Match Thread Coventry City - Swindon Town Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

As we're in FA Cup action this weekend and other L2 games being playerd we have every chance of dropping to 10th with a game in hand next Sunday.

Grendel

As we're in FA Cup action this weekend and other L2 games being playerd we have every chance of dropping to 10th with a game in hand next Sunday.

That would require Swindon winning by 8 goals

Paul Anthony

Big win. Huge. Thought once Swindon got it back to 2-1, they were going to take it away from us. Thank goodness McNulty is in solid form at the minute! Glad for Biamou to get a goal. Hopefully that'll take some pressure off him.

Otis

Was impressed with Swindon today. One of the best teams we have faced this season.

Should definitely be in the top 7 come May if they keep playing like that.

Grendel

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

clint van damme

I actually thought that from about 25 minutes in our passing was the worse I've seen all season, (perhaps with the exception of Morecambe). Maybe the pitch was playing a part. But we've played better and come away with nothing so I won't mon too much!
Although they looked a decent outfit going forward we gifted them possession far too often.

Brining DKE on shored things up. M-D wants to play football all the time but he needs to learn you can't always do that in league 2. Hopefully Barrett climatises more rapidly.
Can't fault the effort and the sheer bloody mindedness though, especially during those goalmouth scrambles.

SkyBlueSoul

Buzzing with that win today! Said we needed to make a statement and we did, beating the best away side in the league whilst also beating them at home for the first time in god knows how long. Didn't need to be a thrashing like that Gillingham game in League 1, just needed to churn a result out. Slightly better than the nervy 1-0 I predicted. PUSB, that one's for you Cyrille!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but from Notts County in 2nd place and Mansfield in 7th, there are just 4 points separating them all. My worry is, that Accrington and Exeter both have a game in hand.
Capture.JPG

Gazolba

SISU will probably now be saying "why do we need to fund a new striker, McNulty is on fire and even Max is scoring".

Marty

Great win, chuffed, badly needed after last week, I thought they would grab an equaliser before half time, we looked fairly good, Biamou scored a cracker, can't wait to see it again and he fully deserved it after playing really well and it was great the reaction he got at the end of the game. Really happy for him.

ajsccfc

Before the third I had Swindon down as nicking all the points still, we seemed way too nervy. Those goalmouth scrambles are amazing when they work out on your side aren't they? Proper football!

So glad Biamou scored, even one bouncing in off his arse would do but it's a hell of a way to break the drought.

Johnnythespider

Was impressed with Swindon today. One of the best teams we have faced this season.

Should definitely be in the top 7 come May if they keep playing like that.
Agree with this, at 2-0 up you would think we would be on top but they stuck at it and moved the ball around well on a sticky pitch, they were a yard quicker for a good portion of the game and if they had scored in that goal mouth scramble they might well have gone on to win.

luwalla

What a game. Don't know how the f*** we got away with that one lol. Burge MOM !!! Someone is having a laugh.
yeah he pulled off an absolute class save just before half time ( I think it was ).. that goes in, its a totally different game... also made a couple of double goal line saves second half.. all that despite some cretins in the crowd thinking that the best way to get the most out of him is to constantly shout abuse & heckle him.. yes , thats our own player ( and the a guy that is trying his best, sometimes with cup winning performances for his team ) with his own fans shouting "what are you doing keeper" and " fuck sake another shit kick keeper" ... yeah great one you CITY FANS. Ill tell you who's having a laugh, and it aint the people who picked man of the match today

lifeskyblue

Impressed by Swindon’s forward play today. They could easily have won the game. Davis and Willis stick to their task well and burge made a couple of excellent saves. Biamou thoroughly deserved his goal; let’s hope it’s the first of many. Mcnulty got his brace but personally didn’t think it was one of his better games; still needs to start his runs a little closer to biamou. Midfield got over run at times and I think Shipley faded badly. Not sure that Maguire-Drew offers anything on that pitch; I would have switched him to other wing or taken him off earlier. DKEs effort made a difference when he came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luwalla

Impressed by Swindon’s forward play today. They could easily have won the game. Davis and Willis stick to their task well and burge made a couple of excellent saves. Biamou thoroughly deserved his goal; let’s hope it’s the first of many. Mcnulty got his brace but personally didn’t think it was one of his better games; still needs to start his runs a little closer to biamou. Midfield got over run at times and I think Shipley faded badly. Not sure that Maguire-Drew offers anything on that pitch; I would have switched him to other wing or taken him off earlier. DKEs effort made a difference when he came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spot on... the looked a decent side. felt the same about Maguire-drew today

have to say willis looks a class above. he is a no nonsense defender, strong & physical. Frustrating sometimes as I think he could take a touch & play the ball out, where as he is happy to put it into row z & regroup, but fair play thats his game.

speedie87

Another goal from a big kick up front from the keeper

Much more effective than Pressleys short kicks and rolling it out to shite centre halves

clint van damme

Basically set himself up there didn't he? Did JMD get a touch or just miss it and made it look like a great lay off? :D

thik he got a touch though wasn't sure if it was him or Grimmer! Got to get to the opticians ASAP!

NortonSkyBlue

does anyone else agree that most of our goals at the moment seem to come out of nothing?
No build up play, no logical pattern, no head of steam.

Users who are viewing this thread