Match Thread Coventry City - Wycombe Wanderers Match Thread - Friday 22nd Dec (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Whata great game tonight. Best game of the season for me. Just ahead of Lincoln away.

We played fantastic and it was very exciting. It could of literally been anything. 6-4 7-5 but we deserved to win.

Wycombe were poor and that’s this league for you. They were 4th. They haven’t beat anyone in the top 7 all season and that’s why. We let them back into it for 2-2 rather than their good play.

2 Great homes wins and onwards and upwards now.

2 quick points if I may. Biamou is crap he will never score. Get gets golden chances and it’s now become a confidence thing. He is missing good chances by a way now. Thank good he didn’t take the penalty because he wanted to. Tries his heart out don’t geteat me wrong but much rather the duck.

Lastly I am a big fan of Mark robins and he rightly came in for some stick a few games ago even from Nick but he has done us proud here and shown again why he is good for us even when times are hard. He isn’t a miracle worker but he knows a game of football so I’m double pleased he has people off his back for a bit at least. A good honest football man.

Otis

Whata great game tonight. Best game of the season for me. Just ahead of Lincoln away.

We played fantastic and it was very exciting. It could of literally been anything. 6-4 7-5 but we deserved to win.

Wycombe were poor and that’s this league for you. They were 4th. They haven’t beat anyone in the top 7 all season and that’s why. We let them back into it for 2-2 rather than their good play.

2 Great homes wins and onwards and upwards now.

2 quick points if I may. Biamou is crap he will never score. Get gets golden chances and it’s now become a confidence thing. He is missing good chances by a way now. Thank good he didn’t take the penalty because he wanted to.

Lastly I am a big fan of Mark robins and he rightly came in for some stick a few games ago even from Nick but he has done us proud here and shown again why he is good for us even when times are hard. He isn’t a miracle worker but he knows a game of football so I’m double pleased he has people off his back for a bit at least. A good honest football man.
Thought he made a couple of errors today though.

1. DKE for Vincenti was the wrong choice.

And

2. Biamou was blowing out of his arse near the end and should have been subbed much, much sooner.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Whilst Doyle hit it well, how shit an attempt to stop it was it from their keeper?

As for the pens, DKE had two hands on their man. I’m not surprised it was given

McNulty for the one he won got lucky I think. Seemed a bit of a game touch from behind but he did wel to create the chance and make the defender lunge in.

Second one, I just can’t see why he’d intentionally go down? On a hat trick, goal at his mercy? Think the ref cocked up. Perhaps as with the akinfenwa one he wasn’t going to give either team two pens?

Either way, it was a joy to see Mcnulty’s go in. That’s how you hit them, even if I did think Jimmy was about to get a touch!

mrtrench

Just got back home. What a scrappy game. Personally, I didn't think that Wycombe looked like scoring all evening until they did - twice. Would love to see the 'four' penalties replayed - don't really feel that I was sighted enough to have an opinion on any of them.

EDIT: Seen three of them now. Wycombe's penalty was fair IMO but neither of ours were.

Last edited:

Adge

Yes good game that we deserved to win. Great finish from McNulty and good strike just before half time from the Wycombe defender. Ref had a bit of a wobble in the middle of the match and may have evened things up regarding the 2 pens. I thought DKE was silly to let the referee make a decision-just keep your arms down-simple!
Not really sure about our one either-will be interested to have another look but to be fair to the officials they only get one look and give what they see.

ready_96

credit too mark robbins. good game plan and wycombe fell straight into it. they were very predictable. they did drag us into a scrappy arial battle at the end of the 1st half. and then the madness of the 3 penalty appeals at the start of the second. that game really did have it all.

first time ive seen bayliss play and im very impressed. reminds me of maddison quite a bit. took a kicking all game too.

biamou is a work horse and partners mcnulty well. shipley looks settled in his position. willis and rod look a level above.

vincente had a good 45 mins beforw his injury.

looks like oggy has taught burge all he knows with his kicking. ham slices all around haha

keep hold of keys players through january and get lucky with 2 or 3 quality loanies and we could be right in the mix for a top 7 finish

dongonzalos

Sick of people slating Biamou.

Probably the same idiots who hated McNulty and think Ponti is the messiah*.

*not a criticism of him.

