Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

Dude I've lost £250 on a hotel room, I won't be able to make the fixture if it's midweek so that's another £30 down the swanny, I had already drove for over an hour before it was called off and now I've got to spend my Saturday that was meant to be celebrating my birthday and having a pint with Big Mo Konjic looking at my fucking Mrs sour face. Not happy
£250, Fucking hell, what you booked, the entire top floor. I only normally pay about £70 down there !?

letsallsingtogether

I'm gutted it's off.
Stuck in Walsgrave hospital bored shitless.
Was looking forward to listening to the game....

steve82

End of the day sounds like one person likely a safety officer would not put there name to the game going ahead.

I'm sure CCFC would of wanted this on as it's legends day, the catering supplies ordered and been paid for, and the pitch is playable.

It's the modern society we live in, safety rules everything and one incident and everyone was wants to find someone accountable for it.

So that person says it's off as they won't authorise it to go ahead.

Otis

I just don't buy the travel thing at all.

Seems it is just snow actually in the stadium and that is easily rectifiable.

Marty

That us nowt. Just ask for some volunteers on here and that could be all cleared in an hour easy.

Exactly! I'd head down with a shovel in exchange for a pie and pint.

Nick

Administrator
3 person room

Were you going to woo big mo back?

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Exactly! I'd head down with a shovel in exchange for a pie and pint.

I'd do it for free, if they put that announcement out at 9AM by the time everybody got there and cleared it it would be done by 11AM.

It's all a bit random. Get all of the snow out of the way, then grit it.

I've been at the Ricoh when it's rained and it was slippy as anything but it was fine?

CCFC_Charlie

Game is off, there is no conspiracy theory. If someone slipped and hurt themselves the club would be liable, naturally they want to avoid that. Stop crying about it, it's the same for 19 other clubs in this league.

Marty

Seems stupid, let people make their own decisions for once, absolute nanny state.

Mucca Mad Boys

Folks, I brought my tickets for this fixture yesterday. So I’m wondering how I go about getting a refund/exchange for my tickets?

Any help is appreciated!

Marty

Apart from the state not making this decision...

More the general concept that decisions are being made on our behalf.

If people want to risk travel, then they should, it's not down to CCFC, Lincoln or the Ricoh or take that decision away from people.

Nick

Administrator
So the stands was just an excuse then?
No idea, it keeps changing

The Lincoln police themselves said the journey was clear earlier on

Roads by the ricoh are much clearer than yesterday when they were certain it was on.

Just seems strange.

Nick

Administrator
Game is off, there is no conspiracy theory. If someone slipped and hurt themselves the club would be liable, naturally they want to avoid that. Stop crying about it, it's the same for 19 other clubs in this league.
What happens if one of the thousands slip in Tesco on the slippier surface?

wingy

If they'd called this Thursday he could have let the players get off to the sun for the weekend If there is any anywhere and assuming they could get a flight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread