Match Thread Coventry City vs. Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 2nd Oct (3 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

My son has just put a pound on bakayoko and Doyle to score I said what a waste of a pound Baka will never score

Great_Expectations

Andreu in for Chaplin, defence as we finished last week

Frustrating as it indicates we won’t be playing with two strikers up front. We looked good on Saturday playing more attacking.

Looking at it positively, another chance for Bayliss and Andreu to link up. However they’ll be a lack of movement in front of them.

SlowerThanPlatt

Frustrating as it indicates we won’t be playing with two strikers up front. We looked good on Saturday playing more attacking.

Looking at it positively, another chance for Bayliss and Andreu to link up. However they’ll be a lack of movement in front of them.

Indeed, tonight was an ideal chance for Hiwula or Bakayoko to stake a claim to partner Clarke Harris but opted to change the formation

Otis

Has anyone put the team news up? Can't see it anywhere. CT is years behind, nowt on the offal.

What's the bench looking like tonight?

stevefloyd

I am tempted to stick it on ifollow but maybe too much beer has put paid to that and it kicking off at nearly 2am here ohhh and also 8 am still swigging

Skyblueweeman

Saw Pompey a couple of weeks ago and they had a lad at the back called Burgess. I was hoping he was going to play as he’s a liability. Unfortunately not.

Anyway, I hope we get the win tonight. I’ll have a lot of mates in the blower afterwards if they beat us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

God they’ve got a drummer

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Although I'm not surprised MR has brought in Andreu instead of either Baka or Hiwula I think it's the wrong decision. We've started to find a formation that makes us competitive and rather than keep that formation and go like for like with a striker who could put pressure on Chaplin we completely change it around to one that will most likely be similar to ones where we started the season rather poorly.

I hope we can keep Portsmouth quiet with the attacking intent of Bayliss, Andreu and Thomas but I think it's going to be one of those frustrating games for JCH as he won't have the support. It could leave Doyle really exposed and with such a short rest from the previous match it could be hard for him and as I've said before I'm not sure about Sterling left and Willis right.

I'm assuming we're going to play with Andreu playing deep of JCH rather than Doyle and Shipley DCM and Bayliss, Andreu and Thomas more advanced behind JCH as a sole forward.

PVA

Andreu needs to play behind a quick striker that looks to get in behind, eg a Chaplin. Don't think he is so effective playing off a target man but hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Andreu needs to play behind a quick striker that looks to get in behind, eg a Chaplin. Don't think he is so effective playing off a target man but hopefully he can prove me wrong.
That's the thing, he's usually far too deep. Last game he was on Doyles toes

skyblueinBaku

Why the fuck did we even sign Hiwula?
He's the nearest we have to another Chaplin, so obviously MR will re-jig the formation to give Andreu, who is the nearest we have to another Cole, a game.

Users who are viewing this thread