2010s and helped them avoid relegation to the fourth tier.

SIMMS + WRIGHT
"Coventry have lost Gyokeres, who damaged us last year. I don't know the numbers - we never will know the numbers, probably - but if you read some reports they will pay a final fee of £8m for Ellis [Simms] potentially. I don't know what the downpayment was or how it was [structured], but then they brought in someone who cost more than that, their record signing Haji Wright. They've reinvested the money in the team, they've got good players. They are very solid, defensively really well-structured, and it'll be a tough day for us."

TIGHT FIXTURE
"We have to mindful of the team we are playing but they will also be mindful of the talents we've got. On any given day it's a tight, tight, game. My hope this year is that we win the tight game as opposed to the one last year where we had a lot of possession away from home [and lost]. They're a good team. We've been watching them."

RESULTS SO FAR
"They beat Middlesbrough 3-0 at home, and they've had a couple of away games either side of that at Swansea and at Leicester. They play a back three, they have wingbacks that are quite aggressive and support the attack, they play with two centre-forwards and a number ten, two sitting midfield players. We know all about them, we know where the spaces on the pitch are that we'll try to exploit, and they'll know all about us too. Last year we went there to attack and had about 80 percent possession and lost 2-1."

FAMILIAR FACES
"We have to stop their transition because they turn the ball over and attack very quickly with their number ten, Kasey Palmer, who I had on loan at Blackburn and know very well - he's a hugely powerful and technical boy who started his time at Chelsea. Matty Godden has scored a couple of goals already, he's a natural goalscorer and poacher of goals, and then they have spent some money on Ellis and Wright. They are a real threat and we have to be mindful of that."

“the Blues”?? 🤢

Users who are viewing this thread