Match Thread Coventry City - Swindon Town Match Thread - Saturday 20th Jan (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Basically set himself up there didn't he? Did JMD get a touch or just miss it and made it look like a great lay off? :D
Good job Burge miss kicked that ;)

Gazolba

Another goal from a big kick up front from the keeper

Much more effective than Pressleys short kicks and rolling it out to shite centre halves
Long kicks usually concede possession but they can be effective on a lousy pitch like ours.

Grendel

They have no choice but play him. He has scored a single fluke goal , it could have gone over the old west end. What did he do today apart from that ?

Won two headers and made one decent pass. Not a lot else.

BackRoomRummermill

Just because he scored that goal doesn't mean he's been good. Quite frankly he's been awful. Had a good game today but we still need a striker in and fast. Anybody else would've had 10 goals by now with the amount of chances he's had.

And if I may we would be in the top three rather than hanging on to coat tails. 25 plus games and no goal then a fluke is no sign of a striker.

D

Deleted member 4439

does anyone else agree that most of our goals at the moment seem to come out of nothing?
No build up play, no logical pattern, no head of steam.

It's our deadly weapon: having no clear idea what to do with the ball next - confuses the hell out of the opposition.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Just got home,Bit backs to the wall second half I thought Biamou won outstanding today but Doyle was my MOM does this guy run on Duracell? Covered every blade of grass.
See you all at MK!!!

Mucca Mad Boys

Max Biamou. You beauty! What a goal.

Simply the goal of the season. That’s was smashed with so frustration!

The perfect opportunity for him to break his duck. Just smashed it without time to think about it. Hopefully he kicks on and scores at least 5 goals before the end of the season. Goals is all his game is missing at present.

Otis

The perfect opportunity for him to break his duck. Just smashed it without time to think about it. Hopefully he kicks on and scores at least 5 goals before the end of the season. Goals is all his game is missing at present.
I agree. Lately he has been setting up chances too.

He does need to score though, so hopefully today is the first of many.

covcity4life

I am a big fan of biamou and so happy he got his goal

That said i would say once we scored 2nd he wasnt in the game at all.

wingy

Just may have helped the way it fell, two of ours almost screening it, possibly unsighting RCC.

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

Cov kid 55

He kept us in the game when it counted.
does anyone else agree that most of our goals at the moment seem to come out of nothing?
No build up play, no logical pattern, no head of steam.
The two goals from open play yesterday certainly came from nothing. The penalty, I think came from more build up play?

Cov kid 55

My first game at the Ricoh for a few years, yesterday. I really enjoyed the experience and actually liked the ground more than I remembered (apart from the references to Wasps, of course). It’s maybe time for me to get over Highfield Road, not to forget, but to move on. As for the game, we’ll we rode our luck, didn’t we? I’m not surprised that Burge got m.o.t.m. I know he flapped at a couple of crosses that could have been costly in the first half, but he also made great saves that kept us in the game. I think we all know that we would almost certainly have lost had Swindon scored a second. As for other ratings, I’m pretty much in agreement with Otis’s assessment. I think Doyle did a good job in midfield, we needed his battling qualities otherwise I think we would have been completely overrun. We also had two warriors in our central defenders, they were immense under pressure. We scored three good goals, McNulty is an intelligent player, and well done Max Biamou -a well deserved screamer for all his hard work.

Thought the support was very good today, a real 12th man when the going got tough. More of the same over the rest of the season, please! Also thought Swindon’s support was good, for a ground a quarter full, a good atmosphere was generated. Oh, and I liked the programme!

And finally, good to be in the ground to remember and honour Cyrille, which I thought was very fitting.

PUSB!!!

bawtryneal

Also some shocking goalkeeping for the first cross.

I partially share your thoughts on Burge but alternatives?
With the resources that Robins has available would you buy/loan a keeper in this transfer window or stick with Burge until end of season even if it means no spending left for a partner for McNulty
ie. is changing the keeper a first priority for you to strengthen the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread