Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnsley Match Thread - Saturday 15th Sep (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Team competed well today against tough opponents, who will be up at the top come season end. Like others have said, I really enjoyed that game (even when we were level) and thought neither side deserved to lose - but glad it was them!

Covstu

Good solid win, centre halves looked solid as did Burge who was excellent. Doyle was solid in midfield, didn’t really work for Shipley today. We had quite a few breakaways which Chaplin was cut down, I would think he could have got one of them but his work rate was superb.

Solid result against an inform team, onwards and upwards

skybluepm2

That Brummy cretin ‘Nick’ has just been on the phone-in. Finally been to a game. His conclusion; Lee Burge is one of the best goalkeepers ever to play for the club. Played well today but what a ridiculous comment.

Magwitch

Good solid win, centre halves looked solid as did Burge who was excellent. Doyle was solid in midfield, didn’t really work for Shipley today. We had quite a few breakaways which Chaplin was cut down, I would think he could have got one of them but his work rate was superb.

Solid result against an inform team, onwards and upwards
Robins must have mentioned Shipley three or four times in his post match interview on CWR, no coincidence to me we are grinding out results now Shippers is back, he doesn’t play we struggle,vastly underrated player.

D

Deleted member 4439

Having now got it working on a larger screen and freeze-stilled it, I think it is very marginally offside. Very, very tight.

Gint11

Great win. There’s always going to be fine margins in games and spells when the opposition will be on top and may hit the post. What pleases me is we are competitive. I’m happy with where we are. We’re a promoted team and being 4 points off 3rd at this stage is decent.

We will improve as the season goes on. 2 wins on the bounce, let’s get a run going, get something at Bristol ahead of 2 big home games against Sunderland and Pompey.

Garryb80

Do you have anything to add about the game today other than continuing your odd obsession? Are you not happy we won?
Yea delighted but shipley was awful as pointed out by several other posters. No obsession just commenting on the match in the match thread. If he plays well i will say he did but he didnt.

Johnnythespider

A very good game to win, they were the best team we've played so far. Burge MOM for me, a couple of saves to keep us in the game, only minus being the speed of his distribution. Goal definitely onside.
Off out now for the mum in laws 80th

The CableGuy

That was a very good win, hard earned and well earned, against a good side who will be up there at the end of the season.
Our final ball was lacking at times, but in the end, I think we deserved the points. No idea where that 6 minutes of injury time came from.

The CableGuy

Team competed well today against tough opponents, who will be up at the top come season end. Like others have said, I really enjoyed that game (even when we were level) and thought neither side deserved to lose - but glad it was them!
Yeah, for a 0-0 it wasn't bad. It got better when we scored of course.

Users who are viewing this thread