Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (2 Viewers)

steve101

Can't argue with that. They are a decent league 1 side and we controlled the game at a canter. Liked the intensity in which we began both halves. Clearly nothing taken for granted. Both our goals conceded were a bit sloppy but on another day we could have had double figures. Nice to see two out of form players in Godden and Allen combining so well, albeit against a tiring team.
Hope people don't judge Tavares on his first game back in a year.

Johnnythespider

Nice to see us win a game like this comfortably instead of struggling, hopefully get a good draw in the 4th round

Skyblue Bangkok

Can't argue with that. They are a decent league 1 side and we controlled the game at a canter. Liked the intensity in which we began both halves. Clearly nothing taken for granted. Both our goals conceded were a bit sloppy but on another day we could have had double figures. Nice to see two out of form players in Godden and Allen combining so well, albeit against a tiring team.
Hope people don't judge Tavares on his first game back in a year.
We could have scored 10 , felt a bit for Sims, great assist and keeper stopped him twice with decent saves. Thought Wilson went down like a sack of spuds for their 2 Nd goal. Yes Tavares first game back ,but his first touch reminds me of a cement mixer.

oscillatewildly

Doubt it. Bit if we sold him it should be for a decent fee. He would smash it in league 1 still or low end championship team

But I think we'll keep him which means it's good for us he has got back to scoring. I would still start Simms Vs Leicester tho
How would he do it for a 'low end' C'ship club if he can't do it for a mid table one?

mrtrench

Easy, that. Everyone played well but it was men against boys. If we'd wanted to, could have scored ten or more.

Simms played really well apart from the finishing. One day I'm sure he will start banging them in; just loses composure at the critical point. For his best chance he booted it at the diving keeper when a casual chip would have succeeded.

Palmer was excellent, as was Cal. Only Tavares looked out of sorts but that's understandable.

Well played City.

Johnnythespider

Newcastle have just beat Sunderland 3-0, that means we're as good as Newcastle

Johhny Blue

To be fair to Tavares it's his first appearance since a serious injury.

O’Hare looked miles off it when he first came back.

Tavares most likely is not good enough, but it's unfair to be too harsh on him today.
But it’s not easy to find something to bitch about after a 6-2 win

Users who are viewing this thread