Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (4 Viewers)

Macca

Season was great. Today well might take a few days to stop being disappointed. Great chance against a team that as I expected were very ordinary. Sadly we didn’t turn up until second half and made them so comfortable we may as well pulled up a chair and fetched them a newspaper. Almost like we were playing a dead rubber game. Never mind we move on to season 4 in the Championship

shmmeee

A few fans I spoke to after the game said the same thing.
To be fair to Dabs he had the balls to step up and take the penalty under extreme pressure. I feel for him.

We did all know he was going to miss though, right?

I wonder if losing Gus and Doyle meant we lost a couple ofnplanned takers?

shmmeee

Tbf I thought Eccles and Kelly may miss too. If dabo scores everyone's attention just changes to next taker let's be honest

Kelly I thought would. Eccles strikes me as the type to take a decent pen. Very surprised we didn’t see Fadz, Panzo or Bidwell step up TBH. Would have picked all of those over Dabo who has never been able to strike a ball cleanly (hence his goal record)

covcity4life

Kelly I thought would. Eccles strikes me as the type to take a decent pen. Very surprised we didn’t see Fadz, Panzo or Bidwell step up TBH. Would have picked all of those over Dabo who has never been able to strike a ball cleanly (hence his goal record)
Agree. I knew dabo would miss too

Bidwell shuda been subbed for JWE if not taking a pen

Love robins but he didn't throw kitchen sink at winning the game

ajsccfc

I thought Bidwell would be higher up the list just because he gets involved with set pieces. I thought Dabo was going to miss but to be honest I was expecting everyone to just because shootouts are fucking arseholes

shmmeee

Agree. I knew dabo would miss too

Bidwell shuda been subbed for JWE if not taking a pen

Love robins but he didn't throw kitchen sink at winning the game

Felt like we could have gone at them more. We were so nervous to shoot as well that we didn’t make the most of the times we did break through.

shmmeee

That Godden chance, man...

You’d have put your house on him wouldn’t you?

I did think we had the best chances despite ceding control of the game a lot. There’s were a few in the first half where we looked scared to shoot and just kept passing it around until we lost it. Never seen them so nervous.

skyblueelephant76

Fadz missed his last pen in a shootout and Panzo already had one giant cockup so wasn't surprised to not see them. Bidwell maybe but we were running out of hood options

covcity4life

You’d have put your house on him wouldn’t you?

I did think we had the best chances despite ceding control of the game a lot. There’s were a few in the first half where we looked scared to shoot and just kept passing it around until we lost it. Never seen them so nervous.
What chances did we have today? Everything just went high and wide no?

shmmeee

Fadz missed his last pen in a shootout and Panzo already had one giant cockup so wasn't surprised to not see them. Bidwell maybe but we were running out of hood options

Yeah but Fadz is VC and really I’d expect him to offer himself up. Panzo I think can welly a ball much better than Dabo and all else being equal that’s what I’d look for.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It wasnt to be this year ladies and gentlemen, but we push on thank you to Gus and Vik and good luck to them with their future as its not with us anymore and also same goes to the others leaving. We will replace and I trust in Mark Robins to get this ship sailing again next season. Time for a title charge

Skyblueweeman

Just back home. Devastated. One kick from the EPL and changing our fortunes for the foreseeable. Hey ho.

Big rebuild in the summer. At least we still have Mark and Adi to steer us through the next period.

Interestingly spoke to Ian Holloway quite a bit on the tube from Wembley to Victoria. As well as singing the praises of MR, he also said he great and gracious we were in defeat. Seemed like a top bloke and was quite open and honest to be fair to him.

Need my sleep and I have a lie in as Mrs WM is up with kids in the morning. Every cloud and all that....

Martin180

We have a solid base to build from for next season
Wilson, Fadz , Bidwell(if he stays) , Sheaf , Eccles ,Palmer , O'Hare and Godden are all class
Hopefully we have already signed McNally and Panzo(maybe) . I would think Norton-Cuffy would return and hopefully Doyle too
So realistically we are looking at a couple of strikers and midfielders
We won't be far off again next season

SeaSeeEffCee

Feels like it’s sunk in a bit more now and I am even more gutted. Can’t really see us having a better chance for a good while now. Hamer and Gyokeres are off in the summer and while we’ll surely get a decent amount of money in for them do we actually have the scouting infrastructure in place to effectively replace them? This new bloke who came in last year and Doug King have a big summer ahead of them.

Users who are viewing this thread