Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Here we go

Hard to imagine us in the Premier league again , been such a torrid 16 years until Robins came back ..
Whichever side makes it , it shows that you don't need to spend millions and millions , and it gives hope to plenty of other clubs in league 1 and 2 that maybe they can do it too ..

I said all along if we make the playoffs we will win them , and I stick by that .

May the best team win

Coventry City 2 - 1 Luton Town

Wembley packed to the rafters

Coventry Promoted to the Premier league 🏆

no_loyalty

Let’s keep the 100% playoff record going, City 2 Luton 1 AET.

Yank

I will be honest and say before this season started, I did not think we would sniff the playoffs, nevermind be in the final with a chance to get back to the promised land! Glad to be proven wrong!

Luton has far surpassed expectations this season and are going to be quite a big challenge. We turned it on the final part of the season like we needed too and I think we will do just enough to win this.

1-0 AET to the Sky Blues.

CovInEssex

I remember being on holiday in futerventura at the end of Aug. We were rock bottom of the table or thereabouts and I was talking to a Sunderland fan and told him I'd be happy if we just stayed up.

Now look at us.

slowpoke

Watched the highlights of both the Luton games v Sunderland football wise that’s ball to feet Sunderland were over the two games were better, but with Luton it is direct and strength, defensively. Sunderland struggled at corners & set pieces, Luton will sling the long ball into our box from all angles and will go down looking for set pieces there is an extra weapon though,VAR, you are off-side if your toe, hand or elbow is ahead of the defence so pushing them out will be a tactic I trust we will work on that this week.
As said ball at feet Mackems were better but no real outlet, we have and we are stronger.
We have eleven days to prepare and will have apart from COH a fully fit squad ready for battle.

Last edited:

BackRoomRummermill

Here we go

Hard to imagine us in the Premier league again , been such a torrid 16 years until Robins came back ..
Whichever side makes it , it shows that you don't need to spend millions and millions , and it gives hope to plenty of other clubs in league 1 and 2 that maybe they can do it too ..

I said all along if we make the playoffs we will win them , and I stick by that .

May the best team win

I am going 3 - 2 with dramatic late own goal by Luton !

BackRoomRummermill

2-1 loss after we get a late goal but it's not enough.

I know I was wrong about Middlesbrough but I'm sorry I just can't imagine seeing cov back on the prem again during

2-1 loss after we get a late goal but it's not enough.

I know I was wrong about Middlesbrough but I'm sorry I just can't imagine seeing cov back on the prem again during my lifetime
Call them Homepage

TomRad85

Luton are fucking units but we're no pushovers these days are we. Will be tight as fuck and I hope players such as Hamer and Vik will give us the edge, as they have being doing a lot.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Let's face it, it's exceptional we are here, on paper we shouldn't be near chances are next season we wouldn't be close to them. This really has become our chance though, one we probably won't get again for a while.

Hope the team feel less pressure than I do! That said one of Robins' bigger achievements here has been to change the mentality of the club - we tend to rise to the big occasion more often than not nowadays rather than crumble away. Our training also seems to be geared to ending a season strongly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Also now got a week and a half for both Sheaf and Allen to build fitness. Just hope the slightly longer break between games doesn't stall us.

Don’t think so, just had 3 games in 9 days and this lets us get players into condition and to work on tactics.

the rumpo kid

Had a quick look on Luton's site, this is an actual quote
" No disrespect to Coventry but if we can't beat that pile of shit we may as well give up"

Can you believe the fucking immediate disrespect an arrogance of these clowns.

PVA

I fancy our chances of beating Luton in a one off game at Wembley bettwr than in a two leg semi final.

We're gonna fucking do it.

CDK

I didn't think we would get this far ,so I'm daring to dream
I fancy our chances of beating Luton in a one off game at Wembley bettwr than in a two leg semi final.

We're gonna fucking do it.

no_loyalty

Had a quick look on Luton's site, this is an actual quote
" No disrespect to Coventry but if we can't beat that pile of shit we may as well give up"

Can you believe the fucking immediate disrespect an arrogance of these clowns.
They might as well give up then as they haven’t beaten us this season.

tisza

going to be tight. Both teams in similar form. They don't create many chances but don't give up many either.

Madpig

Here we go

May the best team win

Good morning , greetings from a Hatter in peace.
Before your game with Boro their fans were lamenting that our win over Sunderland had prevented an all North East final. Their arrogant dismissal of Coventry was ugly.
You'll never know how pleased last night made all us Hatters.

Evo1883

Good morning , greetings from a Hatter in peace.
Before your game with Boro their fans were lamenting that our win over Sunderland had prevented an all North East final. Their arrogant dismissal of Coventry was ugly.
You'll never know how pleased last night made all us Hatters.

All the best for the final , we obviously have to feel confident we can win because its a one off game .. we respect Luton and their rise like ours has been superb , will be a real tough game .. should be a great day all round

Madpig

All the best for the final , we obviously have to feel confident we can win because its a one off game .. we respect Luton and their rise like ours has been superb , will be a real tough game .. should be a great day all round
I'd consider you a bit odd if you weren't confident of winning😁
I just hope , whatever the result , I don't see any of the vile hatred coming out of the north east. I know it's the Land of the Entitled, but bottom line is , both their teams got beaten.
When you read all the crap about our tatty old stadium , bear this bit in mind

Madpig

Yeah , I just hope Gyokores has an off day , he rattled us at Kenilworth Rd, made it look easy.

Garlana86

Watching these guys vs Sunderland did make me think, anyone will struggle against these at set pieces, size and power is what they have. However, im hoping the space in wembley will suit us better.

Users who are viewing this thread