Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

And haven't Darlington got a tough game tomorrow?

Yep away at Plymouth, Darlington haven’t travelled well this season and that’s a long old poke.

Cov side looking strong despite a couple missing but you’d think 5 point is on the cards in the ‘Rowland Winter Derby’!
Cov have beaten Cambridge the last 5 times they’ve met.
Cambridge have the brilliantly named winger Albert Portsmouth who’s always a handful.

Otis

Yep away at Plymouth, Darlington haven’t travelled well this season and that’s a long old poke.

Cov side looking strong despite a couple missing but you’d think 5 point is on the cards in the ‘Rowland Winter Derby’!
Cov have beaten Cambridge the last 5 times they’ve met.
Cambridge have the brilliantly named winger Albert Portsmouth who’s always a handful.
So it's possible we could be 20 points clear tomorrow?

Otis

Had to miss my first game this season (pesky family shit). 21 points up. I'll take that.
Surely now all but over. We would need to lose 5 matches without obtaining any bonus points for them to catch us wouldn't we?

Not going to happen surely, not after only losing once all season.

wingy

Surely now all but over. We would need to lose 5 matches without obtaining any bonus points for them to catch us wouldn't we?

Not going to happen surely, not after only losing once all season.

Still have to play them twice in nine remaining games .
Should get home but lose both of those and there might be a wobble
play them home last but one fixture of the season.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

25 points from final 8 games is what’s needed to be sure and that’d mean 2 5-0 defeats v DMP, I think today was the day the challenge ended imo (lose 60-7 next week and I will be panicking I’m sure) but DMP will have to win 9 out of 9 Cov would have to lose to them twice, prob Plymouth away and 2 others in the last 8, it’s really not going to happen.

Ashdown

With all this talk about Robins and his future with City I thought I'd just say what a fabulous and professional guy we have in Roland Winter at CRFC. Sat up fairly close to his stand position yesterday and could hear him issuing instructions on his mike down to the bench. The way he manages the squad has been exceptional and even throughout the match the way he knows just when to revolve some players is very precise. He does a lot of it with his watch/stopwatch it seems and introduces and withdraws players both for a boost to the team and to protect his best players from injury or penalty. The guy has transformed the club in 2 seasons.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

With all this talk about Robins and his future with City I thought I'd just say what a fabulous and professional guy we have in Roland Winter at CRFC. Sat up fairly close to his stand position yesterday and could hear him issuing instructions on his mike down to the bench. The way he manages the squad has been exceptional and even throughout the match the way he knows just when to revolve some players is very precise. He does a lot of it with his watch/stopwatch it seems and introduces and withdraws players both for a boost to the team and to protect his best players from injury or penalty. The guy has transformed the club in 2 seasons.

I’m sure he’ll be DOR at a Prem club in the next 5 years what is he 35?

Blokes moved the club into the 21st century (I would imagine he’s got stats down to the second when players need to be rotated for maximum impact etc) and well ahead of where it needs to be for N1 and possibly Champ.

Talks sense, calm and well spoken but when he’s not happy the way he prowls the touchline he is a man to be feared it was Plymouth this year where they were bossing us before HT and he was really involved on the side line.

Great bloke who the club are lucky to have, I hope by the time somebody bigger takes him from us Cov are an established Championship side.

scottccfc

I know sometimes they do a deal with the home side where the admission.price is cheaper if you travel via official cosch

Ashdown

I know sometimes they do a deal with the home side where the admission.price is cheaper if you travel via official cosch
Still only for supporters club members though at £10. Not sure how much for non members, meaning the Mrs and I would be looking upwards of £80 plus before a drink has been emptied ?!

wingy

£25 for members.
Yeah get your point but as I've said on here a few times ,I'm a believer in hard economics.
I've never believed in gimmicks such as bogoffs (although I get while they're popular and have benifited in the past).
Not really best example I could have used, but offers discounted If you get in early etc are the ones that gripe me as it just means the later ones subsidise the discount it isn't genuine.
A seat on a plane,train, coach etc should be equally apportioned with all the overheads known .
Same with utiliities or services Ryanair especially as its taken a transaction and broken it down to incremental fragments which confuses and distorts a market.
For me anywhere where the the overheads are known and even where there may be fluctuation at a given time then the spread should be even across all.
But then I am Grumpy old man.

Edit;- Oh I nearly forgot mobile plans, think there's been a little resurgence in pay for what you use plans recently .

Last edited:

Ashdown

All that said the train fares are even more crazy at the moment for Darlington. Might have to settle for a few cheap bets on the Nags and the Twitter updates !

Cov kid 55

A bit off piste, but Cov have a huge game on Saturday, against Darlington Mowden Park, in Darlington. Top v second, and a win for Cov could put us out of sight. I would go normally, but, I will be watching my Number 1 Cov team at Mansfield. So, if there are any Coventrians up in the North East, who fancy supporting the one true Cov Rugby team, then I am sure you would be made most welcome. PUSB and Cov rugby!

North York’s Blue

Although footie is always first on the agenda i do follow the rugby from afar and keep an eye on the results. They’ve been doing brilliantly this season and are firm favourites to go up. Intend to go watch them at Ampthill in Apr.

Cranfield Sky Blue

Although footie is always first on the agenda i do follow the rugby from afar and keep an eye on the results. They’ve been doing brilliantly this season and are firm favourites to go up. Intend to go watch them at Ampthill in Apr.

I am the same. I might drag a few locals (Bedfordshire) along to that game! It’s only 20 minutes from home.. No home game for CCFC I believe as well!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Shame Knox and Narraway are out to injuries but a very strong squad travelling up to DMP fingers crossed the pitch is playable after minus temperatures over night!

Heart says 29-22 Cov
Head says 26-22 defeat

Otis

CWR saying it was backs to the wall for Cov for long periods, but we have broken away and scored.

20-0 at half time.

Just need the City to emulate that now.

Users who are viewing this thread