Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if Lincoln forced the decision. Do they have minor injuries to key players? #conspiracy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they do have injuries from reading their preview

Ashdown

I wonder if they will call all the Prem games off then in the interests of safety of the travelling fans ?!

Londonccfcfan

In terms of health and safety fans can make their own mind up surely.

Unless police and stewards couldn't make it safely to ground. They are at work.

no_loyalty

Nightmare, can't go to midweek games :banghead:

no_loyalty

Might try and get to Swindon, I'm sure their game is still on

Otis

According to the Beeb our game is off due to a frozen pitch. That's not right surely?

wingy

I think it's weird that something was considered feasible earlier on in the morning became less so with the passage of time.
I've just been for a a toddle to the local shop and it did surprise me that it was worse than I expected.
I'm all for considering safety but this game would have gone ahead in the 60s-80s.
Commercially it's bad and that doesn't mean that should override safety.
I would ask will anyone for instance visit Arena Park shopping centre today?
If that is permissible and feasible then so was the football match IMO.
Anyhow we now will see whether there is any psychological advantage to playing before, simultaneously or after our rivals.

Nick

Administrator
Lincoln have blamed too much snow by the Ricoh

Around the West Midlands overnight temparatures plummeted and snow fell leaving some areas around the stadium footprint particularly treacherous for supporters to access.

rondog1973

Sensible call to be honest although disappointing. They have to think of away fans coming through also
Sorry Stu, but this is balls. If the pitch is playable, it should go ahead.

I'm all for fan safety and what not, but it's up to the fans to make the decision to travel or not. Slap in the face for those that made the effort.

Remember a game about 25 years ago away at Everton where conditions were far worse and that went ahead complaint free.

Users who are viewing this thread