Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (3 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Matches have been postponed in the past over concerns for travelling fans. That could be an issue.

If the A roads between Lincoln and Cov are bad, I'm guessing the game could well be off?

Great_Expectations

It’ll be on, all of our attacking players will perform, we will play attractive football, BOTH our starting strikers will score in the same game and Reid will create them both.

3-0 (JCH, McNulty, Haynes).

Why not.

Ricketts

If the A roads between Lincoln and Cov are bad, I'm guessing the game could well be off?

I cannot imagine it.. Lincoln isnt in a Red Alert zone, and things are warmer today. Plus no-one cares about League two fans. Only Man U or Chelsea etc.

Anybody heard anything about Swindon? If its off and we win we will be in the play-off position. Personally I would prefer they play.

shmmeee

Sent to Coventry on a training course?

You joke but don’t Warwick Uni do a lot of football training courses? I’ve seen Roy Keane there years ago. I wonder if we do get the odd random ref because they’re here on business anyway.

Otis

I cannot imagine it.. Lincoln isnt in a Red Alert zone, and things are warmer today. Plus no-one cares about League two fans. Only Man U or Chelsea etc.

Anybody heard anything about Swindon? If its off and we win we will be in the play-off position. Personally I would prefer they play.
No idea. No-one's even begun to mention it.

no_loyalty

You joke but don’t Warwick Uni do a lot of football training courses? I’ve seen Roy Keane there years ago. I wonder if we do get the odd random ref because they’re here on business anyway.

I don't know about refs, but they do the UEFA b licence course there, my mate who works there as a chef has seen loads of players

fernandopartridge

The referees do training courses there. I was there years ago on a course myself (stayed over) and all of the PL refs were there. The refs behaved like they were footballers, utter drips. I think they do their training / theory sessions there regularly.

Mucca Mad Boys

These are the only games left.

View attachment 9169

If we win, we’ll be in the playoffs because we have a better GD than Swindon. With what Robins and Doyle we’re saying in the preview, autos is doable! But, we’ve got to put an unbeaten run together! I think we can probably afford to lose 1 (or 2 at most) more games for autos.

SkyBlueSoul

The referees do training courses there. I was there years ago on a course myself (stayed over) and all of the PL refs were there. The refs behaved like they were footballers, utter drips. I think they do their training / theory sessions there regularly.

I used to work at one of the conference centres and PGMOL were in 2 or 3 times a year. You're right about the refs, walked round like they were the dog's bollocks for a week, used to do my nut in

Johhny Blue

For me, this is another can’t lose game. Ideally, we need a win, but a draw would also be a decent result.

A lot of people seem to debating about midfield, but I keep Kelly and Doyle in the middles. We seem to be impenetrable when they both play in the middle. So Bayliss goes on the wing since there’s no stand out right winger at the minute. Shipley probably edged Reid but I’d like to see Reid given more game time - we need a natural winger.

Unsurprinsgly, my rugby game has been cancelled so I’m going to get myself up to the game!
Rugby players are wimps

speedie87

Our match got to be in danger the way it’s come down in last hour. Another hour of this and got to be in doubt

Nick

Administrator
It’s getting worse to be fair.

The pitch will be fine, it’ll be the walk ways etc. I’m sure ACL are on top of it, they’re great landlords.

Im sure I saw something earlier where the office staff were out cleaning it.

Would have thought they would have staff to look after it?

Adge

I couldn’t get out this morning over here and struggled to get in last night. What’s Cov like-if it’s anything like here I’m fearful the game will be off?

wingy

Probably an inch in three hours and another six hours potential fall so on that basis possibly three Inches, could be more could be less.
Pretty sure they've cleared that from around the Stadium before.

Nick

Administrator
I couldn’t get out this morning over here and struggled to get in last night. What’s Cov like-if it’s anything like here I’m fearful the game will be off?
Did pretty much a lap of the city at 4 and it was fine, going down the lanes later so will get a better idea.

Will be gutted if it's called off

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Seen this pic on Facebook. Whilst I get that the pitch might be alright (club have maintained that all day on social media), I don't think they have spoken with Ricoh staff to see what the outside is like.

I've sent them the pic and await their reply, but I suspect it'll be the same as they've given everyone else.

MKDons have even put out an appeal for fans to help the clean up to make sure the game goes ahead (I keep getting their emails from when we had to order tickets from them years ago, and despite trying to send them all to junk, I still get the odd rogue one!). If that's what it took to make sure our game went ahead, I'd happily grab a shovel and help out, but the club need to admit it's needed first!

IMG_0006.JPG

Otis

We'll be there................. if we can get out of the village

Is this you?

giphy.gif

no_loyalty

Seen this pic on Facebook. Whilst I get that the pitch might be alright (club have maintained that all day on social media), I don't think they have spoken with Ricoh staff to see what the outside is like.

I've sent them the pic and await their reply, but I suspect it'll be the same as they've given everyone else.

MKDons have even put out an appeal for fans to help the clean up to make sure the game goes ahead (I keep getting their emails from when we had to order tickets from them years ago, and despite trying to send them all to junk, I still get the odd rogue one!). If that's what it took to make sure our game went ahead, I'd happily grab a shovel and help out, but the club need to admit it's needed first!

View attachment 9173

I remember the good old days at Highfield Road, when they would ask for fans to turn up with shovels to clear snow off the pitch to get the game on, in return for free entry

Skyblueweeman

Probably before St Georges Park was built. The FA do all their courses there now.

Users who are viewing this thread