Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Would be interesting to see. I'm the kind of person that would much rather play, especially at thispoint in the season, motivated by putting a marker down for all the other teams and making them feel the pressure of knowing they have to win to match us.

Yeah I'd be the same, I don't want to be the team playing catch up when other teams have the points already.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't know why apart from my gut but If most of our competitors are postponed I'd rather we were as well, always think psychologically those who play following anothers confirmed result gain an edge.
Don't know If that stacks up statistically just my take.

Think that'll depend on the result - if we have lost, we'll definitely wish it had been called off. I don't think a draw would be that awful in the big picture, but obviously want the win. Should get plenty of coverage on the highlights on TV, so definitely want a positive result!

chiefdave

The pitch should be fine, well as fine as it has been recently. The bigger issue will be safety around the ground but unless it gets a lot worse ACL should be on top of that.

Matches have been postponed in the past over concerns for travelling fans. That could be an issue.

wingy

Would be interesting to see. I'm the kind of person that would much rather play, especially at thispoint in the season, motivated by putting a marker down for all the other teams and making them feel the pressure of knowing they have to win to match us.
Yeah its an interesting dynamic.

Otis

Looking like we're OK so far! We're clearly too big for this league ha
822b0e778597bf29a9eca6216afabe9a.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

There's 3 off now. Barnet, Exeter and Newport.

Exeter are going to have a backlog by the looks of it if other games do go ahead.

ccfcricoh

Also keen for it to go ahead, postponements will only mean more games squeezed in and less rest towards end of season when we may have to start thinking about playoffs as well!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

The ckub are op
Don't know why apart from my gut but If most of our competitors are postponed I'd rather we were as well, always think psychologically those who play following anothers confirmed result gain an edge.
Don't know If that stacks up statistically just my take.

I agree with you here. Id rather it was postponed if everyone elses is. I think its unfair advantage.

Its a bit like why at end pf the season everyone has to play same time/day.

higgs

3 points tomorrow a must and with other games likely to be cancelled could find ourselves in the playoffs again by 5 pm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueSoul

Swindon game just called off so would be back in the playoffs with a win tomorrow. Need to take advantage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Swindon game now postponed too.

What better chance to get back in the playoffs!! A win will see us there.

CCFC_Charlie

Need to win tomorrow now that that Swindon game is off. Put the pressure on them and put things back in our own hands.

Otis

Boo they haven't got a manager, they likely will have when they next play.
Kind of agree. Might well have been better for them to play with no manager.

Players must be a little deflated to have their manager quit in them with them nestled nicely in the play off slots.

wingy

Colchester's and Mansfield's games now also off.

This keeps going and Channel 5 are going to be pretty much showing our whole match tomorrow night instead of just highlights.
We better get five then.
The snowbound nation demands and expects.

Mucca Mad Boys

For me, this is another can’t lose game. Ideally, we need a win, but a draw would also be a decent result.

A lot of people seem to debating about midfield, but I keep Kelly and Doyle in the middles. We seem to be impenetrable when they both play in the middle. So Bayliss goes on the wing since there’s no stand out right winger at the minute. Shipley probably edged Reid but I’d like to see Reid given more game time - we need a natural winger.

Unsurprinsgly, my rugby game has been cancelled so I’m going to get myself up to the game!

Londonccfcfan

For me, this is another can’t lose game. Ideally, we need a win, but a draw would also be a decent result.

A lot of people seem to debating about midfield, but I keep Kelly and Doyle in the middles. We seem to be impenetrable when they both play in the middle. So Bayliss goes on the wing since there’s no stand out right winger at the minute. Shipley probably edged Reid but I’d like to see Reid given more game time - we need a natural winger.

Unsurprinsgly, my rugby game has been cancelled so I’m going to get myself up to the game!

Agree the unexpected win at Wycombe at Wycombe has given us some leeway (This is a must not lose game).

A draw wouldn't be a bad result at all keeps them below us! and a point further from all the teams below. they havnt lost 3 in a row under Cowley! So it will be a very tough game indeed.

A draw in this game however would put huge pressure on us to get a win vs Barnet. In short keep winning and keep on picking up points will keep us on track for minimum play offs.
Talk about stating the bleeding obvious but hey!

Users who are viewing this thread