I Probably would fit in your stereotype, but I rate Biamou as a holding player I like McNulty for his work rate, creativity but not his clinicalness (happy to be proven wrong)
Like Ponti for work rate and finishing would like to see him get 20 odd games to prove himself like others do?

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Whilst Doyle hit it well, how shit an attempt to stop it was it from their keeper?

As for the pens, DKE had two hands on their man. I’m not surprised it was given

McNulty for the one he won got lucky I think. Seemed a bit of a game touch from behind but he did wel to create the chance and make the defender lunge in.

Second one, I just can’t see why he’d intentionally go down? On a hat trick, goal at his mercy? Think the ref cocked up. Perhaps as with the akinfenwa one he wasn’t going to give either team two pens?

Either way, it was a joy to see Mcnulty’s go in. That’s how you hit them, even if I did think Jimmy was about to get a touch!
DKE was trying to see over his arm that’s why he put his hands on him, so penalty was a bit harsh

robbiethemole

So, we look to have the "20 goals a season" striker right under our noses in McNulty, (10 in the first half season) and yet people still berate Biamou for not scoring!!!
Get off the lad's back ffs, he's still young and in his first season of pro football and he does take some wallops,but keeps defenders occupied whilst his strike partner does the business.
Isn't that what most were clamouring for???? And how the fuck does Akinfenwa get away with such blatant fouling all the game?? bloke's like a fucking rhino charging about.

Nick

Administrator
So, we look to have the "20 goals a season" striker right under our noses in McNulty, (10 in the first half season) and yet people still berate Biamou for not scoring!!!
Get off the lad's back ffs, he's still young and in his first season of pro football and he does take some wallops,but keeps defenders occupied whilst his strike partner does the business.
Isn't that what most were clamouring for???? And how the fuck does Akinfenwa get away with such blatant fouling all the game?? bloke's like a fucking rhino charging about.

For somebody who bangs on about beast mode, why does he need to hold on and pull players about so much rather than just muscle them?

Not to mention that dive.

David O'Day

f
Just got back home. What a scrappy game. Personally, I didn't think that Wycombe looked like scoring all evening until they did - twice. Would love to see the 'four' penalties replayed - don't really feel that I was sighted enough to have an opinion on any of them.

EDIT: Seen three of them now. Wycombe's penalty was fair IMO but neither of ours were.
air, yeah okay skippy

David O'Day

Wycombe are the worst footballing side i can remember city playing, pure gash football. Imagine having to watch that shite every week

Johnnythespider

For somebody who bangs on about beast mode, why does he need to hold on and pull players about so much rather than just muscle them?

Not to mention that dive.
He was constantly using his hands to make room for his ample frame, the ref just turned a blind eye to it.

Nick

Administrator
He was constantly using his hands to make room for his ample frame, the ref just turned a blind eye to it.

No idea why he didn't just use his upper body strength, he was just grabbing our players and throwing them about.

Just wish somebody would have snapped him early on.

steve82

Cant believe akinfenwa didnt score vs willis @steve82 @Otis .........

Ha ha ha, was you sat at the keyboard waiting to write that. Sorry For the late reply only i was at the game watching the whole 96 minutes and had festivities to continue.

Now down to business... no 4 in all fairness had a very very good game and put in a excellent L2 defensive performance that will be up with one of the best this season. I only hope the scouts were watching as that would of put another 100k easy on his price tag should a bid arrive and be considered.

Now if you was at the game you'd of seen No 4 wasn't trusted to man mark akinfenwa it was given to Rod Mcdonald who did a fine job against such a physical opponent as did the whole back 4 in difficult circumstances where the referee was very inconsistent.

No 4 did a reasonably good job too in open play bar one or two incidents where shall we say Akinfenwa took him with him, not much he could do about that tho in all fairness.

Now No 4 or shall we call him Mr Kipling as you don't like us talking too much about him made a few errors that invited his own troubles slicing a few clearances that caused the odd scramble which akinfenwa put himself in the centre.

Also what the hell happened near the end when akinfenwa did him for pace over 10 yards?

I'll let you watch the highlights first...

Last edited:

Cavan O'Doherty

He's 27! You can't role that excuse out for him. He should be in his prime.

Users who are viewing this thread